To our atheist friends

To our atheist friends

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Are you talking about active homosexuals who declare themselves as subscribing to Mosaic Law? I haven't met any. Have you?
what has meeting anyone got to do with anything, i haven't met John W Booth, but i am
sure he is a person of some historical significance, must i meet everyone in order to
be able to argue a point which has relevance to a system they were living under? Is it
possible that order for me to speak with reference to the civil rights and the
segregation of African Americans I must have met and marched with Dr.King, do you
realise how absurd you are sounding simply because you are deviod of reason other
than, because i think it is.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
and maybe you can include the qualifier next time. such did not exist in your OP and you craftily inserted it in when your arguments fell apart.

but after having inserted in, you defeated the original concept of your opening post. you defeated yourself.

here is your OP:

[quote]Dear friends, i have often wondered at your attitude towards the mor ...[text shortened]... nd then you complain that we are only giving our opinions?

are you completely bonkers?
nothing but opinion, all you can state, is, 'because i think it is'. NO REASONS.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
hat has meeting anyone got to do with anything, i haven't met John W Booth, but i am
sure he is a person of some historical significance, must i meet everyone in order to
be able to argue a point which has relevance to a system they were living under? Is it
possible that order for me to speak with reference to the civil rights and the
segr ...[text shortened]... d you are sounding simply because you are deviod of reason other
than, because i think it is.
What does this have to do with our discussion? Why are you sidestepping the discussion?

I asked you whether your OP is talking about homosexuality as engaged in by active homosexuals who also declare themselves as subscribing to Mosaic Law?

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
Your opinion is that homosexuality is forbidden because "the Bible says so". And others analysis of the morality of homosexuality is just "opinions". Can't you see how you are simply not labelling your own opinion as an 'opinion', while declaring others' actual reasoning as 'opinions'?
no, because i did not author the Bible, its not of my own originality, whereas your
opinions are just that.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

...do you realise how absurd you are sounding simply because you are deviod of reason other than, because i think it is.
I have offered you reasons on all three "transgressions" and you have refused to discuss them. Simply declaring what I have said to be "deviod of reason" is not 'discussion', robbie.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

no, because i did not author the Bible, its not of my own originality, whereas your
opinions are just that.
Your claim that Mosaic Law applies to anyone other than yourself, ot to others who also subscribe to it, is just an opinion too, robbie.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
What does this have to do with our discussion? Why are you sidestepping the discussion?

I asked you whether your OP is talking about homosexuality as engaged in by active homosexuals who also declare themselves as subscribing to Mosaic Law?
its actually a very simple question, do you think its unreasonable for God to ask
persons who were or could be, in the past or at present or far into the future in this
epoch or any other, on earth or anywhere in the known cosmos, who are living under
the mosaic law and its ordinances to desist from homosexuality.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
14 Jan 12

nothing but opinion, all you can state, is, 'because i think it is'. NO REASONS.
you asked for opinions. that's what you got. i do not accept your changing goal-posts as a reasonable discussion.

you have gravitated from:
'hey atheist friends, what is your opinion on mosaic law...do you think it's unreasonable to ask persons to refrain..."

to

"do you think its unreasonable to ask those living under mosaic law to refrain..."

when you are ready to get back to discussing the original question you posted, let me know. your evolved question has nothing to do with atheists opinions on the morality of mosaic law.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
3 edits

you asked for opinions. that's what you got. i do not accept your changing goal-posts as a reasonable discussion.

'hey atheist friends, what is your opinion on mosaic law...do you think it's unreasonableto ask persons to refrain."

to

"do you think its unreasonable to ask those living under mosaic law to r evolved question has nothing to do with atheists opinions on the morality of mosaic law.
yes you are correct, but i had hoped for reasons! alas it was too hopeful, too much to
ask, too blighted by optimism, too close to the sun! crashing down inebriated with joy,
i crash into the sea!

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

its actually a very simple question, do you think its unreasonable for God to ask
persons [...] who are living under
the mosaic law and its ordinances to desist from homosexuality.
I don't think God has asked people to desist from homosexuality. I think it unreasonable of you to claim that Mosaic Law applies to anyone. But if you don't want to be a homosexual because you think God forbids it, then that is your prerogative.

F

Moves
14 Jan 12

when you [robbie] are ready to get back to discussing the original question you posted, let me know. your evolved question has nothing to do with atheists opinions on the morality of mosaic law.
This has been one of the clumsiest moving of OP goalposts I've seen on this forum for a long time.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
I don't think God has asked people to desist from homosexuality. I think it unreasonable of you to claim that Mosaic Law applies to anyone. But if you don't want to be a homosexual because you think God forbids it, then that is your prerogative.
ok, you think that the Law was not applicable to the nation of Israel on the basis that
it?? was not from God, is that what you are saying? Yet the ordinances themselves
exist and were acted upon.

rc

Moves
14 Jan 12
2 edits

'hey atheist friends, what is your opinion on mosaic law...do you think it's unreasonable to ask persons to refrain[."

to

"do you think its unreasonable to [b]ask those living under mosaic law to r evolved question has nothing to do with atheists opinions on the morality of mosaic law
it has everything to do with it, you claim that the law was barbaric yet you cannot
even state why the ordinances are unreasonable, other than to state, because i think
so.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
This has been one of the clumsiest moving of OP goalposts I've seen on this forum for a long time.
Here is one fact overlooked: Homosexuality, bisexuality and so forth is with us because it is in our genes, a certain percentage of the population is going to be gay no matter what laws are spouted against it, no matter what consequence. Take a look at Iran for instance, totally against Sharia law yet there are gay bars in Iran where I believe it is a death sentence. There is no way to stop it. Therefore, if there is a god overseeing all this it is this god's wish for there to be gays, there must be some purpose for it. Get over it.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
14 Jan 12
1 edit

yes you are correct, but i had hoped for reasons! alas it was too hopeful, too much to
ask, too blighted by optimism, too close to the sun!
no, you're just suffering from cognitive dissonance. something that afflicts many of the religious, unfortunately.

my answer to your OP is simple and concise, it is an opinion yes, but everything is an opinion when answering the morality of some legal code.

"i have often wondered at your attitude towards the morality of the mosaic
law and its moral ordinances."

in reply:

it is immoral to legally mandate sexuality.
the reason given to the above is that it is coercion to legally mandate sexuality.

you have the answers you wanted, you just don't want them anymore because you don't like what they do to your narrow world view.