1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    26 Mar '13 04:26
    It's over - I've seen the light, cast out the demons and succumbed to the
    idea of a Designer. Afterall its obvious isn't it? Durrr. The Universe MUST
    have come from something!

    I call that something the Unintelligent Designer.

    Just look at the human body - perfectly designed for ... what exactly? It is
    PROOF of an Unintelligent Designer.

    An Intelligent Designer would have given us eyes that see into the UV so as
    to appreciate the designs on those seemingly "white" flowers. (Not to mention
    that ridiculous blind spot1)

    An Intelligent Designer would have given us two thumbs on each hand. (Think
    of the great games controllers!)

    An Intelligent Designer would have given us separate food-pipes and air-pipes.
    (And put Heimlich out of business)

    An Intelligent Designer would have given men separate tubes for sex and peeing. (I mean its so gross!)

    An Intelligent Designer would have given us two livers so that we can waste one
    on alcohol in our youth.

    The list goes on - SOLID PROOF OF AN UNINTELLIGENT DESIGNER

    Hallelujah. Hallelujah. 😏
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    731
    26 Mar '13 04:33
    I just did a search for broken vitamin C gene and found this webpage, which briefly discusses that and other evidence for shared ancestry.

    http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120730175414AAMSkU4
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    26 Mar '13 06:14
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    It's over - I've seen the light, cast out the demons and succumbed to the
    idea of a Designer. Afterall its obvious isn't it? Durrr. The Universe MUST
    have come from something!

    I call that something the Unintelligent Designer.

    Just look at the human body - perfectly designed for ... what exactly? It is
    PROOF of an Unintelligent Designer.

    An In ...[text shortened]...
    The list goes on - SOLID PROOF OF AN UNINTELLIGENT DESIGNER

    Hallelujah. Hallelujah. 😏
    It would not be very intelligent to design everything perfect the first time, because then how could we have the choice to sin and screw up everything in this world so He could make a more perfect world in the future?
  4. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Joined
    20 Aug '06
    Moves
    20099
    26 Mar '13 10:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It would not be very intelligent to design everything perfect the first time, because then how could we have the choice to sin and screw up everything in this world so He could make a more perfect world in the future?
    I thought we were perfect until Serpentgate? Are you saying that Adam and Eve had a nibble of a bit of fruit so the idiot designer had a hissy fit and decided to break his design?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    26 Mar '13 14:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It would not be very intelligent to design everything perfect the first time, because then how could we have the choice to sin and screw up everything in this world so He could make a more perfect world in the future?
    so even though your "proof" for intelligent design is how intelligently the human body is designed, you are saying he isn't that well designed after all.


    in the future, please get a 10 year old to approve your posts. it might save you from future embarassment
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    27 Mar '13 19:56
    goose-bumps
    dont forget goose-bumps
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    28 Mar '13 01:28
    Originally posted by Kepler
    I thought we were perfect until Serpentgate? Are you saying that Adam and Eve had a nibble of a bit of fruit so the idiot designer had a hissy fit and decided to break his design?
    All I am saying is that God made everything good in the beginning, but not perfect. It was the decision to disobey God that made things bad.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52614
    28 Mar '13 10:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    All I am saying is that God made everything good in the beginning, but not perfect. It was the decision to disobey God that made things bad.
    The funny part is you believe all that crap. Really funny!
  9. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    44172
    28 Mar '13 11:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    All I am saying is that God made everything good in the beginning, but not perfect. It was the decision to disobey God that made things bad.
    Doesn't the bible say god created man in his own image? So god isn't perfect then ?
  10. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    5232
    28 Mar '13 12:311 edit
    Kryten: [upon showing Lister a photo of his penis] Well?

    Lister: Well what?

    Kryten: Well, what do you think?

    Lister: I'm not quite with you here, Kryten, what am I supposed to say?

    Kryten: I want to know, is that normal?

    Lister: What, taking photographs of it and showing it to your mates? No, it's not!

    Kryten: Well, i-it's supposed to look like that?

    Lister:....well yeah.

    Kryten: But it's hideous! That's the best design they could come up with!? Are you seriously telling me there were choices and someone said "Ah. There. That's it. That's the shape we're looking for; the 'last-chicken-in-the-shop' look." Shakespeare had one. Einstein. Perry Como sang 'Memories Are Made of This' with one of those stashed in his slacks!?'

    Lister: Well yeah.

    Kryten: No wonder humans don't have a zoom mode.
  11. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    274
    28 Mar '13 12:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It would not be very intelligent to design everything perfect the first time, because then how could we have the choice to sin and screw up everything in this world so He could make a more perfect world in the future?
    Am I being obtuse?

    He made a none perfect universe so that we could do something that made it worse, which then enables him to make a better universe at some point in the future.

    So what was stopping him making that perfect world the first time? Was he incapable? What is it about the Garden of Eden story that gave him the ability to create this future perfect universe? And why has he allowed thousands of years of suffering since then before using his new-found abilities to fix his original bodge-job?

    Your 'reason' makes no sense whatsoever.

    --- Penguin.
  12. Standard memberSoothfast
    0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,
    Planet Rain
    Joined
    04 Mar '04
    Moves
    2436
    28 Mar '13 20:12
    Originally posted by Kepler
    I thought we were perfect until Serpentgate? Are you saying that Adam and Eve had a nibble of a bit of fruit so the idiot designer had a hissy fit and decided to break his design?
    GOD: Okay, buckos, here's your Garden. Have fun. Do what you want. Except, see that tree over there?

    Adam: Which one?

    GOD: That one. Right there in plain sight.

    Eve: The one with the curved yellow fruits that look like Adam when he's excited?

    GOD: No. And henceforth those are to be called "bananas" -- just so you know.

    Adam: That's a funny word. Did you just make that up?

    GOD: I make everything up. By definition. But we're getting sidetracked. See that tree right there?

    [A heavenly shaft of light shines on a single tree in the Garden.]

    Adam & Eve: Oh, that tree.

    Adam: What about it?

    GOD: Don't touch it.

    Eve: What's it there for, then?

    GOD: It amuses me. So leave it alone.

    Adam: And the red fruit hanging from its boughs?

    GOD: Obviously you don't eat them, since the act of eating them must necessarily be preceded by some act involving touching the tree. The fruit are called "apples" by the way.

    Eve: Apples are edible?

    GOD: Yes.

    Adam: They taste good?

    GOD: Oh, they're scrumptious. Just divine.

    Adam: Well, what's the bloody point of having delicious fruit hanging around in a garden if you can't eat them?

    GOD: Look, you've got your hobbies and I've got mine. Just remember: I'm all-seeing and all-knowing, so if you fiddle with the apples you're in for a world of hurt.

    Eve: If you're truly all-knowing, then you should already know if we'll ever disobey your command.

    GOD: Heh-heh. Yeah -- isn't that funny? But hey, don't worry, you still have free will and all that.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    28 Mar '13 21:571 edit
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Doesn't the bible say god created man in his own image? So god isn't perfect then ?
    An image of something does not have to be as perfect as what it is an image of. An image on a painting of a man is still an image of the man regardless of how perfect it is, because the image is not what it represents. The image on the Shroud of Turin is not a perfect image of Jesus either, because it is not Jesus but only an image on a linen cloth of Jesus that even has burnt holes and scorched marks on it.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    28 Mar '13 22:04
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Am I being obtuse?

    He made a none perfect universe so that we could do something that made it worse, which then enables him to make a better universe at some point in the future.

    So what was stopping him making that perfect world the first time? Was he incapable? What is it about the Garden of Eden story that gave him the ability to create this future ...[text shortened]... ies to fix his original bodge-job?

    Your 'reason' makes no sense whatsoever.

    --- Penguin.
    But it makes sense to God and that is what counts, numbnuts! 😏
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    28 Mar '13 22:05
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    GOD: Okay, buckos, here's your Garden. Have fun. Do what you want. Except, see that tree over there?

    Adam: Which one?

    GOD: That one. Right there in plain sight.

    Eve: The one with the curved yellow fruits that look like Adam when he's excited?

    GOD: No. And henceforth those are to be called "bananas" -- just so you know.

    Adam: That' ...[text shortened]... that funny? But hey, don't worry, you still have free will and all that.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
Back to Top