1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 01:392 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Still claiming I misrepresented you sonship? Apology coming from the forum teacher is there?
    Interesting that above this post I already indicated voluntarily again exactly what I wrote.

About Page Seven - thread title - The "Space Alien" Thing. This was probably the last time I went over this matter and took questions.

https://www.chessatwork.com/forum/spirituality/the-space-alien-thing.173938
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 01:542 edits
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Interesting that above this post I already indicated voluntarily again exactly what I wrote.
    Why is it interesting ?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 02:042 edits
    Why is it interesting ?
    If I didn't want people to compare my words to your quotation, I wouldn't have (before you) provided the link where they could go see the paragraph of the dispute.

Before you said. ie, "compare" I already indicated where anyone could "go and compare."
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 02:06
    If I didn't want people to compare my words to your quotation, I wouldn't have (before you) provided the link where they could go see the paragraph of the dispute.

Before you said. ie, "go compare" I already indicated where anyone could "go and compare."
    Oh I see, well I’m sure your copy paste is exactly the same as mine and will corroborate that I quoted you verbatim.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 02:38
    Verbatim quote of sonship:
    [b]"But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will be hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds."
    [/b]
    One has to wonder how many times you'll come back to this well.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 02:49
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Every time sonship accuses me of misrepresenting him.

Do you think I misrepresented him suzianne?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 03:14
    From the thread The Space Alien Thing

This paragraph I wrote a long time ago. It gave Divegeester the boldness to portray repeatedly that I push the Star Trek- nization of the Bible because I wrote "other worlds" here.
    The saved will glorify God with their endless happiness. But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will be hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds. That punishment is designed to deter others from like guilt is evidenced so often in the Bible.

Anyone reading through that thread please tell me where Divegeeter answered these questions about my "strange" beliefs ?

Which is strange?

1.) The possibility that "other worlds" might exist when God creates a new heaven and a new earth ?

Is that a strange belief, that possibly such might occur in eternity future ?

2.) That the punished would be confined in some way, which confinement might be discribed in terms of "chains of punishment" ?

Is that idea strange ?

3.) The at that time ancient past failed revolt against God may serve as a testimony to the folly of rebellion against God.

is THAT idea strange ?

Reply with a number ... 1 or 2 or 3 or all, or some combination.

And this time a second question to you.
    Even if one or more concepts seem "strange" to you, does "strangeness" have to mean invalidity ? [quote]

Below this Divegeester protests.

[quote] No one has ever, not once mentioned Science fiction, it is you trying bring the counter argument against you into mockery. The argument against you is I believe quite serious. It's about error, gross error, it's about plagiarism and it's about your vainity in not being able to apologise for calling me a liar for initially claiming you came out with all this nonsense.

So, what kind of beings are "those on other worlds" who are witnessing the eternal torture of billions as a warning to them?

Of course I had given him an opportunity to show what was strange.

Which is strange?

1.) The possibility that "other worlds" might exist when God creates a new heaven and a new earth ?

Is that a strange belief, that possibly such might occur in eternity future ?

Given the opportunity I don't see where he ever showed that something I didn't insist on was all that strange even if the possibility was implied.

It was business as usual ... "sonship's strange beliefs".
    But he couldn't pinpoint exactly where the "strangeness" was when biblical support is certainly there.

But you see, the accusation is just too good - sonship's really strange, bizarre, wacko beliefs.

But how come he couldn't prove - no biblical support existed for such beliefs ? It boils down to Divegeester finding what repulses him as "strange".

Dive gets the original post of mine:

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/linkedforum/linkedthread.161363
    Page 1

11th post

Your 5th paragraph, 22nd Oct 2014

Verbatim quote of sonship:
    "But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will be hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds."

The issue to me is not whether he verbatim ever used the same words. Rather it is after 10/22/2014 how many times did Dive fail to identify "strangeness" as related to the words of the Bible and yet desire to assert again and again, brute force style, that I taught something "strange".

After my post Dive wrote this:
    "The saved will glorify God with their endless happiness. But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will be hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds."

I take back what I said earlier; you are a total of the rails fruitcake.

How come then he couldn't demonstrate what was totally off the rails about my three questions put to him latter?

Dive writes to Grumpy Bobby:
    I think sonship's recent personal insights are a revelation into the reality of his bizarre perspective of personal forgiveness and the purpose of eternal suffering.

Clearly he believes that there are observers on "other worlds" who will also be witnessing this eternal burning of billions of people. Who these being are, where they are and how they will observe this holocaust level warning will no doubt be revealed by him at some point.

Did he ever prove that the thought of "other worlds" when God creates a new heaven and a new earth is completely out of the question totally "strange" ? Not that I know of.
    I am pretty sure that after 10/22/2014 I explained to him that I was not insisting that I knew there were beings on other planets now or in the future.

Regardless, the three questions were his opportunity to show some outlandish unbiblical concept I was teaching. Looks to me like he ignored the invitation.

Did he continue after 10/22/2014 to push a reminder to everyone of sonship's "strange" teachings? Yes.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 03:521 edit
    From the thread [b]The Space Alien Thing

[quote] This paragraph I wrote a long time ago. It gave Divegeester the boldness to portray repeatedly that I push the Star Trek- nization of the Bible because I wrote "other worlds" here.
    The saved will glorify God with their endless happiness. But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will ...[text shortened]... continue after 10/22/2014 to push a reminder to everyone of sonship's "strange" teachings? Yes.[/b]
    You can protest all you want, but I remember all the other lashing out you were doing at that time, e.g. the hundreds of forum members who might get burned by your god figure because of me, etc.. It's all more evidence that the character you play here is a Kurtz type figure.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 09:421 edit

[quote] This paragraph I wrote a long time ago. It gave Divegeester the boldness to portray repeatedly that I push the Star Trek- nization of the Bible because I wrote "other worlds" here.
    The saved will glorify God with their endless happiness. But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will ...[text shortened]... continue after 10/22/2014 to push a reminder to everyone of sonship's "strange" teachings? Yes.[/b]
    Are you claiming I didn’t answer questions or that I misrepresented you? Your beliefs are strange sonship:

- You believe that Jesus will be glorified by the lost in their endless woe. This is disgusting and strange.

- You believe that their are beings on other planets, out in space who can observe the grotesque burning alive of billions of people as a warning to them. This is bizarre, weird, fantasy-land gobbledygook.

You said these things and I quoted you verbatim.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 09:43

You choosing to defend this crackpot stuff is food for the forum God’s. It really is.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 09:46
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    One has to wonder how you can repeatedly fail to grasp what’s going on in threads where you choose to blunder in and fire off tangential comments like this.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 14:563 edits
    Are you claiming I didn’t answer questions or that I misrepresented you? Your beliefs are strange sonship:

Yes I am claiming that. If you did answer the three questions - where ?

And the associated question afterwards - Does a strange belief necessarily mean something is untrue.

I think it is strange that Jesus, after His resurrection entered into a closed room without using the door.
    A strange belief for a strange phenomenon. But it happened.

It seems you still want to paint me as dogmatically insisting on life on other planets. Several times I have said this I could take or leave.

Where did you indicate the complete lunacy of God possibly creating other beings when He creates all things new in the eternal age ?

Not only have I said in years past that though I wrote about "other worlds" I didn't definitely KNOW about such things. I went further. I indicated that MAN is the crown of God's creation because God became a MAN.

This should have erased all suspicion of me believing any superior alien type beings would be created more important to God than human beings.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 14:582 edits
    Is this strange Divegeester?
    "For as the new heavens and new earth, which i make, remain before Me, declares Jehovah, So will your seed and your name remain.

And from new moon to new moon and from Sabbath to Sabbath all flesh will come to bow down before Me, says Jehovah,

Then they will go forth and look on the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against Me; For their worm will not die, Now will their fire be quenched;

And they will be an abhorrence to all flesh." (Isaiah 66:22-24)

Too strange to possibly be true Divegeester ??

What about being raised and judged to suffer "eternal contempt"

"And many of those who are sleeping in the dust of the ground will awake, some to life eternal and some to reproach, to eternal contempt." (Dan. 12:2)

What is the accumulated effect of Isaiah 66:22-24 and Daniel 12:2 . You may find it "gobbledegook". I take it as the oracles of God to be believed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree