1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 03:222 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Can you show a scripture that says the soul goes to heaven after death?

No. And neither can anyone else. Incidently, that is not my belief.

At least I can prove that such a "naked" soul would be considered "unclothed". And that further indicates that the body and the soul are distinct. For the New Testament shows the body as a "clothing," of sorts, of the soul.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 03:42
    This is how some other Christians see what the Holy Bible teaches about death.

At the point of death, each of us will leave our earthly bodies in the grave
    and our disembodied souls will go immediately into the presence of God or into
    Hades, or perhaps they will remain as ghosts for awhile. Our destination is
    determined purely by our acceptance or rejection of God through our faith in
    Jesus Christ.

Prior to Jesus’ return, the resurrection and the judgment we will remain here,
    in heaven, or Hades until Jesus returns to earth and gives us all our resurrection
    bodies. While our experience after death will be tangible, it will not be complete.
    A complete afterlife can only be experienced with BOTH our body and our soul. So
    we’ll have to wait for either complete joy and satisfaction or complete judgment
    and justice.

After Jesus’ return, the resurrection and the judgment occurs. If we are saved
    believers, we will remain in Heaven but experience the fullness of the afterlife
    in our resurrected bodies. If we have rejected Jesus, we will move from Hades to
    Gehenna and experience the fullness of judgment.

This is what Paul said to the Corinthians,

So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are
    absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, yes,
    well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to
    Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may
    receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good
    or bad.
    (2 Corinthians 5:6-10 NKJV)
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 03:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    This is how some other Christians see what the Holy Bible teaches about death.

At the point of death, each of us will leave our earthly bodies in the grave
    and our disembodied souls will go immediately into the presence of God or into
    Hades, or perhaps they will remain as ghosts for awhile. Our destination is
    determined purely by our acceptance or reje ...[text shortened]... e in the body, according to what he has done, whether good
    or bad.
    (2 Corinthians 5:6-10 NKJV)
    Hum..I don't want to know what "some" Christians believe. I want to know what the bible says and that is, does the soul live on after death and go to heaven or hell? I want to see just ( 1 ) scripture that says that. Not 3 or 7 or 10 needed but just 1 will do.
    Take your time but I want to see that scripture..............
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 04:141 edit
    Hum..I don't want to know what "some" Christians believe. I want to know what the bible says and that is, does the soul live on after death and go to heaven or hell? I want to see just ( 1 ) scripture that says that. Not 3 or 7 or 10 needed but just 1 will do.
    Take your time but I want to see that scripture..............
    Didn't I just give you one. What in Hell do you think Paul is saying to the
    Corintians?

P.S. Think! Where was the Lord when Paul wrote this letter?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 15:01
    Didn't I just give you one. What in Hell do you think Paul is saying to the
    Corintians?

P.S. Think! Where was the Lord when Paul wrote this letter?
    Your completely not reading that scripture correctly.

Try this version to see if you get a better understanding. I doubt you will be here ya go:

2 Corinthians 5:6-10
    Good News Translation (GNT)

6 So we are always full of courage. We know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord's home.7 For our life is a matter of faith, not of sight.8 We are full of courage and would much prefer to leave our home in the body and be at home with the Lord.9 More than anything else, however, we want to please him, whether in our home here or there.10 For all of us must appear before Christ, to be judged by him. We will each receive what we deserve, according to everything we have done, good or bad, "in our bodily life."

This says nothing about the soul going to heaven but in verse 10 he's saying what we do in our live in the "bodily life" will be judged.

Where does this say his or anyones soul is going to heaven?????????????????

The Bible says: " The soul that is sinning will die". We all sin so all souls die!!!!!!!! Maybe your bible says that souls don't die but all others do.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 23:393 edits
    Your completely not reading that scripture correctly.

Try this version to see if you get a better understanding. I doubt you will be here ya go:

2 Corinthians 5:6-10
    Good News Translation (GNT)

6 So we are always full of courage. We know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord's home.7 For our life is a matter of so all souls die!!!!!!!! Maybe your bible says that souls don't die but all others do.
    It has already been pointed out to you that the body and the soul and the spirit of
    man can be separated according to scripture. The body and soul can die and the
    main cause is sin. But Christ has paid the price of death for sin to all that believe
    and put their faith in Him. So Paul is referring to the believer when he says that to
    be absent from the body is to be present with Christ the Lord who is now in Heaven.
    But at that time our soul must discard the body through the death of the
    body but for those that believe the soul will never die because Christ has now paid
    that price. (John 11:26)

P.S. Christ said, "And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
    (John 11:26 NKJV)
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 00:03
    It has already been pointed out to you that the body and the soul and the spirit of
    man can be separated according to scripture. The body and soul can die and the
    main cause is sin. But Christ has paid the price of death for sin to all that believe
    and put their faith in Him. So Paul is referring to the believer when he says that to
    be absent from the ...[text shortened]... "And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
    (John 11:26 NKJV)
    I'm not asking you that....Again you still have not answerd my question. Do souls go to heaven?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 01:141 edit
    I'm not asking you that....Again you still have not answerd my question. Do souls go to heaven?
    The souls of those who believe go to heaven to be with the Christ the Lord as Paul
    attest too. And as Christ says those souls that believe in him will never die. It is
    clear that Christ is not talking about the body because that would mean no one has
    ever believed in Christ since all the disciples bodies died. It is as plain as the nose
    on yor face.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 02:37
    The souls of those who believe go to heaven to be with the Christ the Lord as Paul
    attest too. And as Christ says those souls that believe in him will never die. It is
    clear that Christ is not talking about the body because that would mean no one has
    ever believed in Christ since all the disciples bodies died. It is as plain as the nose
    on yor face.
    Ok so AGAIN show me a scripture that you base this belief on from the Bible that a soul can go to heaven????????????????????????????
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 03:361 edit
    Ok so AGAIN show me a scripture that you base this belief on from the Bible that a soul can go to heaven????????????????????????????
    I thought I showed you, but perhaps we have a misunderstanding. Do you have
    a scripture that demonstrates what you are talking about that says that ALL souls
    go somewhere else other than heaven?

P.S. I never claimed ALL souls go to Heaven.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 03:58
    I thought I showed you, but perhaps we have a misunderstanding. Do you have
    a scripture that demonstrates what you are talking about that says that ALL souls
    go somewhere else other than heaven?

P.S. I never claimed ALL souls go to Heaven.
    Ezekiel 18:4
    Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

4 Lo, all the souls are Mine, As the soul of the father, So also the soul of the son -- they are Mine, The soul that is sinning -- it doth die.

All of us are the souls which is the same the human body, and all sin and as a result we all go to the grave after death.
    Now as the fleshly body returns back to the dust in which we were made, the only thing that goes back to God is the life force we all have or our spirit. Nothing of any fleshly nature goes to heaven but it dies and goes back to the ground.

1 Corinthians 15:50
    New Living Translation (NLT)

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

So I know what you believe and that is the body and soul are two different things and that the soul continues on to heaven to some after life.
    That is not a Bioble teaching and has pagan origins and not one scripture in the Bible says the soul lives on after death. The Bible clearly says it dies because it is our flesh and cannot enter into heaven.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 07:561 edit

4 Lo, all the souls are Mine, As the soul of the father, So also the soul of the son -- they are Mine, The soul that is sinning -- it doth die.

All of us are the souls which is the same the human body, and all sin and as a result we all go to the grave after death.
    Now as the fleshly body retu ...[text shortened]... ter death. The Bible clearly says it dies because it is our flesh and cannot enter into heaven.
    It seems that your only interest in the matter has to do with whether or not souls go to heaven. It seems that this is the only important thing to you, to prove that souls don't go to heaven upon death or at any other time.

I told you that I agreed with you and you have the right to press the matter with someone else if you wish. But there are other very important issues of the tripartite man related to the Christian life besides "How and do souls go to heaven?"

For example, to understand walking in the Spirit it is important to know the regenerated human spirit. For the righteous requirement of the law is fulfilled in those who mind the regenerated human spirit (Rom. 8:4) and take advantage of the NT reality - "He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)

In regeneration the Holy Spirit becomes mingled with the human spirit to bring the human spirit out of its comatose state to be enlivened.

I don't think you know anything about this from your Jehovah's Witness teaching. I think if "spirit and soul and body" (1 Thess. 5:23) is mentioned the ONLY concern you have is the debate about souls going to heaven.

Comment on this please.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 08:25

Now as the fleshly body retu ...[text shortened]... ter death. The Bible clearly says it dies because it is our flesh and cannot enter into heaven.
    I saw nothing there that says the soul is the same as the body. Besides, you have
    already been given scripture that divide the soul from the body and even from the
    spirit. If the soul were the same as the human body, then how do you explain
    Christ telling his disciples that anyone living will never die if they believe in Him?
    Their bodies all died, not one is alive today. How can Paul say that being absent
    from the body is present with Christ and being present in the body is being absent
    from Christ? How does this all make sense if the human body is the same as the
    soul? Are you also saying that the Kingdom of God is Heaven?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 08:381 edit
    STOP being rude you fool. I obviously know the answers and would diffenently not be asking you for anything concerning spiritual matters. I'm asking you what you believe or are you just to dumb to know that?
    It's good to see that RJ's style here irks you, as both you and robbie will sometimes take a similar deflecting approach when under hard scrutiny about your unorthodox beliefs.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 08:40
    I saw nothing there that says the soul is the same as the body. Besides, you have
    already been given scripture that divide the soul from the body and even from the
    spirit. If the soul were the same as the human body, then how do you explain
    Christ telling his disciples that anyone living will never die if they believe in Him?
    Their bodies all died, not ...[text shortened]... the human body is the same as the
    soul? Are you also saying that the Kingdom of God is Heaven?
    To my first post in this thread which you never replied to... "what is your point?"

What's all this about? Souls, spirits - does anything bring new truth about salvation?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree