Truth- Absolute or Relative?

Truth- Absolute or Relative?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
13 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
He alters other people words and their meanings to suit his arguments and suggest how he views them is the absolute truth!Spends a lot of time telling people why, how, and what their motivation is!
This is a blatant lie.

c

Moves
13 Sep 19

@divegeester said
This is a blatant lie.
Dive, Christians do not act like you do in these forums.

You need to check yourself.

Moves
13 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
Ironic indeed that he spends so much time arguing about ‘subjective truth’. If there is no absolute truth there’s no point in arguing about anything as everyone is right in their own eyes anyways.
You are making this up.

No one, not one person, has said that there is no such thing as an absolute truth. What is being repeatedly and robustly demonstrated to you over and over and over again ..is that your assertions that there is a god is not an “OBJECTIVE” absolute truth. It is your belief and is therefore subjective to you until such a time that such evidence proves that it is objective.

Moves
13 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
If you think you are the measure/judge of truth what else is there!
The irony!

Moves
13 Sep 19
1 edit

@chaney3 said
Dive, you ignore scripture about hell.
Your post is an example of a subjective truth to you and a subjective error to me.

Hence we disagree and you asserting that your subjective truth is more true than my subjective true is simply conjecture.

Moves
13 Sep 19

@chaney3 said
Dive, Christians do not act like you do in these forums.
You need to check yourself.
Your post is another example of a subjective truth, for you. In fact it is one subjective truth followed by another.

My perspective, my opinion and subjective truth about your subjective truth leads me to think and state that you are taking bollox again.

c

Moves
13 Sep 19

@divegeester said
Your post is an example of a subjective truth to you and a subjective error to me.

Hence we disagree and you nearly asserting that your subjective truth is more true than my subjective true is simply conjecture.
My goodness, this "subjective" and "objective" nonsense is horseshiiit!!!

Feed the poor dive.
Clothe people dive.
Care for others dive.
Visit people in hospitals dive.

Sheeesh, have some priorities.

F

Moves
13 Sep 19

@chaney3 said
My goodness, this "subjective" and "objective" nonsense is horseshiiit!!!

Feed the poor dive.
Clothe people dive.
Care for others dive.
Visit people in hospitals dive.

Sheeesh, have some priorities.
Go and have a lie-down, chaney3. We've arrived at the short little angry posts stage. Log off and get some kip. Come back tomorrow.

Moves
15 Sep 19

@fmf said
It means you are speculating about supernatural things and the supposed "consequences" of things you cannot demonstrate are "true" other than in your imagination. This makes all your assertions subjective and conjecture.
The heavens declare the glory of God. There is no need to imagine the heavens. All you have to do is open your eyes.

Moves
15 Sep 19

@fmf said
It means you are speculating about supernatural things and the supposed "consequences" of things you cannot demonstrate are "true" other than in your imagination. This makes all your assertions subjective and conjecture.
The Bible for example is not imagined. It is there for anyone to read and anyone can decide for themselves whether it provides compelling evidence of the supernatural or not.

Moves
15 Sep 19

@divegeester said
You are making this up.

No one, not one person, has said that there is no such thing as an absolute truth. What is being repeatedly and robustly demonstrated to you over and over and over again ..is that your assertions that there is a god is not an “OBJECTIVE” absolute truth. It is your belief and is therefore subjective to you until such a time that such evidence proves that it is objective.
You can only conclusively say the statement ‘there is a God’ is not an objective truth if you know for a fact there is no God. But you cannot know that as a fact. So it would be more accurate to say you believe ‘there is no God’ is an not an objective truth.

F

Moves
15 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
The heavens declare the glory of God. There is no need to imagine the heavens. All you have to do is open your eyes.
This is a belief and a personal opinion that almost all theists have in common.

F

Moves
15 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
The Bible for example is not imagined. It is there for anyone to read and anyone can decide for themselves whether it provides compelling evidence of the supernatural or not.
If you feel that the Bible provides compelling evidence of the supernatural, then having and sharing that personal opinion is your prerogative.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
You can only conclusively say the statement ‘there is a God’ is not an objective truth if you know for a fact there is no God. But you cannot know that as a fact. So it would be more accurate to say you believe ‘there is no God’ is an not an objective truth.
Lets think about Christians and non-Christians for a moment. If God is real, if the gospel is real, than God has reached out to man and Jesus Christ is our savior. Anyone who has accepted God into their lives now has the Spirit of God within them, and they are walking out their salvation in the Lord.

This means for those that claimed they used to be Christians have but two and only two possibilities of making that claim. Either they never knew the Lord and they left what was never real in their lives, or they did know the Lord and like Judas walked away betraying Jesus. Which means if they are happy with what the world, the flesh, the devil offered them to walk away, they are like Judas walking away from the priests and the scribes singing "I'm in the money." while jingling the 30 pieces of silver in their pockets.

F

Moves
15 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
This means for those that claimed they used to be Christians have but two and only two possibilities of making that claim. Either they never knew the Lord and they left what was never real in their lives, or they did know the Lord and like Judas walked away betraying Jesus.
I don't think I have "betrayed" Jesus, obviously. I think Jesus is stone dead and has been for 2,000 years. This is unaffected by how "real" and how significant my Christian faith was to me in the past.

But you are undoubtedly entitled to your personal opinion about who Jesus was. You are also perfectly entitled to feel that Jesus is as real and as significant as you want.

The fact that your beliefs - and my beliefs - are subjective does not really affect how honest and earnest we both are about how we perceive the reality around us.