To our atheist friends

To our atheist friends

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
Your opinion is that it's not unreasonable to ask persons to desist from homosexuality? Why is this your opinion?
because the Bible says so. Next!

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
ah, a qualifier. "those under mosaic law."

so your question is no longer for atheists, its for those who are under mosaic law.

anybody here who is under mosaic law and willing to answer our friend here? anyone?
well duh, you think i never mentioned it enough in my opening statement. How could it
evade you, was it hidden under the verbosity of language, obscured by technical
terms, rustled away be cattle rustlers?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
more mere unsubstantiated opinion masquerading as something else. its barbaric, why,
because you state that its barbaric, no valid reason. You cannot state why its
unreasonable to ask a person to remain faithful to their marraige partner, its barbaric,
why, because you say it is, no valid reason, a huge pile of unsubstantiated mere
opinion. ...[text shortened]... have done it
without you, you may return to proffering opinions from you room full of mirrors!
hahaha. you're a clown. the reasons have been given yet you keep stating that no reasons are given. go peddle your nonsense elsewhere.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
14 Jan 12

well duh, you think i never mentioned it enough in my opening statement. How could it
evade you, was it hidden under the verbosity of language, obscured by technical
terms, rustled away be cattle rustlers?
you should make another thread and ask your question there. title the thread:

"to our friends under mosaic law"

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by JS357
I just saw this thread and decided to answer this particular statement of the question, for all three practices.

It is not unreasonable for someone to ask me to refrain from something.

It is also reasonable for me to take the request under consideration. (Of course, it is possible that I don't want to do those things anyway.) It is also reasonable for th ...[text shortened]... the reasons, and let me know of any consequences they foresee, of my decision.

How's that?
but you have merely answered the question with more question.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

Ok, i see you are having some trouble with these questions, within the parameters that
i set out, lets take it out of there for a moment, [...]
why is asking a person to remain faithful to their marraige partner unreasonable, FMF.

I have already answered this.

Why is asking a person to desist from bestiality unreasonable, FMF.?

Why is asking a person to desist from homosexuality unreasonable FMF?

Because if it's consensual and does not involve deceit I cannot think of any reasonable reason why homosexuals should "desist". You mention the Mosaic Law, but I don't subscribe to the Mosaic Law. You claim Mosaic Law is 'God's instructions'. I don't think they are.

Let's put your chosen religiosity into perspective. Dasa claims that all Muslim men should be eradicated because the Vedas authorize it. I don't think they do, and even if they do, I do not think it means that all Muslim men should be eradicated. Your assertions about homosexuality are no more or less "reasonable" than Dasa's assertions about Muslim men are.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
you should make another thread and ask your question there. title the thread:

"to our friends under mosaic law"
no i should use smaller words, shorter sentences and limit my vocabulary, but ill know
next time.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

because the Bible says so. Next!
Well surely you cannot believe that atheists and non-Christian theists will agree that this, in and of itself, constitutes a "reasonable" reason for homosexuals to "desist"? I have offered actual reasoning based on what homosexuality entails and whom it affects, and yet you have dodged discussion of it.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
[b]why is asking a person to remain faithful to their marraige partner unreasonable, FMF.

Why is asking a person to desist from bestiality unreasonable, FMF.?

Why is asking a person to desist from homosexuality unreasonable FMF?

Because if it's consensual and does not i ality are no more or less "reasonable" than Dasa's assertions about Muslim men are.[/b]
therefore you think that within the context of the Law, its unreasonable for God to ask
homosexuals to desist because you just think that it is, well ok.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

no i should use smaller words, shorter sentences and limit my vocabulary, but ill know
next time.
What's with this shift to an ad hominem approach, robbie?

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
Well surely you cannot believe that atheists and non-Christian theists will agree that this, in and of itself, constitutes a "reasonable" reason for homosexuals to "desist"? I have offered actual reasoning based on what homosexuality entails and whom it affects, and yet you have dodged discussion of it.
whether its reasonable or not i cannot say, you asked me, i gave you the answer.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
What's with this shift to an ad hominem approach, robbie?
no reason.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

therefore you think that within the context of the Law, its unreasonable for God to ask
homosexuals to desist because you just think that it is, well ok.
Are you talking about active homosexuals who declare themselves as subscribing to Mosaic Law? I haven't met any. Have you?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
14 Jan 12

next time.
and maybe you can include the qualifier next time. such did not exist in your OP and you craftily inserted it in when your arguments fell apart.

but after having inserted in, you defeated the original concept of your opening post. you defeated yourself.

here is your OP:

Dear friends, i have often wondered at your attitude towards the morality of the mosaic
law and its moral ordinances. You have cited such terms as barbaric and to be sure,
the penalties for transgression were severe, for example homosexuality, adultery,
bestiality, were capital crimes and carried the punishment of death by stoning.

However my question is this, is it unreasonable to ask persons to refrain from adultery,
homosexuality and bestiality? What do you think?

let's break it apart since you don't seem to understand your own words here.

"Dear friends, i have often wondered at your attitude towards the morality of the mosaic
law and its moral ordinances. "

you're asking atheists about their opinion on the morality of mosaic law.

after listing some reasoning used by atheists (and non-christians as well) you then ask the question.

"However my question is this, is it unreasonable to ask persons to refrain from adultery,
homosexuality and bestiality? What do you think?"

so we tell you what we think, we qualify our attitude as you requested and then you complain that we are only giving our opinions?

are you completely bonkers?

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

whether its reasonable or not i cannot say, you asked me, i gave you the answer.
Your opinion is that homosexuality is forbidden because "the Bible says so". And others analysis of the morality of homosexuality is just "opinions". Can't you see how you are simply not labelling your own opinion as an 'opinion', while declaring others' actual reasoning as 'opinions'?