1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 09:342 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    So how come JC did not anywhere come out and say, "hey, you know that slavery thing, it's bad very bad, stop doing it."

There are passages that people have done tortured gymnastics to contort into maybe sort of suggesting that owning
    people isn't particularly good. But compared to the number of things that are out right condemned in very clear langu n the OT.

Which is a real bummer for anyone trying to make JC out as a nice guy.
    JC said do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Wouldn't that cover anything you don't like, including slavery, numbnuts? JC is never going to be a nice guy to the likes of you, because He will cast you into outer darkness. 😏
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

P.S. How is my communicating skills now? Getting any better?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 10:09
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    JC said do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Wouldn't that cover anything you don't like, including slavery, numbnuts? JC is never going to be a nice guy to the likes of you, because He will cast you into outer darkness. 😏

No, you are still an arrogant assshole.
  3. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 11:44
    JC said do unto others as you would have others do unto you.....
    Ahh.

So you want us to treat you with contempt, ignore and/or dismiss any evidence you put forward when it doesn't support our views, and avoid answering your questions if we have no adequate response?

It all makes sense now.

(And its "How are my communication skills?". So I think you answered your own question there.)
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 13:18
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Ahh.

So you want us to treat you with contempt, ignore and/or dismiss any evidence you put forward when it doesn't support our views, and avoid answering your questions if we have no adequate response?

It all makes sense now.

(And its "How are my communication skills?". So I think you answered your own question there.)
    Nice, I like it. Thumbs up for that ;-)
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 13:18

So JC is a hypocrite then for treating me like he wouldn't like me to treat him...
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 13:40
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Ahh.

It all makes sense now.

I am glad someone on this site is making some sense out of it. That must mean my communication skills are really getting better. Thanks. 😏
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 13:44
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    So JC is a hypocrite then for treating me like he wouldn't like me to treat him...
    JC didn't make you a slave. Remember He said the truth will set you free.
    (John 8:32)

8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '12 19:17

JC is a fictional character.

I really don't give a damn what he 'said'.
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    30 Jun '12 23:31

truth is the average of all the lies.
  10. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    01 Jul '12 00:34
    Originally posted by colinwbs
    Unfortunately there are those who do exactly what you say.

And make a lot of money out of it.

They do not represent God, but their own greed.

There are genuine Christians and there are parasites who masquerade as great preachers / healers, fleeceing their followers and doing Christianity a great deal of harm in the process.

Derren Brown did an excellent expose of the fraudsters.
    Funny that you refer to Derren Brown, because as well as doing an excellent job at exposing fraudsters, he himself is also an atheist who doesn't even agree that there are "genuine Christians".
  11. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    01 Jul '12 00:51
    Originally posted by colinwbs
    On your first point, you have to decide whether you believe the wide varitety of people who come up with these accounts. Try Googling blind and out of body experience and you will find several accounts.

If they are true accounts, then they demonstrate a separation of the body and spirit and as such present a significant challenge to claims that our spir ...[text shortened]... urately describing their surroundings and also people seeing what went on in another room cannot
    If someone was born and could see, and became blind later in life, they could just be describing something that they remember.

As for people who were born blind. What they "see" they don't even have a frame of reference because they have never seen anything, so the person receiving the explanation could be making his/her own interpretations from what is described.

You really need a double blind test in very strict conditions.

Let's say, for example, you have an iPad which has an app on it which shows a picture. This changes every few seconds. This is played on a shelf high up where no one can see. The picture changes randomly so no one knows which one is showing at any one time during the event, but the times at which picture is showing is logged. The person who has temporarily "died" correctly identifies what picture is showing at the time of death after the event.

I think that will be a good test. First time might be lucky, but if this is successfully achieved over and over again, then it will be quite convincing.

Just relying on people's accounts which might be passed on 2nd or 3rd hand is hardly scientific. As for the person who has described an event in another room. How do you know that the person who has "died" hasn't been prompted that information during the conversation with the person who was in the other room after the event?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree