1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 13:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Sorry geester i no longer provide a platform for incessant trolls like you and FMF. You need to overcome your narcissism and I am not helping you by providing you a platform, You need to go cold turkey and change your behaviour, its simply unacceptable because all you seem capable of is being contentious.
    The quotations of what you said ~ when you equated divegeester's moral disposition to the moral disposition of those who lynched black people ~ are verbatim.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 14:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Sorry geester i no longer provide a platform for incessant trolls like you and FMF. You need to overcome your narcissism and I am not helping you by providing you a platform, You need to go cold turkey and change your behaviour, its simply unacceptable because all you seem capable of is being contentious.
    But it was you who brought the subject up on page 41 and that is what I'm responding to. Here is what you said:

"Its this phrase here, 'window lickers' that is the most disturbing for it purports to be a derogatory term for disabled people. Why divegeester feels the necessity to castigate persons who through no fault of their own suffer disabilities is known only to him.

Now, after that, and after me pointing out that you have a track record of repeatedly using the term "window licker", you suddenly don't want to discuss the Topic anymore. Why is that I wonder...
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 07:54
    Originally posted by divegeester (OP)
    This happens a lot here but I'm going to pick one example to make a point. Recently in another forum where there was a heated exchange occurring, a Christian poster used James 4:4 to, I presume, call me spiritually adulterous and an enemy of God. I say presume, because the poster (jospehw) refused to clarify what he meant, despite repeated requests to ...[text shortened]... people you don't like on the Internet.

What people's thoughts are on using the Bible in this way?
    Why would any Christian or Agnostic or Atheist ever be "Using the Bible to insult people" in an online spirituality forum?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 08:09
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Why would any Christian or Agnostic or Atheist ever be "Using the Bible to insult people" in an online spirituality forum?
    Simple: its a way of abrogating responsibility for your actions. You do the same thing all the time, hiding behind other peoples words and pretending that because someone else said it and you just copy /pasted it you are in no way responsible for what you are trying to put forward.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 08:16
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Simple: its a way of abrogating responsibility for your actions. You do the same thing all the time, hiding behind other peoples words and pretending that because someone else said it and you just copy /pasted it you are in no way responsible for what you are trying to put forward.
    Yes, in fact joesphw recently made a further comment, related to his James 4:4 incident in the general forum, where he indicated that despite him purposefully posting the scripture to make a barbed point, it was not him making the insult/rebuke, it was in fact God.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 08:18
    ...and on a side note, you pretending here that don't what what is going on, who's posting what, or why, is just another example of your evasive disingenuousness.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 01:50
    Do these covert and overt behaviours constitute an irresponsible action or an "insult"?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 01:58
    Do these covert and overt behaviours constitute an irresponsible action or an "insult"?
    A 44 page thread and you don't have an opinion of your own on it? 😉
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 06:20
    Obviously in the instance cited in the OP, yes. I find your behaviour rude rather than insulting.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 06:38
    Obviously in the instance cited in the OP, yes. I find your behaviour rude rather than insulting.
    "rude"?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 07:18
    "rude"?
    Yes, rude. You are possibly the rudest person on the site now that Dasa has gone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree