Was I forced to be a Christian for 25+ years?

Was I forced to be a Christian for 25+ years?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
02 Sep 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Do you believe all people turn into robots when they are exposed to supernatural ideas and suddenly loose the ability to weigh up evidence, compare ideas and decide what is credible and what is not? Or do you think this braindead experience was unique to you?
Sonship has just revealed (on the previous page to the post im replying to) that he was a a Christian, then an ex christian, then a Christian again. You don't seem to be at all interested in correlating any spiritual, philosophical or cognitive dynamics between his experiences and FMFs. Why is that?

F

Moves
02 Sep 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
So you were a Christian, then you weren't, and now you are again.
Were you saved, then unsaved and then saved again?
Kudos to sonship if he answers this head on.

Moves
02 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
Robot - check.
Braindead - check.

Understood.

Got anything else to offer our conversation?
Do you now suddenly have the ability to decide what is credible and what isn't? Or are you still in a comatose state?

Kudos to FMF if he answers this head on.

Moves
02 Sep 17

You are the one claiming to have been a 'robot' with regards to your religious beliefs not me. If you have a better more accurate word than 'robot' to describe a person devoid of free will feel free to share it.
FMF has claimed no such thing, you are just making it up, apparently because you are unable to process the honest and forthright account he has given. It's quite interesting how you behave at times.

F

Moves
02 Sep 17

Do you now suddenly have the ability to decide what is credible and what isn't? Or are you still in a comatose state?
Robot - check.
Braindead - check.
Comatose - check.

Moves
02 Sep 17

Robot - check.
Braindead - check.
Comatose - check.
Interesting that you dodged the question.

Moves
02 Sep 17

Do you deny that you had no free will and that a robot in essence has no free will? If not what is your objection to my use of the word 'robot'?
Robots have nothing to do with the hyper-complexities of a human being either having or not having free will. You seem to think you are on to something with this silly rhetoric.

Moves
02 Sep 17

FMF has claimed no such thing, you are just making it up, apparently because you are unable to process the honest and forthright account he has given. It's quite interesting how you behave at times.
So are you saying he did have the ability to decide what was credible and what wasn't when he was a Christian?

F

Moves
02 Sep 17

Interesting that you dodged the question.
I believe you are trolling.

If you move the contribution you are making to this conversation away from that, and if you ask me things that I have not addressed before in posts addressed to you, I will respond.

Moves
02 Sep 17

Robots have nothing to do with the hyper-complexities of a human being either having or not having free will. You seem to think you are on to something with this silly rhetoric.
Did FMF have free will as a Christian? No. Do robots have free will? No.

You are welcome to ignore the obvious for obvious reasons.

Moves
02 Sep 17

Robot - check.
Braindead - check.
Understood.
Got anything else to offer our conversation?
If I can borrow his "robot" analogy for a moment; he reminds me of this...

Moves
02 Sep 17

I believe you are trolling.

If you move the contribution you are making to this conversation away from that, and if you ask me things that I have not addressed before in posts addressed to you, I will respond.
You have never answered the question I asked you and we both know exactly why you refuse to answer it.

Moves
02 Sep 17
1 edit

So are you saying he did have the ability to decide what was credible and what wasn't when he was a Christian?
No I'm saying that FMF has not claimed to be a robot and that you are just making it up, apparently because you are unable to process the honest and forthright account he has given. I am also saying that it is quite interesting how you behave at times.

Moves
02 Sep 17

Did FMF have free will as a Christian? No. Do robots have free will? No.

You are welcome to ignore the obvious for obvious reasons.
How would I know whether of not someone who I didn't know at the time had free will years ago or not?

F

Moves
02 Sep 17
2 edits

You have never answered the question I asked you and we both know exactly why you refuse to answer it.
I have in the past explained exactly what role free will played in my loss of faith and now, in this OP, I have explained exactly what effect strong life-affecting faith in Jesus had on the notion of free will. I am not going to say that I am a robot, as you seem to want me to; I am not going to say I was and am braindead, as you seem to want me to. And I am not going to say I am comatose. Your conversational gambits are boring.