01 Dec '04
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 22:47
    Originally posted by TrollGirl28
    So, Who believes in ghosts?
    I'm pretty sure I do.
    Anyone have a opinion?😉
    -TrollGirl28
    Not sure about ghosts, but if you meditate on the picture from this link below, you may possibly see one...

http://www.ripperd.com/ftp/admins/whatswrong.swf

note -- you must look at the picture of the room for at least 45 seconds. This is how long it will take your "third eye" to acclimatize to the vibrations of the possible ghost.

disclaimer -- do not look at this link if you have a heart condition.

😲
  3. Joined
    20 Apr '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 22:57
    Originally posted by Metamorphosis
    Not sure about ghosts, but if you meditate on the picture from this link below, you may possibly see one...

note -- you must look at the picture of the room for at least 45 seconds. This is how long it will take your "third eye" to acclimatize to the vibrations of the possible ghost.

😲
    Ha ha. Very funny.
  4. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 23:11
    Originally posted by Metamorphosis

😲
    Well, it got me, and gave me the RIGHT old willies!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Don't want to go to bed now... 🙁
  5. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    28 Apr '05 00:45
    Originally posted by TrollGirl28
    So, Who believes in ghosts?
    I'm pretty sure I do.
    Anyone have a opinion?😉
    -TrollGirl28

As there is no scientific theory for ghosts it's rather difficult to find any logical reason for believing that such a phenomenon exists.
  6. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    28 Apr '05 01:291 edit
    Originally posted by Maustrauser

As there is no scientific theory for ghosts it's rather difficult to find any logical reason for believing that such a phenomenon exists.
    Really? Is that a fact? I'm certain there are indeed scientific theories for ghosts. There are scientific theories for the craziest ideas - that doesn't say anything about how reasonable they are. I wouldn't base any belief on the mere existence of a scientific theory - that's treating science as a religion.
  7. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    28 Apr '05 01:41
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Really? Is that a fact? I'm certain there are indeed scientific theories for ghosts. There are scientific theories for the craziest ideas - that doesn't say anything about how reasonable they are. I wouldn't base any belief on the mere existence of a scientific theory - that's treating science as a religion.
    Might I put forth the "Holy Ghost".
  8. NY
    Moves
    28 Apr '05 04:45
    Originally posted by Maustrauser

how so.. humans exist on energy.. and when one dies considering that energy can not be created nor destroyed.. it only makes sence that some energy(soiuls) may or may be left wanting.
  9. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    28 Apr '05 10:18
    define "ghost"

well, if we're talking dead people we're not talking the holy ghost etc...

i beleive in angels and demons, but i don't think i beleive in ghosts. (i've never given it much thought, and i can't see any reason for their existence nor much evidence. definatly nothing conclusive...)
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '05 10:49
    well i never seen a ghost so i can't say that they exist. of course i can't say that they don't exist but it was never proven either of them

but based on logic, why would God have dead people wondering aimlesly in the world? it would be like imigrants who's visa were rejected by both Heaven and hell. I don't believe that either of them woul put signs "We are full" or "We are not accepting any aplicants at the moment, come back in 1000 years"

And pictures and such don't prove anything. Why would an invisible ghost be captured on film like any other material creature?
    But of course we should keep an open mind, perhaps there are some evidence we missed
  11. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    28 Apr '05 12:31
    Based on a lack of evidence, I do not believe in the supernatural, be it ghosts, faeries or gods.
  12. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '05 12:32
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Based on a lack of evidence, I do not believe in the supernatural, be it ghosts, faeries or gods.
    I believe in fairies: they have their own bars and everything.
  13. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    28 Apr '05 12:41
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    well i never seen a ghost so i can't say that they exist. of course i can't say that they don't exist but it was never proven either of them

but based on logic, why would God have dead people wondering aimlesly in the world? it would be like imigrants who's visa were rejected by both Heaven and hell. I don't believe that either of them woul put sign ...[text shortened]... creature?
    But of course we should keep an open mind, perhaps there are some evidence we missed
    Two problems with this right off the bat. First, this argument assumes not only the existence of Heaven and Hell, but also the properties of each. Second, it attempts to fathom the Will of God, a pointless exercise if there ever was one.

... --- ...

P.S. Of course there is evidence that we have missed. We humans sure are cocky, aren't we, thinking that we can know it all?
  14. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    28 Apr '05 13:04
    Originally posted by xxxenophobe
    how so.. humans exist on energy.. and when one dies considering that energy can not be created nor destroyed.. it only makes sence that some energy(soiuls) may or may be left wanting.
    On death the energy is dissipated as heat... and that's it. Gone. No more. Cold...
  15. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    28 Apr '05 13:05
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Sorry oh pedant. I should have said "testable, repeatable and falsifiable" scientific theory.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree