1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 07:02
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    If you can imagine the horror of plucking out one of your own eyes, and then you're told that's much better than being tossed into hell, then I think he came up with a very good illustration of the unimaginable horror of hell itself.
    According to those who hold to the doctrine of eternal suffering, hell is a created place so their version of god must have been able to "imagine it" mustn't he?

I find it astonishing to see Christian posters in this forum writing literally pages and pages and pages of text defending this doctrine which must be so precious to them.

They hold that the Author of Life has created and is sustaining for eternity a place reserved for the unbelievers in Christ where he will sustain them in an eternal state of life while they are forever burnt alive. Oh yes and Christ and his angels will watch...

Isn't that wonderful. Isn't that a spirit lifting edifying vision of the god who so loved the world that he personal came and die for every human being - but if you reject that because you don't believe this same god will burn you forever.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 08:21
    The most damning evidence (in my opinion) of why evolution is untenable is the fact that most evolutionists won't talk about abiogenesis, and will claim it has nothing to do with the study of evolution.
    Absolutely damning!
    I was debating a Vegan the other day who had nothing to say about USA fiscal policy.

Charlatans!
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 06:27
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Absolutely damning!
    I was debating a Vegan the other day who had nothing to say about USA fiscal policy.

Charlatans!
    If abiogenesis has nothing to do with evolution, then apparently evolution has no natural starting point. Really? So I'm supposed to believe what, that abiogenesis is the immaculate conception of evolution?
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 06:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    According to those who hold to the doctrine of eternal suffering, hell is a created place so their version of god must have been able to "imagine it" mustn't he?

I find it astonishing to see Christian posters in this forum writing literally pages and pages and pages of text defending this doctrine which must be so precious to them.

[b]They hold th ...[text shortened]... an being - but if you reject that because you don't believe this same god will burn you forever.
    YouTube
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 06:51
    If abiogenesis has nothing to do with evolution, then apparently evolution has no natural starting point. Really? So I'm supposed to believe what, that abiogenesis is the immaculate conception of evolution?
    No, you are supposed to discuss abiogenesis separately. Evolution is about how life changes over time.

Plate tectonics is the study of how the earths continents move over time. You would be stupid to claim that the continents do not move (it is a measurable fact) simply because the study of plate tectonics does not include the science of how the earth was formed.

Evolution happens. It is true by definition. The history of the evolution of life is also well documented. In order to study and understand current evolution and the history of evolution you do not need to know how life started. There are good reasons to think abiogenesis took place, but that is not part of the study of evolution, and even if it didn't take place it would not affect whether or not life is currently evolving or how it is known to have evolved in the past.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 07:42
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, you are supposed to discuss abiogenesis separately. Evolution is about how life changes over time.

Plate tectonics is the study of how the earths continents move over time. You would be stupid to claim that the continents do not move (it is a measurable fact) simply because the study of plate tectonics does not include the science of how the earth ...[text shortened]... affect whether or not life is currently evolving or how it is known to have evolved in the past.
    ...and even if it didn't take place it would not affect whether or not life is currently evolving or how it is known to have evolved in the past.

If abiogenesis didn't take place then how could you find any life evolving to begin with? Evolutionists only separated abiogenesis from the general discussion of evolution because of the difficultly in proving it could have happened.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 07:49
    If abiogenesis didn't take place then how could you find any life evolving to begin with? Evolutionists only separated abiogenesis from the general discussion of evolution because of the difficultly in proving it could have happened.
    No one knows exactly how life started but this fact need not prevent people from studying the evolution of life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree