1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '18 08:43
    Originally posted by @eladar
    For me it is pg 10. It has to do with Israel and Jesus fulfilling the plan.
    I see, but that doesn’t explain why you are SO interested in highlighting the tendencies of the OT punitive version of your god, nor why that god did a U-turn in executing homosexuals just because of Jesus appearing.

“I am the Lord, and I change not” I believe is written somewhere...
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '18 11:39
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I see, but that doesn’t explain why you are SO interested in highlighting the tendencies of the OT punitive version of your god, nor why that god did a U-turn in executing homosexuals just because of Jesus appearing.

“I am the Lord, and I change not” I believe is written somewhere...
    It is to make clear that homosexuality in itself is sin. Some claim that homosexual marriage is acceptable before the Lord. I'd say every liberal including yourself believes it to be true. Such beliefs are in total opposition to what the Bible states so I am just making it a point to make it obvious.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '18 11:541 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I have the entire universe to live for. At least the universe is real.
    But you're clueless as to why you here in that universe, clueless to what the universe really is for, and soon to be dead and lose it all.

I'd rather be with the meek who will "inherit the earth" and all creation for eternity following the Son of God.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '18 12:02
    Originally posted by @sonship
    But you're clueless as to why you here in that universe, clueless to what the universe really is for, and soon to be dead and lose it all.

I'd rather be with the meek who will [b]"inherit the earth"
    and all creation for eternity following the Son of God.[/b]
    Thanks or sharing your opinion.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 08:112 edits
    Of the first five offerings in Leviticus the burnt offering is the MOST fundamental. It is an offering taking care of a specific problem of man. That is that man is NOT for God. Man created by God FOR God and His eternal purpose ended up being NOT for God.

Is fornication bad? Yes.
    Is murder bad? Yes.
    Are adultery, idolatry, stealing, bearing false witness, coveting, etc. evil?. Yes they are.

But there is an evil which is the beginning of all these evils. That is the evil of a man simply not being for God. Being for something else besides God is the underlying cause of all other sins.

The consecration offering (burnt offering) is therefore the first offering. Christ is the one on man's behalf who is absolutely FOR God when none of us are.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 08:19
    But there is an evil which is the beginning of all these evils. That is the evil of a man simply not being for God. Being for something else besides God is the underlying cause of all other sins.
    Is that what Leviticus 11, for example, is all about then? Things, if disobeyed, indicating "a man simply not being for God"?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 08:192 edits
    I said above that the burnt offering, the consecration offering was the most basic offering for man to approach God.

Had we written Leviticus we probably would have had "the sin offering" or "the trespass offering" be the first one. God knows that the FIRST problem out from which all the other offenses come is that we have become NOT for God. We are invariably for something other than God.

So Christ is the one Who on man's behalf was completely consecrated for God.

On other threads criticism is being made that some sins are so bad how could God forgive them. We must realize that the most serious of problems is that the root cause of the fall of man is that he became not for God.

Therefore being IN the One Who is absolutely for the Father is eternal salvation. He is our burnt offering Who is absolutely consecrated to God.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 08:30
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Is that what Leviticus 11, for example, is all about then? Things, if disobeyed, indicating "a man simply not being for God"?
    Is this leading up to criticizing Christians for going to a Sea Food Restaurant ?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 08:392 edits
    Go back to Genesis 3. Adam's first offense was not that he was drunk or stole or cursed or gambled or fornicated. Adam's first offense was that he decided to not be for God.

It was out from this problem that eventually all the other sins of men stemmed. Adam created for God was enticed to move away from God. In that he was joined to the arch enemy of God who took the lead to be not for God - Satan the Devil.

The very first offering of the five in Leviticus portrays Christ as being man's answer to this fundamental root of all other problems. Christ is absolutely unto God His Father.

A rapist or thief may come to Jesus confessing that he is a rapist or a thief. He may also have a deeper realization and pray like this:

"Lord Jesus, I realize now, that I simply am not for God. I rape, I steal dear God, because I am just not for You. Heal me Lord Jesus, for not being God's and not being for God. Thankyou Lord Jesus."

Christ becomes his consecration offering.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 09:451 edit
    Is this leading up to criticizing Christians for going to a Sea Food Restaurant ?
    Dodge noted. "Criticizing Christians for going to a Sea Food Restaurant"? In ten years here I've never said anything even remotely as facetious as this to you. Not even once. Are you trying to give the impression it's the kind of thing I say to you in discussions?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 12:331 edit
    Dodge noted. "Criticizing Christians for going to a Sea Food Restaurant"? In ten years here I've never said anything even remotely as facetious as this to you. Not even once. Are you trying to give the impression it's the kind of thing I say to you in discussions?
    Are you trying to give the impression it's the kind of thing I say to you in discussions?
    ------------------------------------------------

Internet skeptics like you ... Yes,
    I suspect you of setting up a trap.

is there some reason why I should instead regard you as a former of genuinely objective questions with no particular agenda to prove the Gospel as bunk that you left a long ago ?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 12:371 edit
    [b] Are you trying to give the impression it's the kind of thing I say to you in discussions?
    ------------------------------------------------

Internet skeptics like you ... Yes,
    I suspect you of setting up a trap.

is there some reason why I should instead regard you as a former of genuinely objective questions with no particular agenda to prove the Christian faith us bunk that you left long ago ?[/b]
    You have become a deceitful poster these last couple of years, sonship. "Criticizing Christians for going to a Sea Food Restaurant"? You cannot find a single post out of the 30,000 or so of mine on this forum that is facetious in this kind of way. You need to restore some of your posting integrity.

Once again: Is Leviticus 11 an example of what you are talking about in so far as it deals with observances that, if disobeyed, indicate "a man simply not being for God"?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 13:26
    You need to restore some of your posting integrity.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    chuckle

I'll tell you FMF, your crocodile tears are just too touching.

It goes like this:

The Christian talks about the sin of homosexual sex.
    You ask him about other things in Leviticus for exmple - sowing a garment with two kinds of thread or eating certain sea food, like in chapter 11. Get him to say that those passages are as important as the sexual sins in chapter 18.

You got em! Ask the Christian then why he has polyester clothing in his wardrobe. Ask him if he eats shrimp or lobster. Use Leviticus to trap him into inconsistency.

Sorry, but I do suspect that line of questioning coming on.
    If that is not where you wanted to lead me then my apologies to you for second guessing you too specifically.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 16:48
    You have become a deceitful poster these last couple of years, sonship. "Criticizing Christians for going to a Sea Food Restaurant"? You cannot find a single post out of the 30,000 or so of mine on this forum that is facetious in this kind of way. You need to restore some of your posting integrity.

Once again: Is Leviticus 11 an example of what you are talki ...[text shortened]... far as it deals with observances that, if disobeyed, indicate "a man simply not being for God"?
    Matthew 15

Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. 11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 16:49
    [b] You need to restore some of your posting integrity.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    chuckle

I'll tell you FMF, your crocodile tears are just too touching.

It goes like this:

[quote] The Christian talks about the sin of homosexual sex.
    You ask him about other things in Leviticus for exmple ...[text shortened]... t where you wanted to lead me then my apologies to you for second guessing you too specifically.[/b]
    Show me a post of mine that asked you about "Sea Food Restaurants" or some such. You can't. You made it up. And the question you are dodging remains dodged.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree