1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 00:16
    YouTube

A very basic explination of the trinity ever....
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 00:44
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=070LLiEQQZI
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 00:53
    Originally posted by galveston75
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoZDnxX8usA

So, this self-appointed JW mouthpiece 'explains' a concept he doesn't even believe in?

Oh, yeah, that's great. I'm guessing little fact and a big load of bias in this one.

Next up, an atheist 'explains' Christianity!
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 00:571 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So, this self-appointed JW mouthpiece 'explains' a concept he doesn't even believe in?

Oh, yeah, that's great. I'm guessing little fact and a big load of bias in this one.

Not one thing said there is untrue. If you think so lets see your side of the story with historical evidence...
    I'll be waiting.
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 01:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Now that's funny!
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 01:39
    The Encyclopedia Britannica, 9th edition, vol. 16, page 774, article "Montanism," says -

"From the middle of the second century a change began to take place in the outward circumstances of Christianity. Should the church take the decisive step into the world? Or ought she, on the other hand to remain as she had been at first, a society of religious devotees, separated and shut out from the world by a rigorous discipline?

"It was natural that warning voices should then be raised in the church against secular tendencies, that the well-known counsels about the imitations of Christ should be held up in their literal strictness before worldly Christians, that demands should be made for a restoration of the old discipline and severity, and for a return to apostolic simplicity and purity.

"The church as a whole, however, decided otherwise. She marched through the open door into the Roman state. With the aid of its philosophy she created her new Christian theology."
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 01:40
    How this doctrine of the Trinity was developed during this period is frankly explained by a trinitarian writer in the Encyclopedia Britannica, 9th edition, Volume 23, page 240, article "Theism" -

"The propositions constitutive of the dogma of the Trinity - the propositions in the symbols of Nice, Constantinople and Toledo relative to the immanent distinctions and relations in the Godhead - were not drawn directly from the New Testament, and could not be expressed in New Testament terms. They were the products of reason speculating on a revelation to faith.

"They were only formed through centuries of effort, only elaborated by the aid of the conceptions and formulated in the terms of Greek and Roman metaphysics.

"The evolution of the doctrine of the Trinity was far the most important fact in the doctrinal history of the church during the first five centuries of its post- apostolic existence."
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 01:45
    A little influance here it seems?

This is a trinitarian's description of conditions in the Catholic Church during the time the doctrine of the Trinity was being formulated and imposed.

In the same chapter, Section 5, Mosheim says:

"The doctors who were distinguished for their learning explained the sacred doctrines after the manner of Origen (see notes below on Origen) on whom they fixed their eye - in accordance with the principles of that philosophy which they learned in their youth at school, namely, the Platonic philosophy as corrected by Origen.

"Those who wish to get a full insight into this subject may examine Gregory Nazianzen among the Greeks and Augustine among the Latins who were regarded in the subsequent ages as the only patterns worthy of imitation, and may be fitly styled, next to Origen, the parents and supporters of philosophic or scholastic theology. They were both admirers of Plato."
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 03:23
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoZDnxX8usA

Here is a more accurate, yet simple, explanation of God as the Trinity.

The Instructor
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 03:28
    http://www.cogwriter.com/trinity.htm
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 05:01

I forgot to put the following link in before:

YouTube

The Instructor
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 05:11
    http://www.cogwriter.com/trinity.htm
    Yes, it is true that we can not fully explain God. God and Christ both are a mystery, but the church has done the best job they could. So it is up to us to either believe it or not. But since the Trinity Doctrine of God is a central doctrine of the Church, it seems to me that one is not truly a Christian, if He denies it and spreads false rumors about it. Remember that Christ did delegate some of His authority to be exercised here on earth to His church.

The Instructor
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 05:141 edit
    Not one thing said there is untrue. If you think so lets see your side of the story with historical evidence...
    I'll be waiting.
    2 separate saviours, Jehovah and jesus

Jesus is mighty god and an angel

Robbie has multiple spiritual fathers

Trinitarians are way off the mark

Priceless...
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 05:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds

The Instructor
    There is only one God, one Lord, one saviour, one Father, one spirit.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 07:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There is only one God, one Lord, one saviour, one Father, one spirit.
    I am not going to argue with that.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree