To our atheist friends

To our atheist friends

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
it has everything to do with it, you claim that the law was barbaric yet you cannot
even state why the ordinances are unreasonable, other than to state, because i think
so.
i can and have given the reason. your cognitive dissonance prevents you from reading those reasons.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
This has been one of the clumsiest moving of OP goalposts I've seen on this forum for a long time.
I dont think so, the question was very simple, yet you have attempted to obfuscate it
with pointless references to me personally, meeting people under the law, even after i
simplified it you are still drivelling on about how it doesn't apply to anyone, about dasa
and Muslims, and irrelevancies like, atheists dont subscribe to the law, as if it stops
them having opinions about it. dear oh dear! If those are not the lamest arguments i
think i have heard, i dunno what is.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
i can and have given the reason. your cognitive dissonance prevents you from reading those reasons.
no you have given mere opinions. why, because 'you think so'.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

ok, you think that the Law was not applicable to the nation of Israel on the basis that
it?? was not from God, is that what you are saying? Yet the ordinances themselves
exist and were acted upon.
That the laws pertaining to homosexuality were "acted upon" does not mean [1] that they were "from God", and [2] nor does it mean that they represented "justice" or were anything other than backward and discriminatory.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Jan 12

no you have given mere opinions.
Once again, if your god made humans, he also made gays. Live with it. Your god must have had a reason, it is genetically encoded in gays to be that way. They don't choose to become gay. There are cases of 3 year old boys who insist on playing with dolls and dressing like girls, there is nothing anyone can do about it. It happens to a certain percentage of the population regardless of laws or consequences.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
That the laws pertaining to homosexuality were "acted upon" does not mean [1] that they were "from God", and [2] nor does it mean that they represented "justice" or were anything other than backward and discriminatory.
they are backward and discriminatory, why? because you think so. no reason, simply
because, you think so.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Jan 12

they are backward and discriminatory, why? because you think so. no reason, simply
because, you think so.
You are ignoring my argument?

F

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

However my question [to our atheist friends] is this, is it unreasonable to ask persons to refrain from adultery, homosexuality and bestiality? What do you think?
Well I am not an atheist, robbie, but if I may I will make comment anyway. Yes, I think it is unreasonable to ask persons to refrain from homosexuality. Adultery involves deceit and there is in most cases a victim. Bestiality and paedophilia are sexual assaults or abuse because there is - and can be - no informed consent and there are therefore quite clearly victims. But homosexuality? What's wrong with homosexuality? Where is the issue of 'deception' or 'betrayal' or the issue of sexual abuse or the issue of lack of 'informed consent? Homosexuality doesn't belong on the same list as adultery and bestiality. Why do you think it does?

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

because, you think so.
For the reasons I offered on page 1 on this thread, which you have steadfastly refused to discuss.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
Once again, if your god made humans, he also made gays. Live with it. Your god must have had a reason, it is genetically encoded in gays to be that way. They don't choose to become gay. There are cases of 3 year old boys who insist on playing with dolls and dressing like girls, there is nothing anyone can do about it. It happens to a certain percentage of the population regardless of laws or consequences.
what a pile of crap, its genetically encoded that i like women, it does not mean that i
break the fidelity of my marraige and sleep with all the women that i like, does it, why?
because there is morality involved, epic fail like all your other materialistic jive and
even if it was true, influence is not the same as a cause. Even if genes and hormones
predispose a person to one sexuality rather than another predisposition and
determination are two different things thus it cannot be unreasonable for God to ask
persons to desist from homosexuality.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
You are ignoring my argument?
i have answered your predictable argument, see above.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Well I am not an atheist, robbie, but if I may I will make comment anyway. Yes, I think it is unreasonable to ask persons to refrain from homosexuality. Adultery involves deceit and there is in most cases a victim. Bestiality and paedophilia are sexual assaults or abuse because there is - and can be - no informed consent and there are therefore quite clearly vic ity doesn't belong on the same list as adultery and bestiality. Why do you think it does?
what's wrong with homosexuality, God forbids it. why, its unnatural.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
14 Jan 12

that's your opinion.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

How is you claiming what "God forbids" relevant to people who do not accept your claim?

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
How is you claiming what "God forbids" relevant to people who do not accept your claim?
whether they accept it or not is irrelevant, its a simple statement of fact, its
condemned in scripture.