1. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 14:18
    Originally posted by sonship
    Yes. Why not ?

Do you think you encourage fellowship by telling that I am writing gibberish and causing people to go down a rabbit hole ? That's not right.

My reply here will have to be tailored to be related to the OP. Concerning future sins the Christian may commit, these too are cleansed by the blood of Jesus. But God requires that we confess.
    ...[text shortened]...
    We can pray unto our final destiny. This is also using our predestination as Christians.
    Not all sins are covered or atoned for by the blood of Christ. The Bible says that over and over. You choose not to see that.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 14:291 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Not all sins are covered or atoned for by the blood of Christ. The Bible says that over and over. You choose not to see that.
    Sins are taken away by the blood of Christ. They are more than covered. They are taken away. They are judged. The debt has been paid for the believer because substitution has taken place when we believed.

Now I am going to stick with this OP. I do not want to yet another time, cause this thread to gravitate to the basics of eternal redemption.

This thread takes for fact that Christ secured for the believer "an eternal redemption" (Hebrews 9:12)
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 15:091 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Either the Bible is divinely inspired or it is not. Were the authors of the Bible only divinely inspired when they wrote down the exact words of Christ and not the rest of the time?
    Either you believe Jesus or you don't. Either you believe the words He spoke while He walked the Earth or you don't.

Luke 6
    46“Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47“Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like: 48he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. 49“But the one who has heard and has not acted accordingly, is like a man who built a house on the ground without any foundation; and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great.”

If you're interested in truth, then set aside all your preconceived ideas and approach the words of Jesus while He walked the Earth with an open mind and allow His words to speak for themselves.

John 6:63 "...the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life."
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 15:392 edits
    Yes. Why not ?

Do you think you encourage fellowship by telling that I am writing gibberish and causing people to go down a rabbit hole ? That's not right.

My reply here will have to be tailored to be related to the OP. Concerning future sins the Christian may commit, these too are cleansed by the blood of Jesus. But God requires that we confess.
    ...[text shortened]...
    We can pray unto our final destiny. This is also using our predestination as Christians.
    You've taken 1 John 1:9 out of context and by doing so, once again have made scripture out to say something it doesn't.

1 John 1
    5This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. 6If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; 7but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Only those who "walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light" will have their sins cleansed.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 15:49
    I may use an utterance which is new and novel sounding. I'll try to make these points clear enough.

[b]Daniel
    was carried away into Babylon with the other Hebrews. Daniel studied the book of Jeremiah to ascertain how long the Babylonian captivity would be a punishment to Israel. The answer was 70 years.

Now he could have just been ...[text shortened]... the church and petitioning for God to bring about the destiny He has marked out for His people.[/b]
    "In many cities there is growing a corporate praying Daniel confessing the sins of the church and petitioning for God to bring about the destiny He has marked out for His people."

This reminds my of the transcendental meditation movement of Yogi Marharishi Mahesh back in the 70's.

I'm having some difficulty processing the complications inherent in the idea that a corporate effort of accomplishing God's purposes on earth is a valid enterprise seeing as how the whole drama has already been prophesied of, and the fact that God is sovereign and can accomplish His purposes without man's assistance.

I'm not saying we don't have a part to play, but I think we should be cautious not to step on God's toes. In other words, I think our role is more passive than maybe you are suggesting.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 15:532 edits
    "The Bible says that over and over."

Don't just sit there spewing out you opinions, prove it. Provide the Biblical evidence for that assertion because no one is going to take your word for it.

Back up your assertions with the authority of God's Word or just shut your lying mouth.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 16:031 edit
    If a man says God answers all his prayers then clearly he prays only for petty stuff pertaining to self ... and nothing of substance.

If that is not obvious to you then thats your failing.
    If that's what you think, and it's obvious you do, then you're an idiot.

How you can sit there and make such a claim about my prayer life, which you know nothing about, is only evidence of the fact that you're a deceitful liar.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 16:08
    Sins are taken away by the blood of Christ. They are more than covered. They are taken away. They are judged. The debt has been paid for the believer because substitution has taken place when we believed.

Now I am going to stick with this OP. I do not want to yet another time, cause this thread to gravitate to the basics of eternal redemption.

This t ...[text shortened]... akes for fact that Christ secured for the believer [b]"an eternal redemption" (Hebrews 9:12)
    [/b]
    "This thread takes for fact that Christ secured for the believer "an eternal redemption" (Hebrews 9:12)"

This way of saying it makes me think there is a rather insightful psychological truth in it. Belief that you are eternally redeemed brings about an unconquerable peace of mind.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 16:325 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    This reminds my of the transcendental meditation movement of Yogi Marharishi Mahesh back in the 70's.

I don't let this bother me too much because many things can "remind" me of many other things.

I'm having some difficulty processing the complications inherent in the idea that a corporate effort of accomplishing God's purposes on earth is a valid enterprise seeing as how the whole drama has already been prophesied of, and the fact that God is sovereign and can accomplish His purposes without man's assistance.

You make good points. And I will proceed carefully.

In light of what you wrote above here how do you feel about the book of Revelation saying that the Bride has "made herself ready" ?

" Let us rejoice and exult, and let us give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready." (Rev. 19:7)

My goal is modest here. I just want to give you a little something to think on for awhile.
    I don't want a knockdown drag out debate victory. I am happy just to have some good brothers in the Lord think on a few things they hadn't thought on before.

Here it says that Wife has "made herself ready". She didn't simply passively wait for God to do it without their cooperation. Am I right?

Now consider the next verse on HOW she made herself ready.

"And it was given to her that she should be clothed in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteousnesses of the saints." (v.8)

Consider. The "righteousnesses" is not a typo. It is the righteousnessES of the saints. Some English translations say "the righteous deeds".

This preparation of the bride of Christ is not the positional righteousness of justification by faith. This righteousness-ES are the deeds, the acts, the living, the practical behaviors out of living out Christ.

She prepares herself by the righteous acts, righteous deeds, RIGHTEOUSNESS-ES of the saints. Do you see there how the wife has "made herself ready" ? This is prophecy.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 16:42
    You know that Christ said that God would not only answer prayer. Christ also said that God would reward prayer.

Matthew 6:6

New American Standard Bible
    "But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

How about God Christ one day saying -

"You prayed in faith that I would come again to the earth. Now I have come in answer to your prayer AND My prophecy. And I want to reward you for your faithfulness to pray in faith for that prophecy." ?

Do you think prayer could be one of the righteous deeds or righteousnesses with which the bride prepares herself to meet Christ her Bridegroom?

I'm not saying we don't have a part to play, but I think we should be cautious not to step on God's toes. In other words, I think our role is more passive than maybe you are suggesting.

I believe we need to rest in Him and trust in Him.
    But did you ever see this verse in your contemplations of prophecy?
    This is also in our book of Daniel.

" But the people who know their God will show strength and take action." (Dan. 11:32b)

The people who know their God will not be TOO passive.
    They will show strength and take action.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 06:18
    [b]"How can someone who does not believe, choose to believe?"

You echo FMF. You've been mentored well.

Think for yourself for a change. Think it through. The question is fallacious. It assumes that one didn't choose to not believe, and subsequently is void of the faculty of choosing.

You chose to believe that you cannot choose to believ ...[text shortened]... apacity of reasoning.

Go ahead and think you have no free will. You have no choice after all.[/b]
    "Echo FMF"

The simple psychology of not being able to choose to believe something which you don't believe is hardly and original notion and certainly not an FMF invention. Flinging out your usual ad hominem insults doesn't address my point and neither does your comical blithering about not being able to choose to believe because you don't believe...and not being able to choose to believe when one cannot believe.... I mean really, what on earth are you going on about?

If a person doesn't not believe something, they cannot simply choose to decide to believe it. And no amount of incoherent wittering by you will change that.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 06:201 edit
    Too late. I'm way ahead of you.
    I think that your claim that every prayer you've ever made has been answered is a lie Joesphw.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 06:221 edit
    Do you think you encourage fellowship by telling that I am writing gibberish and causing people to go down a rabbit hole ? That's not right..
    Sonship this is a spirituality debate forum not your personal platform for preaching your erroneous ideas unchallenged. Grow up.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 07:51
    If a man says God answers all his prayers then clearly he prays only for petty stuff pertaining to self ... and nothing of substance.

If that is not obvious to you then thats your failing.
    I know it's difficult to get this through your narcissism, but

sometimes the answer is "no".
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 18:411 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I know it's difficult to get this through your narcissism, but

[b]sometimes the answer is "no".
    [/b]
    Maybe I've missed something, but it doesn't seem that you've thought this through.

By that standard, it would mean that God answers ALL petitions and prayers for EVERYONE: for both Christians and non-Christians alike.

Somehow I don't think that that's what JW had in mind when he said:
    "Not once has God ever failed to answer my petitions and prayers. In fact God did for me better than I would have imagined."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree