16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 21:49
    Another non-engager 😞
  2. The World
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 22:18
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Do you think Adam and Eve were created with meat eating teeth? And if so what does that say about predestination, free will and sin?
    Yes.
    Nothing.
    Complete.
    Personal choice.

To your 4 points.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 22:241 edit
    Originally posted by @paul-a-roberts
    Yes.
    Nothing.
    Complete.
    Personal choice.

To your 4 points.
    You are aware that this is a discussion forum, right?
  4. The World
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 22:26
    You are aware that this is a discussion forum, right?
    Open questions present the option to debate, closed questions kill debate.

Given opinions, enlarge on them, and then debate can begin.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 22:29
    Yes.
    Nothing.
    Complete.
    Personal choice.

To your 4 points.
    So the firstborn of the Earth, Adam and Eve were created with meet eating teeth, before the fall and before death entered the world and before God commanded to “go kill and eat”. And you claim that this would say nothing about the predestination of the fall of man, death entering and man becoming self dependent instead of god dependent?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 22:31
    Open questions present the option to debate, closed questions kill debate.

Given opinions, enlarge on them, and then debate can begin.
    Only one of my questions was a closed question which set up a premise and was followed by an open question to invite you to discuss. If you don’t want to discuss your beliefs you don’t have to, but it seems odd to make a provocative OP and then apparently turtle.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 22:41

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. The World
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 22:46
    So the firstborn of the Earth, Adam and Eve were created with meet eating teeth, before the fall and before death entered the world and before God commanded to “go kill and eat”. And you claim that this would say nothing about the predestination of the fall of man, death entering and man becoming self dependent instead of god dependent?
    I've other things going on in life, so may, at times, be slow to reply.

If it is to be believed, then God created the Earth etc., and Adam and Eve. So God was like a parent, and Adam and Eve the kids, and frankly God was a bit of an absent Father at best.

Every parent has a responsibility to set their kids up for the future, as best they can, therefore created a fully functioning omnivore type of offspring.

So God created his kids, just as we do, though maybe a little more magically, and then gives them the basics, and sets them on their way.

He then leaves them all alone to make their own decisions. To prove they have free will, He let's them choose whether to eat from the free, but says He'll cut them off if they do. Just like us telling our kids we would cut them off if they take drugs, or get drunk, or whatever hang up the parents have. And it wasn't a bluff.

So no, God created man, gave them a chance to choose their own path etc. So not predetermined, total free will, and sin in based on each person's own morality, so nowt to do with God, but all down to the individual.

Just my thoughts.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 23:142 edits
    paragraphed responses below
    I've other things going on in life, so may, at times, be slow to reply.
    Some posters in here will at times feel obliged to inform the forum of thier full and busy life as though it somehow exonerates them from honest timely exchanges, or maybe infers that their fellow debatee doesn’t have one. But anyway I’m pleased that you do.

If it is to be believed, then God created the Earth etc., and Adam and Eve. So God was like a parent, and Adam and Eve the kids, and frankly God was a bit of an absent Father at best.
    Are we discussing belief or knowledge? Three times in your OP you said “we all know”; who is “we” and I contend as to what is and isn’t “known”.

Every parent has a responsibility to set their kids up for the future, as best they can, therefore created a fully functioning omnivore type of offspring.
    This is a non sequitur

So God created his kids, just as we do, though maybe a little more magically, and then gives them the basics, and sets them on their way.
    I’d say a LOT more magically, but go on...

He then leaves them all alone to make their own decisions. To prove they have free will, He let's them choose whether to eat from the free, but says He'll cut them off if they do. Just like us telling our kids we would cut them off if they take drugs, or get drunk, or whatever hang up the parents have. And it wasn't a bluff.
    For brevity:
    - That is not supported by scripture
    - The premise is supposition, but there is a choice, agreed.
    - No, he doesn’t, he says “in that day...you will surely die”
    - unsupported in scripture, clearly god does not “cut off” people but they certainly do go through some consequences

So no, God created man, gave them a chance to choose their own path etc. So not predetermined, total free will, and sin in based on each person's own morality, so nowt to do with God, but all down to the individual.
    - “so no not predetermined” how do your suppositions support this conclusion and how do they address my suggestion that being created with meat eating teeth infers predestination to kill?
    - on what basis, other than your own opinion are you saying that sin is based on each persons morality and if you are correct how does that support your previous premise that god judged them on his morality. Your argument is confused and full of conjecture.

just my thoughts
    My thoughts are that you seem to find the idea of god and creation incredible and quite silly, but you haven’t really thought through a basis for your argument that dismantled the biblical account.

I have plenty of arguments that dismantle the biblical account and yet I’m still a Christian, which is odd in itself.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 23:271 edit
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    lol. Good one.
    It doesn’t surprise me that you of all people would find the OP of interst, but I am surprised that you are so easily titilated.

I think the teeth example is an interesting one but too easily explained away by short term natural selection.

Male nipples is a good one.

A better question in my humble opinion (and incidentally one which I ran with a few years ago and got slated by my fellow Christians) is where is the tree of life now and did it have real roots and real leaves? If it did have real roots, what was it feeding on? And so on and so forth.
  11. The World
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 23:56
    [b]I've other things going on in life, so may, at times, be slow to reply.
    Some posters in here will at times feel obliged to inform the forum of thier full and busy life as though it somehow exonerates them from honest timely exchanges, or maybe infers that their fellow debatee doesn’t have one. But anyway I’m pleased that you do.

If it is ...[text shortened]... ments that dismantle the biblical account and yet I’m still a Christian, which is odd in itself.
    This is likely to go down badly here, but the Bible isn't fact. It is a collection of folk more, stories passed down through the generations prior to written communication and then brought into book form over centuries, with different authors all of their own agendas.

I'm not discounting the concept of a higher being, or higher purpose, but the stories themselves are likely to be highly inaccurate.

I'm not going to go into a debate to just read from someone else's opinion and pass that off as my own. The Bible was not contemporaneously written, and no evidence of its factual nature would seem to exist.

I'm not here to say that Christians, or Muslims, or Buddhists are wrong, nor will I disagree with everything that an atheist may write, but I will include my own opinions and that is all anyone in a debate should do.

Own thought, own beliefs, honestly given.

I'm on a phone, so trying to remember your points.

The only one I can remember that may not be replied to above is on why God would create Man as omnivorous. Being omnivorous does not, in any way, mean that we must kill. In fact, to me, it shows the complete opposite. We have the capacity to eat meat or plants etc. Meat does not have to have been killed by man, accidents happen to animals and being able to not waste the meat is a great survival technique.

I'm new to this forum, so when an ignoramus calls me out for not replying instantly I tried to explain politely that I was busy, but hey ho.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 00:012 edits
    It doesn’t surprise me that you of all people would find the OP of interst, but I am surprised that you are so easily titilated.

I think the teeth example is an interesting one but too easily explained away by short term natural selection.

Male nipples is a good one.

A better question in my humble opinion (and incidentally one which I ran wit ...[text shortened]... ots and real leaves? If it did have real roots, what was it feeding on? And so on and so forth.
    Well, my take on the OP was that it was so absurd that it must have been completely facetious. It would seem that my take was either incorrect or PAR has decided to run with it anyway.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 01:243 edits
    I'm new to this forum, so when an ignoramus calls me out for not replying instantly I tried to explain politely that I was busy, but hey ho.
    Let it be noted that you resorted to insulting and name calling not I.

Furthermore you got “called out”, as you put it, because you ignored my on topic and well inteded reply to your OP and made some other off topic comment to another poster. Pleas of being “new here” are as interesting as your comments about your busy life and other things going on. Either engage in discussion or don’t, the choice is yours but park your brittleness and enjoy. 🙂

PS you might want to learn the difference between and open and closed question 😛
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 01:261 edit
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Well, my take on the OP was that it was so absurd that it must have been completely facetious.
    My take on it also.

PS if anyone wants to pick up the treee of life baton I’m up for a few laps on it...?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 01:32
    This is likely to go down badly here, but the Bible isn't fact.
    Let me apologise for getting off on the wrong foot with you.

Your comments will not go down badly at all and you are a very welcome addition to the forum Paul.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree