1. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 11:30
    a letter written by david wilkerson, (minus the pleasantaries at the start and finish...)

One scientist said, "The whole world shook." Another said, "The worst natural disaster in the world's history." They were describing the underwater earthquake that devastated entire coasts in Asia. An island in the Indian Ocean moved nearly 100 feet. Tens of thousands are dead. The tragedy grows dimmer by the day.

When these great disasters strike, I always go to the Lord with one question: "Lord, what is this all about? Is there something you are trying to tell humankind? Was this simply an unexplainable accident of nature, or is there something God's people ought to know as to why it happened?

We all sorrow and mourn for the indescribable pain and misery endured by multitudes. We have prayed earnestly for those afflicted. Our ministry has sent thousands of dollars through Christian relief agencies. Our Heavenly Father is touched by the very feelings of the wounded. The Holy Spirit is pouring out comfort to all believers in the nations affected.

America is a giving nation and very compassionate. Thank God for the response of so many who are praying, giving and going to help. But something deep within my soul troubles me. The magnitude of the disaster is not sinking in. We seem to be numbed, stupefied by it all. Just today it was announced that the U.S. confidence level has increased. I thank God for good reports for the blessings. But if we cannot be brought to our knees – if we cannot humble ourselves before such unleashed power, after witnessing the worst natural disaster in world history, our entire globe Trembling – what will it take to silence the God-mockers? Are we now shock proof?

Think of the expulsion of God from our society in the name of political correctness...the whole world turning to secularism and materialism...a church growing more worldly than the world itself...more violence and apathy than in Noah's day...the Bible no longer being accepted as God's Word...a day "when everything that can be shaken is being shaken"...when power is unleashed that was one million times more powerful than the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima...when thinking men everywhere have an intuition that "somebody is tinkering with nature, something is happening that cannot be explained away"...when society moves on without a single "God pause," without even a thought that God will not be mocked. that is when i say we have come near or crossed over a line into a spiratual stupor that no amount of divine mercy can awaken.

God is merciful, gracious and ready to forgive. Christ died to save this lost world; he did not come to destroy, maim or pour out wrath. Out of the terror and pain of the passion of Christ, redemption came. May Christ demonstrate his love and compassion through his disciples, in this hour of mass destruction.
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 11:38
    I'm sorry for you genius, it must be a hard thing to deal with, to think that your god is going unheard after such an awesome display of power. Unfortunately for you though, you are quite right in what you believe about the world being shock proof. Gone are the days where peole will believ natural disasters to be the work of god, people are disaffected, apathetic and easy to please. I'd guess that the vast majority of the western world is no more convinced of god's input in the tsunami than I am. We've seen too many movies to accept anything short of personal manifestation as proof. People are more cynical and skeptical by the day and I do have to wonder that if god exists, what in heaven made him think that this would get our attention?
  3. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 11:39
    Funny how in the OT God was the cause of all these natural disasters. Now of course he isn't. Instead he provides solace and compassion to the wounded and the bereft.

Thank you God! (For dj2Becker et al, this is sarcasm).

How can these people who write this gumph be so two-faced?
  4. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 11:50
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I'm sorry for you genius, it must be a hard thing to deal with, to think that your god is going unheard after such an awesome display of power. Unfortunately for you though, you are quite right in what you believe about the world being shock proof. Gone are the days where peole will believ natural disasters to be the work of god, people are disaffected, ...[text shortened]... e to wonder that if god exists, what in heaven made him think that this would get our attention?
    woah-don't be sorry for me! one day i'll be in heaven!

if you wanna be sorry for me, be sorry because when i look at my friends, i know they won't be. so i try to tell them. i do try. but they don't listen.

why don't they listen? can they not see? can you not see?

why do you read the spirituality forums?
  5. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 11:51
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Funny how in the OT God was the cause of all these natural disasters. Now of course he isn't. Instead he provides solace and compassion to the wounded and the bereft.

Thank you God! (For dj2Becker et al, this is sarcasm).

How can these people who write this gumph be so two-faced?
    and God is slow to anger, but that doens't mean he doesn't anger...
  6. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 11:551 edit
    Originally posted by genius
    woah-don't be sorry for me! one day i'll be in heaven!

if you wanna be sorry for me, be sorry because when i look at my friends, i know they won't be. so i try to tell them. i do try. but they don't listen.

why don't they listen? ...[text shortened]... see? can you not see?

why do you read the spirituality forums?
    No, I cannot see. I have yet to see anything at all that has even hinted at god's existence.

I read the spirituality forum to learn more about others' views and to discuss the differences between those views and my own. I am not searching for reasons or looking for an understanding of myself.

7. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 11:57
    So you are now claiming that a god caused the Tsunami, are you? Have you got a hotline to your god?

We have another Prophet on RHP. Praise the Lord!
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 12:04
    Isn't anger a sin?

D
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 12:20
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Isn't anger a sin?

D
    Now, now Rag, god's allowed to sin as he is omnipotent, you know that. Silly.
  10. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 14:03
    No, I cannot see. I have yet to see anything at all that has even hinted at god's existence.

is the fact that we are here without any other feasible explanation not even a slight hint?

Originally posted by Maustrauser
    So you are now claiming that a god caused the Tsunami, are you? Have you got a hotline to your god?

We have another Prophet on RHP. Praise the Lord!

i'm far from being a prophet, and it was David Wilkerson who said it, not i. i meerly beleive it. now David Wilkerson, is he a prophet? well-i'd have to say probubly, but in all fairness i don't really know...

and no, from my understanding anger is not a sin
  11. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 14:071 edit
    is the fact that we are here without any other feasible explanation not even a slight hint?
    There are plenty of other explanations, several of which are feasable, and some of which are even pretty convincing.

What sort feasability do you think your explanation actually has?
  12. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 14:09
    There are plenty of other explanations, several of which are feasable, and some of which are even pretty convincing.

What sort feasability do you think your explanation actually has?
    well-cause and effect. what caused the universe? anti-gravity? what caused that? or God, which nothing created...
  13. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 14:14
    well-cause and effect. what caused the universe? anti-gravity? what caused that? or God, which nothing created...
    I don't know, but the absence of knowledge cannot be used as proof for the presence of somehting else, this makes no sense at all. You can't say something surely exists because something else does not. Until any evidence on god is provided, I shall remain solid in my denial of his existence, it is the only reasonable position.
  14. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 16:23
    aaaah-but you were talking about hints earlier...😉
  15. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 16:53
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Isn't anger a sin?

D
    Not righteous anger. Read the Bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree