Tree Rings / Calendars

Tree Rings / Calendars

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Feb 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
No, I haven't. If there is a photo on my wall showing me as a child, did I create the photo? Did I create the appearance that I was once a child? No. The 'fake history' exists. I look up at the stars and I see stars. Either the universe is very old, or the stars are fake. I did not create the stars. If they are fake, I did not create them.
You are talking about billions of years as if that happened.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Feb 12

Originally posted by menace71
I'm not saying all science is bad/good science but you can't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Manny
I agree there, but holier than thou science community has it own warts.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Feb 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
What is the "baby" in this case?
Science but don't say that someone will try to abort it.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Feb 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
Like they said, you have a very limited understanding of physics. Things moving effect space and time together, space and time are bendable, depending on the mass of an object and/or the velocity. If the velocity goes up close to c, the mass goes up too, it's like the energy of the propulsion system is no longer able to increase the velocity as before at lo ...[text shortened]... ty came out either, now more people understand but it is still a hard concept to visualize.
So if one is moving left a the speed of light, and another is moving right at the
speed of light in your not so humble opinion they are moving away from each
other at?
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Feb 12

Ok let's say for argument sake that God created the universe 10K years ago we could or would see the results/consequences of this in the heavens right now there would be evidence physically that we could see. We know that the universe is larger that 10K light years this is were the problem arises at least for those who want truth.

Manny
Again your confusing size with age.
Kelly

Cape Town

Moves
20 Feb 12
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
WW1 is a large topic, what do you think I could be wrong about?
Kelly
That it happened. Do you think you could be wrong in believing that World War I took place? Its not a difficult question and it really only has a yes / no answer.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
20 Feb 12

What is the "baby" in this case?
The baby is good irrefutable science. LOL πŸ˜‰

Manny

Cape Town

Moves
20 Feb 12

You are talking about billions of years as if that happened.
Kelly
It did happen. Now address the points instead of avoiding them.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
20 Feb 12

So if one is moving left a the speed of light, and another is moving right at the
speed of light in your not so humble opinion they are moving away from each
other at?
Kelly
The speed of light !!!! The speed would be the speed of light.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
20 Feb 12

Again your confusing size with age.
Kelly
The size and age of the universe are intertwined they can't be separated.

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Feb 12

The speed of light !!!! The speed would be the speed of light.

Manny
Did you have trouble with word problems in your arithmetic class in
school?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Feb 12

The size and age of the universe are intertwined they can't be separated.

Manny
Where did you get this idea. Do you have a reference or did you just dream
it up?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Feb 12

Originally posted by moon1969
No, I was only 6 years old in 1969. Though, I have lived in Houston including near Johnson Space Center for years, and knew people who worked contract for NASA, and saw the federal dollars flowing in. My handle was a common user id I use because it is easy to remember. I didn't realize it would be my profile name.

Wow I didn't even realize that there was a flight center in Maryland. That must have been fascinating to be involved.
It certainly was! More Phd's per square foot than I saw anywhere outside of Bell Labs in New Jersey, which I saw a lot of also. One of our exercises at Goddard when we were training for Apollo, was to lock on to a Mars probe att orbiting Mars. It had a 5 watt transmitter and we had just a training dish, a little 20 footer on the roof of the training building, not much bigger than the old tv sat dishes (8 to 10 feet). I was able to find and lock onto that probe, very exciting for me! I am a ham, and I know, for instance, CB radios are limited to 5 watts (legal limit, most people pump out more than that illegally), anyway, here was this Mars probe, 100,000,000 million miles away att, and that little 20 foot dish found and locked on the signal! The bad news was, those signals that get locked on to are buried in the noise, it is only with very tricky modulation schemes we could do it. They can extract a lot of data from such signals buried in the noise with these techniques. If we had a chance to listen to the signal while data was being extracted, we would only hear noise!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Feb 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
It certainly was! More Phd's per square foot than I saw anywhere outside of Bell Labs in New Jersey, which I saw a lot of also. One of our exercises at Goddard when we were training for Apollo, was to lock on to a Mars probe att orbiting Mars. It had a 5 watt transmitter and we had just a training dish, a little 20 footer on the roof of the training buildin ...[text shortened]... had a chance to listen to the signal while data was being extracted, we would only hear noise!
I heard Phd stands for "Piled high dung". 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Feb 12

I heard Phd stands for "Piled high dung". 😏
No, it goes, BS= Bull Shyte, MS=More of the same, PHD, Piled higher and drierπŸ™‚