1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Dec '21 18:11
    1) "The Godhead, the Trinity, has three distinct male personifications, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, each with distinguishable attributes. The Trinity is a Spirit (John 4:24). The Trinity is eternal; it has always existed and will always exist; it had no beginning and will have no end; it exists outside of time and space, yet it permeates time and space to the sub-atomic level. "

2) "We believe that the one God eternally exists in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; and that these three are one God, co-equal and co-eternal, having precisely the same nature and attributes, and worthy of precisely the same worship, confidence, and obedience."

3)here is one illustration that I think has biblical backing (although it has drawbacks as well). It is man himself and this illustration is only slightly different from the one you suggest. Man was made in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:26-27)
    Although I do not have undeniable proofs of this, I believe that the "image" has to do with the basic form of man's being and "likeness" has to do with basic qualities such as a sense of justice, an appreciation of beauty, an understanding of love, and other things."

4} Throughout the Bible, we are taught that God is one thing. Some refer to Him as the Godhead. However, there are ways that God has chosen to talk to us. In Isaiah 48:16 we are told, "'Come closer, and listen to this. From the beginning, I have told you plainly what would happen.' And now the Sovereign Lord and his Spirit have sent me with this message." (NIV).
    We can see clearly here that God is talking about sending His spirit to talk to us. So, while God is the one, true God. He is the only God,
    He uses other parts of Himself to accomplish His goals. The Holy Spirit is designed to speak to us. It is that little voice in your head.
    Meanwhile, Jesus is the Son of God, but also God. He is the way God revealed Himself to us in a way we could understand. None of us can see God, not in a physical way. And the Holy Spirit is also heard, not seen. However, Jesus was a physical manifestation of God we were able to see.

Lol. This is all I can waist my time on but this is just a sampling of how ones try to explain the trinity. No matter how one looks this up for an explanation, no two are ever exactly alike.
    Is this really the way God is to you that you put your trust in this teaching?
    No wonder non of you do as Jesus commanded and that is to go to all and teach God's word to them in every nation. You don't because you have no idea how to teach this pagan inspired stuff.
    I've had church leaders refuse to explain this to me because they couldn't...... "It's a mystery ya know"
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Dec '21 18:33
    @galveston75 said
    1) "The Godhead, the Trinity, has three distinct male personifications, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, each with distinguishable attributes. The Trinity is a Spirit (John 4:24). The Trinity is eternal; it has always existed and will always exist; it had no beginning and will have no end; it exists outside of time and space, yet it permeates time and space to th ...[text shortened]... had church leaders refuse to explain this to me because they couldn't...... "It's a mystery ya know"
    Maybe you can’t understand it because you’re trying to understand it carnally and logically instead of spiritually.

Not sure who said this, but it’s true:

“If God can be fully proved by the human mind, then He is no greater than the mind that proves Him.”

You want Scripture?

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

(Isaiah 55:8-9)

Maybe the Scriptures on the deity of Jesus Christ and Trinity aren’t as clear as you’d like because they are meant to be understood on a spiritual level and the seeming ambiguity (for some) is what prompts conversation and debate about the Scriptures.

How much conversation and debate would exist if the Scriptures were as black-and-white as you seem to demand?

As far as teaching God’s Word to all nations, Christians who believe the Trinity do that all the time - in person and over the Internet. What makes you think they don’t?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Dec '21 21:05
    @pb1022 said
    Maybe you can’t understand it because you’re trying to understand it carnally and logically instead of spiritually.

“If God can be fully proved by the human mind, then He is no greater than the mind that proves Him.”

You want Scripture?

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

F ...[text shortened]... the Trinity do that all the time - in person and over the Internet. What makes you think they don’t?
    I don’t think people like the idea that God is more complex than we are.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Dec '21 21:09
    @galveston75 said
    1) "The Godhead, the Trinity, has three distinct male personifications, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, each with distinguishable attributes. The Trinity is a Spirit (John 4:24). The Trinity is eternal; it has always existed and will always exist; it had no beginning and will have no end; it exists outside of time and space, yet it permeates time and space to th ...[text shortened]... had church leaders refuse to explain this to me because they couldn't...... "It's a mystery ya know"
    BTW, in your attempt to understand the Trinity and what it means that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, you should consider Jesus’ response to Peter:

“And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.”

(Matthew 16:17)

It doesn’t take God the Father to reveal to you that Jesus Christ is His Son because that’s plainly and clearly stated throughout Scripture.

But what that means (whether Jesus is God and has existed eternally) is not so clearly stated in black and white.

So why are you asking “flesh and blood” to explain it to you? Ask the Father. And he’ll reveal it to you or He won’t.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Dec '21 21:11
    @kellyjay said
    I don’t think people like the idea that God is more complex than we are.
    Seems logical that an eternal and omniscient being that exists in another realm might be harder to figure out than a human brain is capable of, but what do I know?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Dec '21 21:14
    @pb1022 said
    Seems logical that an eternal and omniscient being that exists in another realm might be harder to figure out than a human brain is capable of, but what do I know?
    😊
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Dec '21 22:261 edit
    @galveston75
    Lol. This is all I can waist my time on but this is just a sampling of how ones try to explain the trinity. No matter how one looks this up for an explanation, no two are ever exactly alike.

So then if you found two explanations exactly alike then you would receive Jesus Christ the Son of God into your heart as your Lord and Savior ?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Dec '21 23:43
    @pb1022 said

You want Scripture?

F ...[text shortened]... the Trinity do that all the time - in person and over the Internet. What makes you think they don’t?
    I totally agree with Isiah 55.

The point is I completely understand what truth means. No the trinity makes no sense and that's been proved here because no one here can explain it. The bible is crystal clear to God's people because they have removed all worldly and pagan influenced mumbo jumbo teachings and completely have faith in Jehovah the Father and of his son Jesus.
    Once all of the crude added by Satan is removed, the truth is simple and clear and teachable.

One of my holier then thou cousins has his own church here in Texas. He refuses to ever talk to me about the trinity because he's so much more educated then me with spiritual matters. He's attended this bible college and that bible university and knows all their knows about the trinity. Right. And like all here he says we have to accept that it's a mystery, have faith and it is what it is we just let have to let it go. I don't think he got his moneys worth to be taught just that. Lol.
    Just so glad Jesus and the apostles didn't take that stand in their teachings.....
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Dec '21 23:45
    @sonship said
    @galveston75

So then if you found two explanations exactly alike then you would receive Jesus Christ the Son of God into your heart as your Lord and Savior ?
    I don't need that as I know who Jesus is. He is our savior when that day comes. And no you are not saved on any level.....
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Dec '21 00:27
    @galveston75 said
    I don't need that as I know who Jesus is. He is our savior when that day comes. And no you are not saved on any level.....
    Who the hell are you to say who’s saved and who isn’t saved?

I strongly suspect this is why you can’t understand the Trinity - you’re too arrogant.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Dec '21 00:351 edit
    @galveston75 said
    I totally agree with Isiah 55.

The point is I completely understand what truth means. No the trinity makes no sense and that's been proved here because no one here can explain it. The bible is crystal clear to God's people because they have removed all worldly and pagan influenced mumbo jumbo teachings and completely have faith in Jehovah the Father and of his son Jesu ...[text shortened]... just that. Lol.
    Just so glad Jesus and the apostles didn't take that stand in their teachings.....
    Why are you looking to flesh and blood to explain it? Why don’t you ask God to enlighten you on it?

So you think the Holy Bible includes “crude” (sic) added by Satan? Wow. You really have gone off the deep end.

Maybe your “holier than thou” cousin refuses to talk to you about the Trinity because you’re too arrogant. I assume he’s praying for you, though.

And you don’t get educated on spiritual matters by attending Bible College. You get educated on spiritual matters by communing with God in sincere and humble prayer and worship, asking Him for wisdom and inviting the Holy Spirit to lead you and live through you.

And I think you oughta re-read the Gospels to find out what Jesus taught. Pay especially close attention to the Gospel of John. And check out some of the Messianic prophecies in the Old Testament.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Dec '21 00:431 edit
    @galveston75

So personally you Galveston confess Jesus Christ as your LORD and Savior?

Or you believe a archangel Michael (Jesus) will rescue everybody generally?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Dec '21 09:351 edit
    @galveston75

And no you are not saved on any level.....

And you are a witness against Jehovah with your rebellion against Him.
    One who is garnering much tender sympathy from an atheist of all people.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Dec '21 10:09
    @sonship said
    @galveston75

And no you are not saved on any level.....

And you are a witness against Jehovah with your rebellion against Him.
    One who is garnering much tender sympathy from an atheist of all people.
    I have no special affinity with JWs and have shared previously personal examples of bad encounters with them, especially in relation to a chap with mental health issues who was targeted and manipulated. I also retain a childhood memory of hiding under a dining room table with my mum and sister when a particularly persistent JW knocked on our door.

I do however find it rich coming from you to call JWs the enemy of Christ when your own twisted form of Christianity is no less out of step with mainstream Christianity (who Lee said were in an organization of Satan.)
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '21 05:20
    @galveston75 said
    Lots of Christians reject the trinity doctrine, I’m one of them.

The truth you need to address more directly is that Jesus Christ was the invisible God made visible, the spirt of Jehovah made flesh, wrapped in a veil of flesh, the exact representation of his being who told Philip “why do you say ‘show us the Father’ (I.e. Jehovah) when I have been with you all this time” and “if you have seen me you have seen the father”.

This notion that because God reveals himself as a man and spirit he is therefore three distinct persons is utterly ridiculous, risible to anyone brought up in the faith outside of the dogma driven institutions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree