1. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 22:28
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Should read the text before you say things like that, because that isn't true.
    Kelly
    What did the bible say about the tree of knowlage then?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 04:33
    Originally posted by OdBod
    What did the bible say about the tree of knowlage then?
    Again, if you don't know what it is your talking about read it, quote the part you
    are confused about if you want someone to address your concerns. If you spout
    off about an error that isn't there....no one is going to worry about your concerns.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 06:25
    Should read the text before you say things like that, because that isn't true.
    Kelly
    Of course its not true.
    ITS A STORY
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 06:38
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Of course its not true.
    ITS A STORY
    People tell stories all the time, that does not mean what they are saying isn't
    true.
    Kelly
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 06:401 edit
    Of course its not true.
    ITS A STORY
    Evilution is a STORY. Of course it is not true. Intelligent design is proven by science with facts, so it is true. 😏

http://www.algemeiner.com/2011/08/17/scientists-prove-again-that-life-is-the-result-of-intelligent-design/
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 10:11
    People tell stories all the time, that does not mean what they are saying isn't
    true.
    Kelly
    Noun
    An account of imaginary or real people and
    events told for entertainment: "an adventure story".

Mostly imaginary I feel. Like Goldilocks and the 3 bears.
  7. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 11:07
    Again, if you don't know what it is your talking about read it, quote the part you
    are confused about if you want someone to address your concerns. If you spout
    off about an error that isn't there....no one is going to worry about your concerns.
    Kelly
    I have read it,and discussed it with our local priest! I was interested to see how you would redefine the text in order to protect your somewhat tenuous position! Man was created innocent ,how can he be creative without knowlage?Go back and read the posts with RJ and you might see the point we were getting at, that in what possible respect did your god make man in his own image?????????
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 11:51
    I have read it,and discussed it with our local priest! I was interested to see how you would redefine the text in order to protect your somewhat tenuous position! Man was created innocent ,how can he be creative without knowlage?Go back and read the posts with RJ and you might see the point we were getting at, that in what possible respect did your god make man in his own image?????????
    With respect,
    "Hang on,when man was first created he had no knowlage ,he needed that apple didn't he? Couldn't have been very creative when god made him then!"

This was what I was refering to, your conversations between your priest and
    RJ are between you and them. I'll field any question you want to bring to me, but
    if you are going to say there is an issue with how scripture is written please
    quote it here with the version you are reading it out of.
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 14:01
    With respect,
    "Hang on,when man was first created he had no knowlage ,he needed that apple didn't he? Couldn't have been very creative when god made him then!"

This was what I was refering to, your conversations between your priest and
    RJ are between you and them. I'll field any question you want to bring to me, but
    if you are going to say there is an ...[text shortened]... ripture is written please
    quote it here with the version you are reading it out of.
    Kelly
    The question was directed to RJ not you.Which is why you did not not understand the context in which it was framed.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 18:342 edits
    The question was directed to RJ not you.Which is why you did not not understand the context in which it was framed.
    I can see that, but at the same time...you worded it poorly because that was
    not how it occurred. I've read the full context your questions, they appear to be
    from one in my opinion that either has not read the text, or completely didn't
    bother to read with the intent of seeing the context of each event, which is what
    your saying kind of saying I have an issue with when it came to your question.
    Kelly
  11. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 18:46
    I can see that, but at the same time...you worded it poorly because that was
    not how it occurred. I've read the full context your questions, they appear to be
    from one in my opinion that either has not read the text, or completely didn't
    bother to read with the intent of seeing the context of each event, which is what
    your saying kind of saying I have an issue with when it came to your question.
    Kelly
    You have to remember that RJ is a creationist and therefore takes the bible literally . Discussions with this gentleman are a little different with him as there is far less room for biblical interpretation .
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 20:261 edit
    Hang on,when man was first created he had no knowlage ,he needed that apple didn't he? Couldn't have been very creative when god made him then!
    You do not seem to understand that God told Adam not to eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Adam still had creative knowledge as well as knowledge of a language to talk to God and to name those animals that God brought before Adam to see what Adam would call them. Also, Adam still had life without eating the fruit of the tree of life, but not eternal life.

Disobeying God, by eating of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, opened their eyes to the knowledge of evil, selfish desires that were contrary to what is good. Sin was revealed to them for the first time and now they knew the difference between good and evil.

INNOCENT

1. a: free from guilt or sin especially through lack of knowledge of evil : blameless <an innocent child>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/innocent
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 21:15
    You have to remember that RJ is a creationist and therefore takes the bible literally . Discussions with this gentleman are a little different with him as there is far less room for biblical interpretation .
    I'm a young earth creationist, I also take the Bible very literally which was why
    when you misspoke about the story I called you on it. I believe this is a matter
    of faith not science, I believe science is completely blind to how everything got
    here.
    Kelly
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 22:531 edit
    Noun
    An account of imaginary or real people and
    events told for entertainment: "an adventure story".

Mostly imaginary I feel. Like Goldilocks and the 3 bears.
    I can tell you a story about the birth of my kids, that would be a true story...
    me relating to you an account of what happen. If you wish to not believe do
    so, but stop attempting to say it isn't true for reasons that have nothing to do
    with the truth.
    Kelly
  15. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 13:39
    I'm a young earth creationist, I also take the Bible very literally which was why
    when you misspoke about the story I called you on it. I believe this is a matter
    of faith not science, I believe science is completely blind to how everything got
    here.
    Kelly
    You dismiss science when convenient and when it contradicts your faith based beliefs.Yet when you need medicine ,energy,house,car,Internet ,food etc science becomes important. A person can live without your bible (billions do ) you cannot live without the benefits of science ! With reference to the creative process I would suggest it is far more productive within the entirety of human experience as opposed to just "innocent" imaginings .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree