1. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 16:321 edit
    Originally posted by duecer
    Where does it say that? what translation is that from? I resourced several, and none agree with yours
    I like this one (NCV) 7 Look, Jesus is coming with the clouds, and everyone will see him, even those who stabbed him. And all peoples of the earth will cry loudly because of him. Yes, this will happen! Amen.

8 The Lord God says, "I am the Alpha and the ations that can be found cite who what where and why. those are the ones I am going to trust
    (Philippians 2:5-6) . . .Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he was existing in Gods form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.
  2. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 16:34
    In case many of you missed it: verse 7 states that jesus is coming, what does verse 8 say, shall we look? yes, let's:
    Where does it say that? what translation is that from? I resourced several, and none agree with yours
    I like this one (NCV) 7 Look, Jesus is coming with the clouds, and everyone will see him, even those who stabbed him. And all peoples of the earth will cry loudly because of him. Yes, this will happen! Amen.

8 The Lord God says, "I am the Alpha and the Omega. I am the One who is and was and is coming. I am the Almighty."

The subject is Jesus, the speaker is Jesus, Jesus is the Almighty
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 16:351 edit
    In case many of you missed it: verse 7 states that jesus is coming, what does verse 8 say, shall we look? yes, let's:
    I like this one (NCV) 7 Look, Jesus is coming with the clouds, and everyone will see him, even those who stabbed him. And all peoples of ng. I am the Almighty."

The subject is Jesus, the speaker is Jesus, Jesus is the Almighty
    Philippians 2:5-6) . . .Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he was existing in Gods form,gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.
  4. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 16:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    (Philippians 2:5-6) . . .Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he was existing in Gods form, [b]gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.[/b]
    as he was in human form, but of course Rev 1:8 reveals who Christ truly isπŸ˜‰
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 16:351 edit
    as he was in human form, but of course Rev 1:8 reveals who Christ truly isπŸ˜‰
    Philippians 2:5-6) . . .Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he was existing in Gods form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.
  6. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 16:37
    Another thread stated that niether Jawill or I had refuted the Arius doctrine of unitarianism. in very short work and little effort I just have. I did not have to resort to cherry picking sources or twisting interpretations to do it. i let God's word speak for itself.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 16:391 edit
    after his resurrection and ascension to heaven.

(1 Corinthians 15:27-28) . . .But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him. But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.

Philippians 2:5-6) . . .Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he was existing in Gods form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 16:42
    Another thread stated that niether Jawill or I had refuted the Arius doctrine of unitarianism. in very short work and little effort I just have. I did not have to resort to cherry picking sources or twisting interpretations to do it. i let God's word speak for itself.
    in your dreams Duecer, in your dreams, we are still waiting for another reference where Christ is termed the Almighty, if you cannot find one then we must confess that the verse in question is with reference to Jehovah, the Almighty.
  9. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 16:45
    Philippians 2:5-6) . . .Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he was existing in [b]Gods form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.[/b]
    let's quote the entire text shall we? its very enlightening and supports my argument fully

1Christ encourages you, and his love comforts you. God's Spirit unites you, and you are concerned for others. 2Now make me completely happy! Live in harmony by showing love for each other. Be united in what you think, as if you were only one person. 3Don't be jealous or proud, but be humble and consider others more important than yourselves. 4Care about them as much as you care about yourselves 5and think the same way that Christ Jesus thought: [a] 6Christ was truly God.
    But he did not try to remain equal with God.

7Instead he gave up everything [c] and became a slave,

when he became

like one of us.

8Christ was humble.

He obeyed God

and even died

on a cross.

9Then God gave Christ

the highest place

and honored his name

above all others.

10So at the name of Jesus

everyone will bow down,

those in heaven, on earth,

and under the earth.

11And to the glory

of God the Father

everyone will openly agree,

"Jesus Christ is Lord!"

But he did not try to remain equal with God.
    this is an interesting verse...remain equal with God?

7Instead he gave up everything [c] and became a slave,

when he became

like one of us.

Gave up everything? why did he become a slave? to purchase our salvation, and to finally and forever mingle God and man.

9Then God gave Christ

the highest place

and honored his name

above all others.

Jesus' name above all others...All others

10So at the name of Jesus

everyone will bow down,

those in heaven, on earth,

and under the earth.

11And to the glory

of God the Father

everyone will openly agree,

"Jesus Christ is Lord!"

To the Glory of God all will agree that Jesus is Lord.

Yours is a poor exegetical usage of the text, its intellectually dishonest.
  10. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 16:46
    in your dreams Duecer, in your dreams, we are still waiting for another reference where Christ is termed the Almighty, if you cannot find one then we must confess that the verse in question is with reference to Jehovah, the Almighty.
    In God's revelation of Christ. Rev. 1:8. I think one verse is sufficient, as it is clear and concise.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 16:512 edits
    In God's revelation of Christ. Rev. 1:8. I think one verse is sufficient, as it is clear and concise.
    wake up and smell the coffee

In the Christian Greek Scriptures the word Pantokrator occurs ten times, nine of them in the book of Revelation. The word basically means “Almighty,” or “All Powerful.” Its use in the Christian Greek Scriptures lends weight to the understanding of the Hebrew term Shaddai as meaning “Almighty One,” since otherwise there would be no corresponding term for Pantokrator in the Hebrew Scriptures.

At 2 Corinthians 6:18 Paul quotes from the Hebrew Scriptures in urging Christians to avoid false worship and the use of lifeless, powerless idols, thus qualifying as children of “the Almighty [Pantokrator].” In view of the apostles quotations, it is obvious that the title here applies to Jehovah God.

Similarly, throughout Revelation the title Pantokrator is applied to the Creator and King of Eternity, Jehovah, as in “the song of Moses the slave of God and the song of the Lamb [Jesus Christ],” which acclaims Jehovah God as the one worthy of worship and fear by all nations. (Re 15:3; compare Re 21:22.) The titles application to Jehovah God is made obvious at Revelation 19:6 by the use of the expression Hallelujah (Praise Jah, you people!). Likewise, the expression “the One who is and who was and who is coming” (Re 1:8; 4:8) clearly points to the God of eternity (Ps 90:2), who not only “was” the Almighty in ancient times but continues to be so and “is coming” as such with an expression of his all-powerfulness.

one verse is never sufficient, unless you like taking it out of context, why don't we put it back in context! πŸ™‚
  12. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 17:001 edit
    wake up and smell the coffee

In the Christian Greek Scriptures the word Pantokrator occurs ten times, nine of them in the book of Revelation. The word basically means “Almighty,” or “All Powerful.” Its use in the Christian Greek Scriptures lends weight to the understanding of the Hebrew term Shaddai as meaning “Almighty One,” since otherwise there ...[text shortened]... r sufficient, unless you like taking it out of context, why don't we put it back in context! πŸ™‚
    so at which point of your post did you disprove my assertion? none. if Christ is God, then all those appelations aply to him.

Revelations in greek is apocalypse which literally means to reveal or unviel. Funny how the first thing revealed was the true nature of Christ, being that of the Almighty
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 17:072 edits
    so at which point of your post did you disprove my assertion? none. if Christ is God, then all those appelations aply to him.

Revelations in greek is apocalypse which literally means to reveal or unviel. Funny how the first thing revealed was the true nature of Christ, being that of the Almighty
    ok, lets go back to basics, the whole time, the title is applied consistently in the Hebrew and Greek scriptures to none other than Jehovah the Almighty, why it should suddenly become Christ in revelation Chapter 1:8 is inconsistent and erroneous. there is no occasion where Christ is termed the Almighty, not one, this coupled with the fact that Christ is subject to God, even after his resurrection, that he himself never even considered that he should be equal to god, is enough for any reasonable person to put the pieces together and make a correct evaluation that Christ is not the Almighty, thus refuting your assertions, again.

this last chance grasp that it reveals the true nature of Christ is not to be taken seriously, but given top marks for trying.
  14. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 17:14
    ok, lets go back to basics, the whole time, the title is applied consistently in the Hebrew and Greek scriptures to none other than Jehovah the Almighty, why it should suddenly become Christ in revelation Chapter 1:8 is inconsistent and erroneous. there is no occasion where Christ is termed the Almighty, not one, this coupled with the fact that Chri ...[text shortened]... reveals the true nature of Christ is not to be taken seriously, but given top marks for trying.
    we will have to respectfully disagree on this point. I have read your argument, and find to accept it I must also accept the assumptions made in the argument (that because its never used before it shouldn't be taken seriously now). It comes down to our approaches at discerning God's word, we're just different.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 17:201 edit
    we will have to respectfully disagree on this point. I have read your argument, and find to accept it I must also accept the assumptions made in the argument (that because its never used before it shouldn't be taken seriously now). It comes down to our approaches at discerning God's word, we're just different.
    Sure thing, Deucer can i ask you something, can you explain the whole taking Jesus into your heart business. i would ask Jaywill but he is reticent of talking to me at the moment, i was gonna ask him but never got round to it. where is this idea in scripture? which passages are we talking about. is it also true that you guys believe that gods Kingdom is in your heart also? and that paradise is there also ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree