Using the Bible to insult people

Using the Bible to insult people

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
23 Feb 16

Originally posted by DeepThought
The Terms of Service include a provision that registered members shall not be under the age of 13. Further, pretending to be something one is not on a website is no particular problem. What are you trying to insinuate?
Let me help catch you up... sometimes the narrative can take some strange twists and turns when 'debating' the diabolical duo.

FMF brought up something robbie said to him about a week ago, and it was something robbie has already apologized for saying. Apparently FMF thinks it's appropriate to bring up past grievances that have nothing to do with the topic because...

F

Moves
23 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by lemon lime
FMF brought up something robbie said to him about a week ago, and it was something robbie has already apologized for saying. Apparently FMF thinks it's appropriate to bring up past grievances that have nothing to do with the topic because...

For some reason robbie feels able to repeat his insinuations about how children on this site are in some kind of danger from me when only a week ago he made a 'sincere' apology for using this kind of banter. See Thread 166701 page 271. His apology meant nothing, obviously.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
23 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
For some reason robbie feels able to repeat his insinuations about how children on this site are in some kind of danger from me when only a week ago he made a 'sincere' apology for using this kind of banter. See Thread 166701 page 271. His apology meant nothing, obviously.
It obviously meant nothing to you, seeing as how you are willing to bring it up a week later here, on this forum at this thread.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Feb 16

...the diabolical duo...
Calling another Christian demonic in nature because you disagree with them on the internet is not particularly edifying.

F

Moves
23 Feb 16
2 edits

It obviously meant nothing to you, seeing as how you are willing to bring it up a week later here, on this forum at this thread.
robbie's "I just want to make fun of people" style includes stuff like insinuating an 'opponent' is a pedophile.

Here on this thread he is in "I just want to make fun of people" mode again this time going on about divegeester being "an enemy of God"; not so long ago he was accusing him of having the same morality as a murderer.

robbie has apologized for this kind of "banter" but his apology was worthless.

If either you, lemon lime (or whoever you are in real life), or robbie carrobie, think that are valid real life suspicions about whether I can be trusted with the web site's children, then report your concerns and present your evidence to the owner (Russ) or his moderators immediately.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
23 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
robbie's "I just want to make fun of people" style includes stuff like insinuating an 'opponent' is a pedophile.

Here on this thread he is in "I just want to make fun of people" mode again this time going on about divegeester being "an enemy of God"; not so long ago he was accusing him of having the same morality as a murderer.

robbie has apologized for ...[text shortened]... eport your concerns and present your evidence to the owner (Russ) or his moderators immediately.
This is not the first time you clowns have tried using someones apology against them, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

F

Moves
23 Feb 16
2 edits

This is not the first time you clowns have tried using someones apology against them, and I'm sure it won't be the last.
If you are choosing to take robbie's apology in good faith, even now - only a week later - after he has proved that it was completely worthless and insincere, then that is your prerogative. If you think that his insinuations ~ which he is now repeating, despite supposedly admitting that they were not appropriate ~ have any credibility, you should alert the web site without delay. Child Protection is a serious issue.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
23 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
If you are choosing to take robbie's apology in good faith, even now - only a week later - after he has proved that it was completely worthless and insincere, then that is your prerogative. If you think that his insinuations ~ which he is now repeating, despite supposedly admitting that they were not appropriate ~ have any credibility, you should alert the web site without delay. Child Protection is a serious issue.
Why the desperate attempt to change the subject? And why is dive going along with it after admonishing us to stay on topic?

page 27

Originally posted by divegeester
Now you are just being silly. If you can't address the topic without dodging like this then why bother.

The topic is Using the Bible to insult people... and you've done a bang up job of doing just that.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Feb 16

...why is dive going along with it after admonishing us to stay on topic?
Where did I do this?

F

Moves
23 Feb 16
1 edit

Why the desperate attempt to change the subject? And why is dive going along with it [b]after admonishing us to stay on topic?[/b]
It wasn't a change of subject. Why is robbie going on and on about divegeester being "an enemy of God"? I think it's animosity-driven banter just like the stuff insinuating that I could not be trusted around children. The subject is: is Using the Bible to insult people OK? The sub-topic is: why is robbie going on and on about another Christian demonstrating 'enmity against God' after josephw's intervention in that General Forum chatter with James 4:4? I think it's just forum banter ~ like the pedophile thing. I don't think it's robbie speaking sincerely in his self-declared role as a 'Minister of God'.

F

Moves
23 Feb 16

I wonder what principle or standard lemon lime thinks he is demonstrating adherence to with his last four posts.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
23 Feb 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Where did I do this?
Page 27

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
23 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
I wonder what principle or standard lemon lime thinks he is demonstrating adherence to with his last four posts.
It's the principle or standard of paying close attention to what is being said.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Feb 16
1 edit

Page 27
I don't see any posts there where I admonished someone for going off topic. What are you talking about?

Edit: on the contrary; on page 37 I'm talking about how I'm not heavy about people staying on topic.

F

Moves
23 Feb 16
1 edit

It's the principle or standard of paying close attention to what is being said.
If you have paid close attention to robbie's concerns about me being around children ~ both before and since 'the apology' ~ and you think they have some merit, alert the web site. Here's a principle: protecting children is far too serious a matter to be the subject of toxic banter on a message board.

If you have paid close attention to what robbie has been insinuating and you think he is out of order, the principled thing to do would be to come out and say so.