1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 17:26
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So you believe that the soul and spirit are not the same then?
    Do you have evidence that either actually exist?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 17:35
    So you believe that the soul and spirit are not the same then?
    Yes, that is what jaywill said. HalleluYah !!! 😏
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 17:37
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Do you have evidence that either actually exist?
    Well the soul exist as we are all souls. That is our bodies are the soul, one in the same.
    The life force in us is the spirit. It is simply the life in us that god gives to all living beings including all like forms, man and animals.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 17:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, that is what jaywill said. HalleluYah !!! 😏
    So do you agree?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 19:10
    So do you agree?
    If you are too dumb to understand, I'm going to leave you guessing.
    HalleluYah !!! 😏
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 19:152 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If you are too dumb to understand, I'm going to leave you guessing.
    HalleluYah !!! 😏
    STOP being rude you fool. I obviously know the answers and would diffenently not be asking you for anything concerning spiritual matters. I'm asking you what you believe or are you just to dumb to know that?
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 19:23
    Well the soul exist as we are all souls. That is our bodies are the soul, one in the same.
    The life force in us is the spirit. It is simply the life in us that god gives to all living beings including all like forms, man and animals.
    Ok so you are saying that 'spirit' is 'life force' that animates us and makes us different from
    something that isn't alive. Have I got that right?

I am not clear about what you mean by souls.
    Are you saying that our physical bodies are our souls? In which case why call them souls and
    not bodies?
    Could you expand on what you think the soul is as at the moment you sound like you are simply
    using 'soul' interchangeably with 'person' without any supernatural or spiritual element.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 19:29
    Ok so you are saying that 'spirit' is 'life force' that animates us and makes us different from

Are you saying that our physical bodies are our souls? In which case why call them souls and
    not bodies?
    Could you expand on what you think the soul is a ...[text shortened]... ing 'soul' interchangeably with 'person' without any supernatural or spiritual element.
    I'll be glad to. Have to run some errands but will be back soon...
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 20:17

not bodies?
    Could you expand on what you think the soul is a ...[text shortened]... ing 'soul' interchangeably with 'person' without any supernatural or spiritual element.
    If one first goes to Genesis it shows that God formed Adam out of the dust of the earth. He then proceeded to breath the "breath of life" into Adam and that Adam became a "living soul".
    Two points here is that Adam had been formed but was not yet alive. He was a soul but not a live one until God breathed life into him. Once God gave this life force or a spirit force by breathing this into him, then his soul or body became alive.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 20:291 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    blimey, it has to be said you do know your bible!

can i just ask (no hidden agendas) what is the purpose of number 2. in what way does the soul interact with the mind and what is the point?

can i just ask (no hidden agendas) what is the purpose of number 2. in what way does the soul interact with the mind and what is the point?

I think what I wrote was that the soul is the organ by which man interacts with "other" minds. I'm sure that I put it something like that.

The psychological world consist of my mind and "other" minds. I suppose that I should expand that to include other emotions and other wills as well.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 20:426 edits

The Bible makes a distinction such that it is impossible to regard the body as the soul and vica versa.

"And do not fear those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna." (Matt. 10:28)

1.) If the body is identical with soul then to kill one is to kill the other.
    But here Jesus says man can kill the body but in so doing has not killed the soul.

2.) Man can kill the body but leave the soul undamaged. God, on the other hand, has greater power. He can destroy "BOTH" meaning "both" parts of the total human being.

" ... fear Him who is able to destroy BOTH soul and body in Gehenna."

And any sidetracting the issue to a discussion of the meaning of Gehenna is irrelevant to matter of "soul" and "body" being TWO distinct components.

Yes, I know the Bible spoke of persons as souls and even gave a count of souls refering to people. Still Matthew 10:28 proves that "BOTH soul and body" means TWO distinct components of man's being are involved there.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 22:44
    Originally posted by jaywill

The Bible makes a distinction such that it is impossible to regard the body as the soul and vica versa.

[b]"And do not fear those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and b ...[text shortened]... ul and body"
    means TWO distinct components of man's being are involved there.[/b]
    Perhaps this scripture would be indicating that man can kill us on a temporary level but cannot kill us permently? Only God can put a complete end to ones life.
    Some say the soul is what lives on in heaven after death but you know the scripture that says "flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom" and also the one that says "the soul that is sinning will die". We all sin so when we die that would simple mean our soul dies and goes back to the dust we are all made from.
    The bible also says at death our spirit or life force is what goes back to God or that gift of life. There are no scriptures at all anywhere in the Bible that says the soul goes to heaven or even could survive there.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 23:08
    Perhaps this scripture would be indicating that man can kill us on a temporary level but cannot kill us permently? Only God can put a complete end to ones life.
    Some say the soul is what lives on in heaven after death but you know the scripture that says "flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom" and also the one that says "the soul that is sinning w ...[text shortened]... at all anywhere in the Bible that says the soul goes to heaven or even could survive there.
    Excellent example [yet again] that nobody listens to what Jesus Christ preaches .. or at least does so conveniently.

Christ is clear that soul and body are two separate an distinct parts of a man. The body can be killed by anyone but only God can kill the soul. End of Story. Any effort to argue against that is just plain stupid. To further cement that doctrine Christ gave the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus whose souls apparently went to different places after death. Again you can argue all you like but the facts remain unchanged.

Christ was also clear that God is his Father an He is the Son of God. Two separate and distinct entities. But again that is twisted by Christianity.

As Usual .. Christ gives one story but people create their own doctrine.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 13:461 edit
    Some say the soul is what lives on in heaven after death but you know the scripture that says "flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom" and also the one that says "the soul that is sinning w at all anywhere in the Bible that says the soul goes to heaven or even could survive there.
    Perhaps this scripture would be indicating that man can kill us on a temporary level but cannot kill us permently?

I think the passage is clear. I think if a person does not want to receive the clear message there he may look for a way out by raising various questions.

If you want to take that body and soul are not identical in Matthew 10:28, then take it. If you don't want to take it, then just don't take it.

If I argue with you about your "perhaps" I think it will just obscure the matter. Man can kill the body but not the soul. God, can destroy "both".

Only God can put a complete end to ones life.

According to Matthew 10:28 man can end the life of man's body. But God can do more - He can destroy "both soul and body".

I find no need to hunt for some way to extract a meaning that BODY = SOUL.

Some say the soul is what lives on in heaven after death but you know the scripture that says "flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom" and also the one that says "the soul that is sinning will die".

Jesus said " ... do not fear those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul"

Man has the ABILITY to kill the body.
    Man DOES NOT have the ABILITY to kill the soul.

If they were the same then the ABILITY of man to kill one would be the ABILITY of man to kill the other. Because man is not ABLE to kill the soul WITH the body - they are not identically the same thing.

However with God, His ABILITY is greater. Regardless of the fact that SOUL and BODY are two different components, He is able to kill and destroy BOTH.

Take it or reject it. I take it. I don't need a red herring argument or a sidetrack to another argument.

We all sin so when we die that would simple mean our soul dies and goes back to the dust we are all made from.
    The bible also says at death our spirit or life force is what goes back to God or that gift of life. There are no scriptures at all anywhere in the Bible that says the soul goes to heaven or even could survive there.

You are adding other issues. But we are here only talking about the soul and the body being two components of man. Proving some argument about heaven, souls in heaven, spirit returning to God, etc. etc. do not effect the matter.

Those are interesting discussions. But they are not really effecting the clearness of the soul and body being TWO distinct components of man's make up.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 01:56
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Perhaps this scripture would be indicating that man can kill us on a temporary level but cannot kill us permently?

I think the passage is clear. I think if a person does not want to receive the clear message there he may look for a way out by raising various questions.

If you want to take that body and soul are not identical in [b ...[text shortened]... clearness of the soul and body being TWO distinct components of man's make up.
    Can you show a scripture that says the soul goes to heaven after death?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree