1. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 21:43
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"The Bible says that over and over."

Don't just sit there spewing out you opinions, prove it. Provide the Biblical evidence for that assertion because no one is going to take your word for it.

Back up your assertions with the authority of God's Word or just shut your lying mouth.[/b]
    Not all sins are covered or atoned for by the blood of Christ.

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? (Hebrews 10:26-29 KJV)

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. (2 Peter 2:20-21 KJV)
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 21:51
    Originally posted by josephw
    If that's what you think, and it's obvious you do, then you're an idiot.

How you can sit there and make such a claim about my prayer life, which you know nothing about, is only evidence of the fact that you're a deceitful liar.
    The truth offends and there is nothing that I can do about that. Maybe you can stop making claims that are untrue, that way you wont have to get angry when people point out the obvious nonsense that you claim.

All I am saying is that IF the world is still not at peace, if the poor are still suffering and hungry and if the world is still in turmoil, if Jesus has not returned, then clearly you have not prayed for these things

IF you had prayed for these things them ACCORDING TO YOU God would answer your prayer and sorted them out. Or is that you thinK God cannot sort solve these world problems.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 12:254 edits
    erased.
    For other reasons than Rajk999's reply.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 12:33
    Originally posted by sonship
    Expound the passage - [b] (Luke 18:1)

King James Bible
    And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

Why did Jesus say there was a need for the praying ones to not faint or lose heart ?

Please also explain that praying ones underneath the altar in Revelation who cry ou ...[text shortened]...

Why are you so ignorant? Why don't you take more seriously quality study time of your Bible?[/b]
    You calling me ignorant [and other insults] and josephw calling me liar [so often] does nothing help your cases but rather your insults only underlie your lack of conviction in your doctrine. You do not believe what you write because thiere is much about the teachings of Christ which your doctrines [that you foolishly believed for so long], ignore and this is clearly bothering you people. Insulting me is not going to help you.

So again claims that God answers ALL YOUR PRAYERS is a foolish statement. You trying to justify it makes you look like an idiot.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 12:481 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You calling me ignorant [and other insults] and josephw calling me liar [so often] does nothing help your cases but rather your insults only underlie your lack of conviction in your doctrine. You do not believe what you write because thiere is much about the teachings of Christ which your doctrines [that you foolishly believed for so long], ignore and this ...[text shortened]... ALL YOUR PRAYERS is a foolish statement. You trying to justify it makes you look like an idiot.
    I erased my morning post which was done without reading all the others.

My posts have been about praying according to God's will.
    That is different from God answering ALL of your prayers, isn't it?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 12:51
    From Life Study of Genesis by Witness Lee.

http://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=080CE71706

A helpful note on intercessory prayer:

e) Expressing God's Desire

Abraham's intercession echoed the desire of God's heart concerning Lot. As he was interceding according to God's heart, his intercession spontaneously expressed God's desire. Proper intercession always expresses God's desire. This is another principle of intercession. If our intercession is initiated by our seeing of God's revelation in our intimate fellowship with Him, whatever we say to Him in our intercession will be the expression of His desire, the echo of His intention. True intercession is not to express our desire but God's desire. It is not to seek anything according to our intention but to seek the fulfillment of God's intention.

f) Carrying Out God's Will

Intercession must also carry out God's will. Although God had a will to rescue Lot, without Abraham's intercession God had no way to carry out His will. Proper intercession always paves the way for the accomplishing of God's will. It lays the tracks for the heavenly locomotive. God desired to rescue Lot from Sodom, but He had to find a way to do this. Thus, He visited Abraham for the purpose that he might intercede on Lot's behalf. Abraham was intimately close to God's heart, and God was able to open His heart to him. Immediately Abraham echoed back to God His heart's desire in a challenging intercession. This intercession was the expression of God's desire and the carrying out of His will.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 13:51
    I erased my morning post which was done without reading all the others.

My posts have been about praying according to God's will.
    That is different from God answering ALL of your prayers, isn't it?
    I commented on josephw's claim that God answers all his prayers. Please read what he wrote instead of blindly replying in the negative to everything i write.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 14:091 edit
    From Life Study of Genesis by Witness Lee

http://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=080CE71B00

Melchisedec's coming signified that Christ had come. Our victory always makes Christ manifested. The people in our environment may find it difficult to see where Christ is. However, if we gain a victory, that victory will declare Christ to them. Our victory will bring in Christ in a new aspect. How interesting it is to see that suddenly, in chapter fourteen of Genesis, Melchisedec, whose name means the king of righteousness and who was the king of Salem, which means the king of peace, appeared. What does this signify? It signifies that Christ will be declared to people and brought to them by the overcoming ones. One day the whole earth will be surprised by Christ's appearing. The people in the world do not even believe that there is a Christ, calling such belief nonsense. But after we have slaughtered all of the kings, Christ will suddenly appear. Christ will be made manifest by our slaughter of the kings, and the whole world will be surprised at His coming. To us, the overcomers, Christ's second appearing will not be a surprise, but to the worldly people it will be a great surprise. They may say, "Who is this one? What is his name and where does he come from?" We may answer, "His name is Christ, the real Melchisedec, and He comes from the heavens where He has been interceding for centuries."

We all need to echo the Lord's intercession. If we turn to our spirit and contact Him, there will always be some echoing. If we go according to that echoing, forgetting our environment, enemies, and even ourselves, we shall gain the victory and slaughter the kings. At the end of our slaughter of all the kings, our Melchisedec will appear to us. That will be the second coming of Christ. When Christ comes in, the whole earth will know the Most High God. Then all the earth will realize that God is the Possessor of heaven and earth. The earth is not possessed by any king, president, statesman, or politician, it is possessed by the Most High God, the Possessor of heaven and earth. How can this fact be declared to the earth? Only by our slaughter of the kings.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 14:42
    The principle of prayer is a great thing. Of course God knows our need and the needs of the world. This does not mean we do not need pray. Human opinion might be that since God is omniscient, we don't have to pray to God. However we see in the Bible that the omniscient God needs man’s prayer.

" Prayer means that God wants to do something, yet He will not do it Himself; He will wait for man on earth to pray about it before He does it. God has His will and thoughts. Yet He is waiting for man to pray. God knows our needs, yet He has to wait for man to pray before He will do anything. He will not move by Himself; He will move only after man has prayed. "

The Prayer Ministry of the Church by Watchman Nee

In the Bible God did not act unilaterally at many crucial junctures. He would not do something all by Himself. Even in creation there was a triangle situation:

God on one side,
    Satan on one side
    Human beings in the middle to choose between the two wills.

God could unilaterally destroy His enemy. But He created a dusty creature - man. Man was created to align his will with the Divine will. Yet the man was deceived and usurped.
    But men cooperated with God for God to recover the situation.

The church prays because God will not do anything by unilaterally Himself. God has limited Himself purposely to wait for man to pray before He works.

The Lord Jesus was to be born. God needed to be a Simeon and an Anna to pray.
    As a result the Lord Jesus was born (Luke 2:25, 36-38).

The hundred and twenty people prayed for ten days (Acts 1:15; 2:1-2). . The result that petitioning was the coming of the Holy Spirit as power to witness. They prayed according to what God had promised.

You know they first had to become one, unified, put in harmony and forgiving one another. Then in harmony their petition was mighty and touched God's throne.

This is the principle of prayer. Can we through prayer ask God not to do what He wants? No, we cannot. Yet God has to wait for us to pray before He can do what He wants to do. At the time of Ahab, the word of Jehovah came to Elijah clearly, “I will send rain upon the earth.” But Elijah had to pray before God would send the rain (1 Kings 18:1, 41-45).

- Watchman Nee

God alone will not act unless man on earth echoes His desire.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 18:56
    The principle of prayer is a great thing. Of course God knows our need and the needs of the world. This does not mean we do not need pray. Human opinion might be that since God is omniscient, we don't have to pray to God. However we see in the Bible that the omniscient God needs man’s prayer.

[b]
    " Prayer means that God wants to do something, yet He ...[text shortened]... /b]
    [/quote]

- Watchman Nee

God alone will not act unless man on earth echoes His desire.
    Watchman Nee is a moron to say God does not do anything but waits for man . You are an even bigger one to swallow the foolishness he preaches.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 20:574 edits
    From Watchman Nee's Testimony in his own words.

GIVING UP MY FUTURE

In this audience there are at least three schoolmates of mine. Among them is Brother Weigh Kwang-hsi, who can testify concerning what an ill-behaved student I was, as well as what a wonderful student I was in school. On the evil side, I often violated the school rules. On the good side, I was always first in every examination, because God had bestowed intelligence on me. My essays were frequently posted on the bulletin board for exhibition. At that time I was a youth with many grand dreams and many plans for the future. I considered my judgments sound. I can humbly say that had I worked hard in the world, it would have been quite possible for me to have had great success. My schoolmates can also testify to this. But following my salvation many new things happened to me. All my previous planning became void and was brought to nothing. My future career was entirely abandoned. For some this step might be easy, but for me, with many ideals, dreams, and plans, it was exceedingly difficult. From the evening I was saved, I began to live a new life, for the life of the eternal God had entered into me.

Nee as a young Christian learns to pray effectively and leads 69 of his fellow students to Christ from his personal prayer list. He sought help from a sister, Miss Groves, a missionary who helped him learn to pray effectively.

About this time I met a Western missionary, Miss Groves (Margaret Barber's co-worker), who asked me how many persons I had brought to the Lord in the year following my salvation. I bowed my head, hoping to forestall further questioning, and shamefully admitted in a low voice that, although I had preached the gospel to my schoolmates, they did not like to listen, and when they did listen, they would not believe.

She also asked how I went about bearing testimony. I replied that I pulled people in at random and began to speak, regardless of whether they were listening or not. She said, "This is not right. You must speak to God first, before you speak to people. You should pray to God, make a list of your schoolmates' names, and ask God which of them you should pray for. Pray for them daily, mentioning them by name. Then when God affords the opportunity, you should bear testimony to them."

After that conversation, I immediately began to deal with my sins by making restitution, paying debts, being reconciled with my schoolmates, and confessing offenses to others. I also entered in my notebook the names of about seventy schoolmates and began praying for them daily, mentioning their names individually before God. Sometimes I prayed for them once every hour, praying silently, even in class. When opportunity arose, I would bear testimony to them and try to persuade them to believe in the Lord Jesus. My schoolmates often said jokingly, "Mr. Preacher is coming. Let us listen to his preaching." The fact was that they had no intention to listen.

I called on Miss Groves again and said to her, "I have fully carried out your instructions. Why is it not effective?" She replied, "Do not be disappointed. Keep praying until some are saved." By the Lord's grace, I continued to pray daily. When opportunity arose, I bore testimony and preached the gospel. Thank the Lord, after several months, all but one of the seventy persons whose names were in my notebook were saved.

From Watchman Nee's Testimony

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?p [My bolding]

Rajk999, could you please tell us something about your testimony of consecration?
    Tell us something about your prayer life in leading your friends to Christ.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 23:52
    From [b] Watchman Nee's Testimony in his own words.

[quote] GIVING UP MY FUTURE

In this audience there are at least three schoolmates of mine. Among them is Brother Weigh Kwang-hsi, who can testify concerning what an ill-behaved student I was, as well as what a wonderful student I was in school. On the evil side, I often violated the school rules. ...[text shortened]... ny of consecration?
    Tell us something about your prayer life in leading your friends to Christ.[/b]
    God makes the rain to fall on both the good and the evil.

Let me translate .. good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people.. Sometimes your prayers or God, are not the reasons why good things are happening to you. Neither is you lack of prayer the reason why bad things are happening to you. Thats not how God operates. He is not there to satisfy the whims and fancies of Christians.

The man you idolize is an idiot for claiming to know who is saved and who is not.

Also your continued effort to analyse my personal life is a waste of your time.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Feb '17 00:043 edits
    The man you idolize is an idiot for claiming to know who is saved and who is not.

translation: " I don't know that I am saved so no one else knows if they are either."

That's ok. You can always dress up your doubts with a facade of being too humble to talk about "personal" matters. That may impress somebody.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Feb '17 00:081 edit

So Elijah didn't need to pray ?

Open mouth now and change feet.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Feb '17 00:131 edit

Let me translate .. good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people.. Sometimes your prayers or God, are not the reasons why good things are happening to you. Neither is you lack of prayer the reason why bad things are happening to you. Thats not how God operates. He is not ...[text shortened]... d who is not.

Also your continued effort to analyse my personal life is a waste of your time.
    He is not there to satisfy the whims and fancies of Christians.

The thread is about praying according to God's will.
    Not suprised that you didn't notice.

That's not the problem at all. The problem is that you so idolize your self that you are afraid to tell the truth to anyone about the poverty of your spiritual experience.

Better for you to just be a walking, talking, sqawking robotic Arminian machine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree