VoidSpirit

VoidSpirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
27 Nov 12

Originally posted by boonon
We all have a choice to make. Our environment does not have to dictate our behavior. I have been a guardian of a 16 year old boy for about a year. The first 15 years of his life were horrendous. The abuse he suffered from his mother and father are unspeakable. He shows no signs of carrying on his parents traits or of abusing others like he was. He is one of t ...[text shortened]... mal' 16 year olds I have ever met. How do we attribute this if we go by your scientific facts?
the scientific fact do not say all children who are abused become abusers. it indicates you are much more likely. i think its around 51% of male offenders that claim to have been molested. which is a huge statistic.
of coarse people have the choice to maker right and wrong decisions but when you are angry, depressed. full of anxiety, suffering from associated mental health issues it makes it much harder to make the right decision. many people end up taking drugs/alcohol to numb the pain and as we all know people make very bad choices when drunk/high. 65% of all u.s. male prisoners have a drug/alcohol addiction problem.

if you are correct and evil is not connected to our life events but out nature. then there are some very strange statistical coincidences. over 50% of female prisoners in the uk have suffered from violent abuse and over 30% sexual abuse.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Dec 12

Before we get too far afield here, has anyone heard any further news on VS's condition?

t

Moves
06 Dec 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
Before we get too far afield here, has anyone heard any further news on VS's condition?
reading his profile for me it's obvious that he was never in an accident

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
06 Dec 12

Originally posted by tim88
It does seem strange that a person with severe injuries would even think of this site, let alone get someone else to log in and post a message in the profile.

F

Moves
06 Dec 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
It does seem strange that a person with severe injuries would even think of this site, let alone get someone else to log in and post a message in the profile.
My spouse did it for me when I had my motorcycle crash in May 2010.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Dec 12

Either

he has been in an accident and you are an unfeeling idiot

or

he has not been in an accident and you are an unfeeling idiot

T

Moves
06 Dec 12

What an unthinking thing to say. Have you ever read any of his interchanges on this forum? Not only is the veracity of the unhappy news questioned, but the whole post about the man's accident is now being used by some to fling mud at each other. Does anyone see any hypocritical incongruity in that? This on a post about a man of very fine values and one who participates in a respectful way to anyone. People form forum and chess site friendships of a kind here and it is quite possible people get news to the forum on such an incident.
I for one, would like to know if anyone has heard how he is.

T

Moves
12 Dec 12

For those concerned, VS informed that he is stable but progress will be slow. Friends and family giving him support.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Dec 12

Originally posted by Taoman
For those concerned, VS informed that he is stable but progress will be slow. Friends and family giving him support.
Thanks Taoman. I agree with your posts as well.
I am appalled that people would use VS's unfortunate state as a justification for their "God". Real low brow stuff....

t

Moves
13 Dec 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Thanks Taoman. I agree with your posts as well.
I am appalled that people would use VS's unfortunate state as a justification for their "God". Real low brow stuff....
and you are both australian good people australians.