1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 16:544 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Show me a post of mine that asked you about "Sea Food Restaurants" or some such. You can't. You made it up. And the question you are dodging remains dodged.
    I don't need to prove by copy that you specifically asked that in the past.

I didn't say you asked that in the past. I asked you with suspicion, were you leading up to that.

That you ask leading and trap laden skeptical questions ??
    Years of evidence to anyone who wants to see past discussions between you and Christians here.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 17:02
    Is that what Leviticus 11, for example, is all about then? Things, if disobeyed, indicating "a man simply not being for God"?
    What do you think ?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 17:08
    Originally posted by @sonship
    What do you think ?
    The question is for you.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 17:10
    I didn't say you asked that in the past.
    I have never asked you anything even remotely like it in the past. You are are fabricating something here. It is a deflection. You are being dishonest. What is the matter?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 17:14
    I don't need to prove by copy that you specifically asked that in the past.
    OK then, just copy paste the post of mine that was the nearest, in your honest appraisal, to the "Sea Food Restaurants" thing you are trying to project onto me. I don't think I have ever, in ten years, asked you a question like that. Not once. Tens of thousands of posts. Never. But you are seeking to suggest I have. Show me the kind of post you mean,
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 17:23
    But there is an evil which is the beginning of all these evils. That is the evil of a man simply not being for God. Being for something else besides God is the underlying cause of all other sins.
    Is this what Leviticus 11, for example, is all about? Things, if disobeyed, indicating "a man simply not being for God"? [bump]
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 17:511 edit
    Is this what Leviticus 11, for example, is all about? Things, if disobeyed, indicating "a man simply not being for God"? [bump]
    I will take some time to get into Leviticus 11.
    As I recall it has much to do with the holy diet.

New Testament Christians read these things for essentially new covenant relevant wisdom, AS the New Testament writers did.

I asked you what you thought about your question.
    Have you read the whole of chapter 11?

I glanced at it. And I have not studied it in a long time.

Only this will I comment on at this time.
    I recall when we went through Leviticus I was left with an eventual impression that we all are left as hopelessly unclean, hopelessly defiled, and deeply in need of God's salvation.

I recall that the whole book left me with this kind of thought. We all are defiled - # 1. And Christ is the all-inclusive answer to all of our deep corruption.

The DEMAND is beyond what men can fulfill.
    The SUPPLY to meet the impossible DEMAND is found in Christ, the Son of God typified in so many of the allegorical details of the priesthood and the offerings.

That is all I will say about this now.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 17:51
    I answered your question. Are you looking for an answer or winning a point?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 22:461 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    It is to make clear that homosexuality in itself is sin. Some claim that homosexual marriage is acceptable before the Lord. I'd say every liberal including yourself believes it to be true. Such beliefs are in total opposition to what the Bible states so I am just making it a point to make it obvious.
    Well gluttony is a sin but you don’t seem to be too bothered about being clinically obese.

But on another note, the OT says that striking your parents carries the death penalty.

Why not focus on fast people and agreessive kids?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 23:11
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Well gluttony is a sin but you don’t seem to be too bothered about being clinically obese.

But on another note, the OT says that striking your parents carries the death penalty.

Why not focus on fast people and agreessive kids?
    The Bible describes homosexuality as a man sleeping with a man as if with a woman.

Where is such a description for gluttony so we can discuss it.

Was it as in Roman days when people would throw up so they can keep eating?
    Is it so that you are too slow? What is the 40 time one needs to beat?

I have asked you this kind of stuff before but you fail to answer.

You get your butt handed to you on one topic then need to try to find another to change the topic. You really are pathetic.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 02:10
    I will take some time to get into [b]Leviticus 11.
    As I recall it has much to do with the holy diet.

New Testament Christians read these things for essentially new covenant relevant wisdom, AS the New Testament writers did.

I asked you what you thought about your question.
    Have you read the whole of chapter 11?

I glanced at it. And I have n ...[text shortened]... legorical details of the priesthood and the offerings.

That is all I will say about this now.[/b]
    Thanks. You did answer in the end. There was no need for the "sea food restaurants" silliness.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 02:43
    I answered your question.?
    My question was to sonship and was in connection with something he said. If I want to ask you a question I will be sure to use the Reply & Quote function so that you know I am addressing you.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 03:05
    My question was to sonship and was in connection with something he said. If I want to ask you a question I will be sure to use the Reply & Quote function so that you know I am addressing you.
    You were asking a question about the Bible. I answered it.

You butt into conversations all the time. Everyone does. It is the nature of a public board. Private conversations can be accomplished by pm.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 03:37
    You were asking a question about the Bible. I answered it.

You butt into conversations all the time. Everyone does. It is the nature of a public board. Private conversations can be accomplished by pm.
    My question was to sonship and was about his belief. My question was not about your belief and was not addressed to you.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 05:36
    My question was to sonship and was about his belief. My question was not about your belief and was not addressed to you.
    I suppose the next time you butt into a conversation I will blow you off with the same type of reply.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree