1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 20:05
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Let me a pose a very simple (yes, no) question to you:

Is the acceptance of Jesus as my personal savior a necessary condition for my salvation?

[b]Reread my post within the context of my free-will argument.

Better yet, why don't you just regroup and come back another time when you have a conception of Hell that possesses at least some ...[text shortened]... arguments. As such, you have not yet convinced me that such a "context" merits any attention.[/b]
    Is the acceptance of Jesus as my personal savior a necessary condition for my salvation?

No.

That would mean that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Noah, Joshua, Moses, Daniel etc. would not be saved.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 20:09
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    [b]Is the acceptance of Jesus as my personal savior a necessary condition for my salvation?

No.

That would mean that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Noah, Joshua, Moses, Daniel etc. would not be saved.[/b]
    As I unsuccessfully beseeched you to do with the complete definition of God, would you please state all the necessary and sufficient conditions for salvation?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 21:261 edit
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Sigh. You seem to have some misconceptions on the Christian concepts of hell, so I'll c&p from a previous post:

My 2 cents on hell.

There is no doctrine I would rather remove from my Christianity than the doctrine of hell. I know I've alluded many times to free will and I do so here again.

If the acceptance and happiness of a creature (heaven) ...[text shortened]... locked from the inside, where those lost souls enjoy the freedom without God they have demanded.
    I like your 2 cent definition. I would add that you do say it is not eternal..the byproduct is ash...the suffering is over.
    And God is justified, that is, He is not a sadistic vengeful God who would like "eternal" suffering and pain, as some would suggest.
    Am I correct in my assessment of your post?
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    31 Oct '05 06:11
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I like your 2 cent definition. I would add that you do say it is not eternal..the byproduct is ash...the suffering is over.
    And God is justified, that is, He is not a sadistic vengeful God who would like "eternal" suffering and pain, as some would suggest.
    Am I correct in my assessment of your post?
    Pretty much...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree