1. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '08 17:48
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    I'm afraid you may have taken 2 Peter 3:9 and Hebrews 9:14 out of context. 2 Peter 3:9 is not speaking about born-again believers, but of those enemies of God who have yet to repent and place their faith in Jesus Christ. Hebrews 9:14, likewise, is not talking about repentance per se, but the superior sacrifice of Christ's blood and the power whi ...[text shortened]... led, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel" (Mark 1:15).
    hi, i will need to give these thoughts some consideration, however i foresee a small hurdle in that i cannot find any reference for the statement that once a person is 'born again', that they remain sinless, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of god! with the exception of the one sinless man to have walked the earth, the Christ, son of the living God!
  2. weedhopper
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 04:40
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    lol, such gentlemanly conduct ! in days gone by i would have skelped you on the head with my glove and asked you to meet at dawn, pistols at the ready, for such a dishonour. but as we are gentlemen, i submit to your greater judgment and salute such gentlemanly conduct.
    I asked my pastor about your quoted scripture this morning. He said that you have taken that verse out of context. Being saved by grace alone is refereng to salvation; your passage is not discussing salvation at all.
    But, of course, i think you already knew that...🙂
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 18:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    pants, absolute and utter!

While he was yet speaking to the crowds, look! his mother and brothers took up a position outside seeking to speak to him. So someone said to him: “Look! Your mother and your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak to you.” As an answer he said to the one telling him: “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” ...[text shortened]... DOES the will of my Father who is in heaven
    , the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.[/b]
    Jesus was talking to those who were already saved (his brothers, etc.); completely different from his instructions to those yet to be saved.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree