Truth- Absolute or Relative?

Truth- Absolute or Relative?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
15 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
Which means if they are happy with what the world, the flesh, the devil offered them to walk away, they are like Judas walking away from the priests and the scribes singing "I'm in the money." while jingling the 30 pieces of silver in their pockets.
You're obviously talking about me, KellyJay, although you don't have the integrity or decency to do so directly.

I don't believe "the devil" exists, KellyJay. I think he is a mythical figure that appeals to your imagination. I don't believe this mythical figure has "offered" me anything.

There is no "30 pieces of silver" in my life. Losing my faith did not cause me to sing "I'm in the money". It's a pity that me being an ex-Christian, and you and me having different beliefs, causes you to be so bitter, and causes you so much trouble with your interpersonal skills, including your ability to process and cope with dissent and diversity.

Moves
15 Sep 19
1 edit

@fmf said
I don't think I have "betrayed" Jesus, obviously. I think Jesus is stone dead and has been for 2,000 years. This is unaffected by how "real" and how significant my Christian faith was to me in the past.

But you are undoubtedly entitled to your personal opinion about who Jesus was. You are also perfectly entitled to feel that Jesus is as real and as significant as you want.
...[text shortened]... es not really affect how honest and earnest we both are about how we perceive the reality around us.
I find it interesting that FMF used to believe at some point in the past that Jesus rose from the dead yet now he believes Jesus has been stone dead for 2000 years, yet he cannot point out the compelling evidence that lead him to change his mind about this specific belief that he used to have.

F

Moves
15 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
I find it interesting that FMF used to believe at some point in the past that Jesus rose from the dead yet now he believes Jesus has been stone dead for 2000 years, yet he cannot point out the compelling evidence that lead him to change his mind about this specific belief that he used to have.
We have talked about it ad nauseam. I am not interested in dialogue with you where you simply ignore the content of posts I spend time writing for you.

Go back to 2016 and 2017 when you were posting as Fetchmyjunk and then when you started posting again as dj2becker. My stances and my reasoning and my personal testimony have not changed one iota.

There has never been any onus on me to provide you with what you feel is "compelling evidence" of anything.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
That was my point, either there was a reality or not, if not, then nothing changed it was never real just an illusion nothing more.

F

Moves
15 Sep 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
That was my point, either there was a reality or not, if not, then nothing changed it was never real just an illusion nothing more.
The substance of my faith felt real to me at that time. Doesn't the substance of your faith feel real to you?

Moves
16 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
It is interesting as well that he keeps on saying he has discussed this in the past when in past he has always dodged the question about the compelling evidence that changes his mind.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Sep 19
1 edit

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Sep 19
1 edit

@dj2becker said
You can only conclusively say the statement ‘there is a God’ is not an objective truth if you know for a fact there is no God. But you cannot know that as a fact. So it would be more accurate to say you believe ‘there is no God’ is an not an objective truth.
I’m not sure why you are spouting this repeated blurb to me when my reply to you was ostensibly calling you dishonest.

Your childlike fetchmyjunkish repeated claims have been comprehensively and repeatedly debunked by several posters several times.

There is no need to repeat myself and I won’t. Carry on with FMF he likes to play cat and mouse with you, I don’t, I find you boring.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Sep 19

@fmf said
You're obviously talking about me, KellyJay, although you don't have the integrity or decency to do so directly.
JellyKay.

F

Moves
16 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
It is interesting as well that he keeps on saying he has discussed this in the past when in past he has always dodged the question about the compelling evidence that changes his mind.
I have given my personal testimony about how and why I lost my faith numerous times, including to you. What I find non-credible and non-compelling about the claims Christians make about Jesus and about themselves has been laid out in, and has provided the content for, tens and tens of thousands of the forthright and detailed posts that I have contributed to discussions here on this forum for over a decade.

Moves
16 Sep 19

@divegeester said
I’m not sure why you are spouting this repeated blurb to me when my reply to you was ostensibly calling you dishonest.

Your childlike fetchmyjunkish repeated claims have been comprehensively and repeatedly debunked by several posters several times.

There is no need to repeat myself and I won’t. Carry on with FMF he likes to play cat and mouse with you, I don’t, I find you boring.
The irony here is that you are suggesting that it is possible for one subjective opinion to be debunked by another subjective opinion.

Moves
16 Sep 19

@fmf said
I have given my personal testimony about how and why I lost my faith numerous times, including to you. What I find non-credible and non-compelling about the claims Christians make about Jesus and about themselves has been laid out in, and has provided the content for, tens and tens of thousands of the forthright and detailed posts that I have contributed to discussions here on this forum for over a decade.
Ironically this is almost exactly the same response I got from you the last few times I asked you about the compelling evidence that changed your mind.

F

Moves
16 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
Ironically this is almost exactly the same response I got from you the last few times I asked you about the compelling evidence that changed your mind.
As you know, from my perspective, it was the gradual realization that there was a lack of compelling evidence that caused me to lose my faith. And I have described that process numerous times.

Moves
16 Sep 19

@fmf said
As you know, from my perspective, it was the gradual realization that there was a lack of compelling evidence that caused me to lose my faith. And I have described that process numerous times.
If you never really believed there was compelling evidence in first place, how could you realize there was a lack of compelling evidence later on? Your story doesn’t seem to add up.

F

Moves
16 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
If you never really believed there was compelling evidence in first place, how could you realize there was a lack of compelling evidence later on?
If you never really believed there was compelling evidence in first place

But I did, as I have explained on countless occasions.

how could you realize there was a lack of compelling evidence later on?

Because of what I have described numerous times.