1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 16:231 edit
    Originally posted by tim88
    if it was you in the hospital he would be wishing you dead.
    No he wouldn't. He would hope Suzianne has a speedy recovery

edit: sorry catman, i missed your post before this one
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 16:26
    /voidspirit was a great poster. He often had one line posts, so he was succinct, and I liked that.
    Also I found he said a lot of exactly what I would say, but usually more eloquoently.

I sincerely hope this is just a bump on the road in his life. People like that need to spread their wisdom.
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 21:042 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I think the Christians in this forum should put aside their differences with this man and pray for his speedy recovery.

I know... I like the idea *because* of the irony. 🙂
    The sentiment is endearing but I strongly hope the situation doesn't arise such that we have a demonstration that praying doesn't work (i.e. prayers or no prayers I hope voidspirit recovers).
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 07:56
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Why? It wont do anything apart from make you feel all irrationally smug and superior.
    Says you.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 18:55
    Says you.
    Oh good you can show me the peer reviewed study demonstrating the effectiveness of prayers
    thus overturning the laws of physics as we know them, winning the Nobel prize, and the $1mill USD
    from the JREF foundation....

Prayers don't work.
    They obviously and consistently don't work.
    They can't work, as that would violate the known laws of physics.

So "says me" and the entire scientific community, the laws of physics, All the available evidence,
    and anyone with any common sense.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 19:03
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    /voidspirit was a great poster. He often had one line posts, so he was succinct, and I liked that.
    Also I found he said a lot of exactly what I would say, but usually more eloquoently.

I sincerely hope this is just a bump on the road in his life. People like that need to spread their wisdom.
    Yes, his posts were succinct, with often wrong ideas. 😏
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 19:15
    Oh good you can show me the peer reviewed study demonstrating the effectiveness of prayers
    thus overturning the laws of physics as we know them, winning the Nobel prize, and the $1mill USD

Prayers don't work.
    They can't work, as that would violate the known laws of physic ...[text shortened]... unity, the laws of physics, All the available evidence,
    Prayers are man's attempt to communicate with God. Whether or not God hears this attempted communication is not something science can determine.

It is clear that people do not always receive exactly what they request from prayers, so in that sense I also believe prayers are not something that works like a magical chant that is supposed to grant the wish of whoever says it. However, sometimes the prayer request seems to be answered by some coincidence.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 01:03

Prayers don't work.
    They can't work, as that would violate the known laws of physic ...[text shortened]... unity, the laws of physics, All the available evidence,
    the laws of physics, now? really?

wouldn't God have to have a physical form to be constrained by the laws of physics?
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 05:05
    the laws of physics, now? really?

wouldn't God have to have a physical form to be constrained by the laws of physics?
    The "laws" of physics are just a myth invented by people who wish to deny the truth of the Holy Bible.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 09:10
    No, not at all. Only some of his actions (or their effects) would have to take physical form for him to be constrained by the laws of physics.
    To give an analogy, you don't have to be a piece of software, a piece of text, or part of the internet, to be constrained by the rules of this forum.

It must be noted however that 'the Laws of physics' cannot be violated by definition. ie 'the Laws of physics' are not a set of laws that stop entities from doing things or constrain entities in any way, but rather they are the set of rules that have never been observed to have been violated - and thus we typically conclude that they will not, or cannot be violated. The moment a violation is observed, we must revise what we believe to be 'the Laws of physics'.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 13:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, his posts were succinct, with often wrong ideas. 😏
    Wrong?
    You mean that you disagreed with them,right?

Right and wrong have a long way to go on this forum before any concensus is established.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 19:01
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The "laws" of physics are just a myth invented by people who wish to deny the truth of the Holy Bible.
    Exactly!

Most "so-called" laws are just theories. For instance the "Theory of Gravity"
    which Evolutionists hang on to. The evolutionists offer this as a reason why we
    stay on Earth, but the Holy Bible clearly states that God put man on
    earth. And what God puts, stays put. There is no need for this imaginery
    gravity.

😉
  13. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 19:15
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I was searching the forums for something in relation to Dasa from a previous thread. Saw VoidSpirits name and thought i'd not seen him post in a while, clicked his profile and read -

For whom it may concern. Voidspirit had a severe accident with multiple fractures and head trauma.
    He may return to activity once/if recovered from the injuries.

Hope he gets well soon.
    That's awful. I hope he ends up alright, and that he and his are holding up during the recovery.
  14. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 22:32

Prayers don't work.
    I disagree.

Prayer does work.

My son had a life threatening accident at our home recently. I held him in my arms and prayed over him as we waited for the paramedics to arrive. When they arrived and did all of their medical tests, it was determined that his vital signs were stable and he did not need to be flown to the hospital so he went by ambulace.

He survived. At his check up last week the surgeon shared with us something that he had not shared during my sons stay at the hospital.

He said, "the severity of his injury and the condition he was in when he arrived coupled with the FACT he lost half of his blood had left the surgeon with NO medical explanation on why his vitals were stable". They should have been anything but stable. He had waited to share this with us because he was trying to figure out how this had been possible. He still did not have an explanation.

Prayer does work. It is spiritual and will never fit in to the laws of physics. My son is alive because of prayer.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 22:34
    Why? It wont do anything apart from make you feel all irrationally smug and superior.
    I hope he recovers and my thoughts and prayers go out for him, and you.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree