1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 20:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes. And I think that you are well aware that it is wrong. Your behaviour when challenged demonstrates that. The difference between you and I, is that you are comfortable with it being wrong and prefer it that way.
    I don't subscribe to dualities unless they affect me directly it seems.

(I'm not fond of "right and wrong". "Insightful" or "accurate" can be more satisfying than "being right" . )
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 20:31
    I just find it interesting how widespread the myth is that we use only the left half of our brain to do maths.
    This is the myth that worries you?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 12:41
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I don't subscribe to dualities unless they affect me directly it seems.

(I'm not fond of "right and wrong". "Insightful" or "accurate" can be more satisfying than "being right" . )
    A long winded way of saying you know you are wrong but are OK with it because it feel right even though you know it isn't.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 12:41
    This is the myth that worries you?
    No, what gave you that idea?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 22:031 edit
    A long winded way of saying you know you are wrong but are OK with it because it feel right even though you know it isn't.
    Like we all subscribe to the same reality as you. You know that isn't true. At least I can admit my different outlook.
    Even though it feels right for me, it is right for me. I know you think you know the sort of person I am, but you don't.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 22:04
    You brought it up! (As if you had scored another point).
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 09:132 edits
    No, it doesn't. The fact that you can't see that, demonstrates the fact beyond all reasonable doubt that you cannot and should not, trust your thoughts.
    But now it seems you are trusting your thoughts that 'I cannot and should not trust my thoughts'. 😛
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 09:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Did you ever see the 1944 film Gaslight, with Charles Boyer and Ingrid Bergman?
    Nope. Way before my time. Any good?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 14:41
    Like we all subscribe to the same reality as you. You know that isn't true.
    There is only one reality and it doesn't get 'subscribed to'. You know that isn't true.
    If you want to maintain such a ridiculous position then please tell me how to unsubscribe from gravity, because I would really like to know.

At least I can admit my different outlook.
    Your error is to think your outlook is reality then falsely accuse me of not recognising people have different outlooks by couching it in words that actually mean something else.

Even though it feels right for me, it is right for me. I know you think you know the sort of person I am, but you don't.
    Why do you think I think I know the sort of person you are? I think you think you know what I am thinking but you don't.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 14:43
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    But now it seems you are trusting your thoughts that 'I cannot and should not trust my thoughts'. 😛
    No, I do not trust them. You are having trouble following aren't you? I accept the argument not 'trust' the thoughts. There is a difference. I generally do not go in for the whole 'trust' thing.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 05:52
    No, I do not trust them. You are having trouble following aren't you? I accept the argument not 'trust' the thoughts. There is a difference. I generally do not go in for the whole 'trust' thing.
    You accept the argument because you supposedly put some thought into it. Thoughts that you supposedly don't trust.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 21:401 edit
    There is only one reality and it doesn't get 'subscribed to'. You know that isn't true.
    If you want to maintain such a ridiculous position then please tell me how to unsubscribe from gravity, because I would really like to know.

[b]At least I can admit my different outlook.

Your error is to think your outlook is reality then falsely accuse me of ...[text shortened]... I know the sort of person you are? I think you think you know what I am thinking but you don't.[/b]
    You seem to conflate defensiveness with hearty chat.

I am participating in the latter.

There is only one reality, however there are over 7 billion versions of it. These versions are so ingrained that some will suicide for their ideas.
    People who fly unsubscribe from reality. Same with people that astral travel. Even dreamers and day dreamers.

I guess the only way to say whether they are right or not is third party witnesses

You will note the earlier I have described 'reality' as a paradox or oxymoronic.
    I believe this is a more accurate way of looking at the world (as opposed to saying "one reality fits all" )
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 21:46

Your error is to think your outlook is reality then falsely accuse me of ...[text shortened]... I know the sort of person you are? I think you think you know what I am thinking but you don't.[/b]
    I'm truly sorry if I got you wrong, but from my end it seems you have put me in an idealogical box. (Not directly, but you have hinted at it a few times)
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 21:48
    your posts.... the fact that you would go ahead and push the "send" button.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 21:52

I know what you're not thinking. you're not considering (let alone contemplating my ideas), you are devising plot holes in my theory and finding the best ways to put them to me and the forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree