Using the Bible to insult people

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Mar 16

Originally posted by divegeester
If you want to continue discussing the use of the Bible to insult people please feel free to do so.
Let's use the Vedas instead. 😉

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Mar 16

Originally posted by FMF
Surely josephw is the one to ask? wolfgang59 and divegeester shared a joke about your copy pasting habit in some chit chat on the General Forum and along came professed Christian josephw directing James 4:4 [it's about being "an enemy of God"] at fellow Christian divegeester, presumably on account of the fact that wolfgang59 is not a Christian, while you are. I ...[text shortened]... as bitter an insult as one Christian can hurl at another. You should ask josephw why he did it.
Why ask me? I have never insulted any using the Bible in my life contrary to yours or divegeester's opinions.

Obviously it really gets under the skin when God calls it like it is.

rc

Moves
31 Mar 16
3 edits

You all look like a group of window-lickers on a day trip to the zoo to me - divegeester

Its this phrase here, 'window lickers' that is the most disturbing for it purports to be a derogatory term for disabled people. Why divegeester feels the necessity to castigate persons who through no fault of their own suffer disabilities is known only to him.

F

Moves
31 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
Why ask me? I have never insulted any using the Bible in my life contrary to yours or divegeester's opinions.
Then why did you apologize for doing so on the "Your Assessment of Red Hot Pawn" thread a couple of weeks ago?

Obviously it really gets under the skin when God calls it like it is.

Wasn't it you who was purporting to "call it like it is" when you chose to aim James 4:4 at divegeester in the middle of some General Forum chatter? How can you possibly claim that it was "God" who posted James 4:4 on that thread?

F

Moves
31 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Its this phrase here, 'window lickers' that is the most disturbing for it purports to be a derogatory term for disabled people. Why divegeester feels the necessity to castigate persons who through no fault of their own suffer disabilities is known only to him.
The first poster I remember using the term "window licker" on these forums is you. Haven't you used it as an insult many times yourself?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Mar 16

Originally posted by FMF
Then why did you apologize for doing so on the "Your Assessment of Red Hot Pawn" thread a couple of weeks ago?

[b]Obviously it really gets under the skin when God calls it like it is.

Wasn't it you who was purporting to "call it like it is" when you chose to aim James 4:4 at divegeester in the middle of some General Forum chatter? How can you possibly claim that it was "God" who posted James 4:4 on that thread?[/b]
"Then why did you apologize for doing so on the "Your Assessment of Red Hot Pawn" thread a couple of weeks ago?"

To appease crybabies. That, and to show civility, even when no affront was intended.

"Wasn't it [b]you who was purporting to "call it like it is" when you chose to aim James 4:4 at divegeester in the middle of some General Forum chatter?"[/b]

I did "call it like it is". divegeester was siding with the nay sayers in insulting a brother in The Lord. The citation was appropriate to the occasion.

"How can you possibly claim that it was "God" who posted James 4:4 on that thread?"

That's a strange thing for you to say. I won't comment on it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Mar 16

You all look like a group of window-lickers on a day trip to the zoo to me - divegeester

It was made in the clans forum referring to the regular posters in there.

F

Moves
31 Mar 16

josephw: I have never insulted any using the Bible in my life contrary to yours or divegeester's opinions.

FMF: "Then why did you apologize for doing so on the "Your Assessment of Red Hot Pawn" thread a couple of weeks ago?"

To appease crybabies. That, and to show civility, even when no affront was intended.
So it was not a genuine apology? It was some kind of expedient "apology" that was not meant sincerely?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Mar 16

Its this phrase here, 'window lickers' that is the most disturbing for it purports to be a derogatory term for disabled people.
You find this comment in the clans forum disturbing and want to discuss it, but you didn't find dasa's explanation of the Vedic "rape" verses disturbign and didn't want to discuss that?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Mar 16

[b]"Then why did you apologize for doing so on the "Your Assessment of Red Hot Pawn" thread a couple of weeks ago?"

"Wasn't it [b]you who was purporting to "call it like it is" when you chose to aim James 4:4 at divegeester in the middle of some Gene ...[text shortened]... James 4:4 on that thread?"[/b]

That's a strange thing for you to say. I won't comment on it.[/b]
I don't need to use the Bible to make snide comments at people josephw because unlike you I do just "call it as I see it", and I see you as mealy-mouthed, cowardly lightweight who hides behind Biblical scripture and uses it inappropriately to try and score points on an internet forum.

F

Moves
31 Mar 16

I did "call it like it is". divegeester was siding with the nay sayers in insulting a brother in The Lord. The citation was appropriate to the occasion.
It was some General Forum banter poking fun at Grampy Bobby's proclivity for copy pasting. Is that really a situation that James 4:4 - and the Bible generally ~ is intended for? Do you sincerely believe that, in that forum chatter, divegeester demonstrated "enmity for God" by mentioning Grampy Bobby's copy pasting? Do you really believe this is an example of an "appropriate [...] occasion" for one Christian to suggest to another Christian that he or she is "an enemy of God"?

F

Moves
31 Mar 16

Is this not you attempting to moralize over divegeester?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Apr 16

I don't need to use the Bible to make snide comments at people josephw because unlike you I do just "call it as I see it", and I see you as mealy-mouthed, cowardly lightweight who hides behind Biblical scripture and uses it inappropriately to try and score points on an internet forum.
As Jesus said, "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart;.."

Just keep it up geester. Impugn, malign and insult.

F

Moves
01 Apr 16

As Jesus said, "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart;.."

Just keep it up geester. Impugn, malign and insult.
As a Christian speaking to a fellow Christian, do you really - genuinely - sincerely seek to suggest to divegeester that he is "an enemy of God"? And is that why you cited James 4:4 on a General Forum thread when you came across him teasing another poster about his copy pasting habit?

rain

Moves
01 Apr 16
1 edit

Yo mama so old, Jesus is coming back to get the money she owes him.