1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 08:081 edit
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Who did Adam’s sons marry? And where did Cain get his wife?

There are levels to engagement, dive. Don't dismiss people just because they don't see what you do.
    Their sisters presumably.

Who in this thread, or indeed any thread that I have participated in during my nearly ten years of posting here, have I ever dismissed?

What I object to is forum “sabre rattling” I.e. making a provocative post and then not having the form to follow up with those who reply; it’s poor forum etiquette exhibited by the likes of sonship, Galveston75 and a few others.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 08:10
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    An omnipotent and infinitely good God could have created us to live on water and sunlight, without having to feed on the death of any living thing, plant or animal.
    Or perhaps a being so infinitely superior wouldn’t bother creating us at all.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 14:41
    An omnipotent and infinitely good God could have created us to live on water and sunlight, without having to feed on the death of any living thing, plant or animal.
    I do not believe a truly 'infinitely good God' would have humanity live a life void of cauliflower and cheese. I really don't.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 16:37
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Or perhaps a being so infinitely superior wouldn’t bother creating us at all.
    Someone once said that humanity is God playing hide and seek with himself. Makes as much sense as that God wanted someone to worship him. Humans certainly don,t need amoebas to worship them.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 19:01

Who in this thread, or indeed any thread that I have participated in during my nearly ten years of posting here, have I ever dismissed?

What I object to is forum “sabre rattling” I.e. making a provocative post and then not having the form to follow up with those who reply; it’s poor forum etiquette exhibited by the likes of sonship, Galveston75 and a few others.
    You said 'Another non-engager" right after my post, is all. Felt you were dismissing what I had said. Let's not worry about it though.

I figure that there must have been 'human' tribes all over the place when adam and eve showed up, as the first 'real' humans. This is the only way I can make sense of the myth.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 20:46
    Originally posted by @paul-a-roberts
    Open questions present the option to debate, closed questions kill debate.

Given opinions, enlarge on them, and then debate can begin.
    Nice
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 21:23
    Originally posted by @paul-a-roberts
    This is likely to go down badly here, but the Bible isn't fact. It is a collection of folk more, stories passed down through the generations prior to written communication and then brought into book form over centuries, with different authors all of their own agendas.

I'm not discounting the concept of a higher being, or higher purpose, but the st ...[text shortened]... calls me out for not replying instantly I tried to explain politely that I was busy, but hey ho.
    Jump in the water is fine

If you read the bible try to catch the metaphors 🙂
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 21:31
    Originally posted by @apathist
    You said 'Another non-engager" right after my post, is all. Felt you were dismissing what I had said. Let's not worry about it though.

I figure that there must have been 'human' tribes all over the place when adam and eve showed up, as the first 'real' humans. This is the only way I can make sense of the myth.
    It wasn’t about you, forget it.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 21:32

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 22:35
    Yes, back to diet of pure light... after the burgers and fries
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 22:35

You've dismissed me
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '18 01:33
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    You've dismissed me
    You don’t count though...

(Sic)
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    26 Mar '18 02:55
    Someone once said that humanity is God playing hide and seek with himself. Makes as much sense as that God wanted someone to worship him. Humans certainly don,t need amoebas to worship them.
    However, humans crave positive relationships with animals from their youth.

But... Your big error here is only trying to say that you would know what the will of an omnipotent being is like.

We are here to glorify God, one could say, but we are also here because it is most pleasing to God; so our prupsoe involves glorification as a rightful part of our station... But that doesn't actually tell us the motive is egotistical.

There's a lot of potential reasons that are purely altruistic. You just choose not to present them, which is uncharitable and not a good debate tactic because it will fall flat to everyone who has a remotely positive view of God.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Mar '18 04:48
    But some humans do seem to want other humans to worship them.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Mar '18 13:18
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    But some humans do seem to want other humans to worship them.
    That is a psychological weakness which we may presume does not affect God. God cannot want anything in quite the same way that a human can, that is, to lack something which some one or some thing else can provide. God lacks nothing and no one or no thing can provide God with anything He does not already have.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree