1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Mar '18 13:262 edits
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    However, humans crave positive relationships with animals from their youth.

But... Your big error here is only trying to say that you would know what the will of an omnipotent being is like.

We are here to glorify God, one could say, but we are also here because it is most pleasing to God; so our prupsoe involves glorification as a rightful part ...[text shortened]... ood debate tactic because it will fall flat to everyone who has a remotely positive view of God.
    I have no idea what the will of an omnipotent Being would be like. Since God is sui generis, it is not like anything else at all. It would be nothing at all like the will of a finite being which must accommodate itself to limits and restraints. That is why I can make no sense of why God would want human worship. It cannot be because God is missing something which only humans could provide. If you just want to say that God demands this of us and made us for just this purpose, with no explanation as to why God would do that, ok, we can leave it at that; but that's no reason for me to worship a God who is that incomprehensible.

"Potentially purely altruistic" reasons have nothing to do with God. Firstly, because man is in no position to do God any favors; i.e., altruism towards God is nonsense. Secondly, if altruistic reasons have any claim on human behavior towards other humans, then they do so without God as a purely human matter (for social tranquility or to facilitate the propagation of genes to the next generation or whatever).
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Mar '18 13:29
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Yes, back to diet of pure light... after the burgers and fries
    ... with the angels.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Mar '18 11:051 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You don’t count though...

(Sic)
    Well.
    How Christian of you
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Mar '18 11:08
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    ... with the angels.
    Oh yeah

hardcore bro

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree