1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 20:24
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Didn't last long did it?...
    The apology? I kinda want to punch your face in. I don't accept dishonesty. But irl you would find me meek enough.
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 20:29
    I don't think you are dishonest on purpose, tw. You are all over the map, so sometimes you are not as sharp as you want to be. What does it take for you to fully engage. I want access to your mind.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 20:48
    Originally posted by apathist
    I don't think you are dishonest on purpose, tw. You are all over the map, so sometimes you are not as sharp as you want to be. What does it take for you to fully engage. I want access to your mind.
    I think, if twhitehead is a map, you have completely misread him.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 21:14
    story of my life
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 23:01
    I think it comes back to the way he views consciousness.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 00:25
    Is it not obvious?
    Here are some issues you have brought up:
    1. A supposed Infinite regress.
    This doesn't go away when you drop the truth requirement.
    2. The inability to know whether something you think you know is true.
    3. Your slippery slope argument about justification follows from the infinite regress problem.
    He said, wishfully.

1. the regress is real

2. worth exploring

3. Not slippery, just needs acknowledged. Maybe you have a point here.

I am not your nemesis. Am just a random thinker. Get over yourself.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 07:25
    I don't think you are dishonest on purpose, tw.
    Methinks you don't know what the word 'dishonest' means.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 07:29
    He said, wishfully.
    1. the regress is real
    2. worth exploring
    3. Not slippery, just needs acknowledged. Maybe you have a point here.
    I am not your nemesis. Am just a random thinker. Get over yourself.
    I never thought you were my nemesis. And I note that you have not understood my post in the slightest. I pointed out that the problems don't go away when you remove the truth requirement. You asked for clarification. I provided it. You appear to have either forgotten that, or agreed with me - its not clear from the above.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 09:19
    I never thought you were my nemesis. And I note that you have not understood my post in the slightest. I pointed out that the problems don't go away when you remove the truth requirement. You asked for clarification. I provided it. You appear to have either forgotten that, or agreed with me - its not clear from the above.
    So assume that K is JB. What problems do you see that did not exist when K was JTB?

btw You are not a clear speaker. You pronounce and move on. I am muddled myself and so need like extra clarity.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 09:362 edits
    So assume that K is JB. What problems do you see that did not exist when K was JTB?
    None other than it causes confusion because it doesn't match with our every day understanding of the word.
    Definitions ultimately do not change reality, they are just a way of communicating. Definitions that make communication harder by confusing the listener are counter productive. If you want to discus justified belief, then why not just call it justified belief. You seem quite OK with using the abbreviation JB so saying that you need a shorter word is hardly an excuse for taking another word that typically means something else.

btw You are not a clear speaker.
    Have you considered that the problem lies with you? Nobody else seems to have trouble understanding my posts. Further, you tend to act like you did understand them but didn't like the content. Your main complaint seems to be that I don't agree with everything you say.

I started in this thread by pointing out that the OP seems to be self contradictory (obvious to everyone and probably intentional) and doesn't fit with the standard definition for 'knowledge'. You seem to think that I should have written a 1000 word essay on the subject. This is an internet forum. I come here as a break between writing code, watching youtube and various other things. I don't come here to write books.

I have suggested multiple times that when something isn't clear, you ask for clarification. But you don't. Instead you start with criticism, rudeness and accusations, and occasionally making up what you think I would have said if I were you. A few posts ago, you took the right approach and asked for clarification, albeit rudely, and I took the time to explain - at which point you acted like you couldn't remember that you asked and tried to criticize my explanation out of context. You are yet to acknowledge that I was correct.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 09:45
    None other than it causes confusion because it doesn't match with our every day understanding of the word.
    Knowledge is our understanding. Which changes as we learn more.

That is how the real world uses the word.
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 09:48
    Have you considered that the problem lies with you?...
    yes

Are you stronger, when I am weaker.
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 09:56
    Originally posted by twhitehead... A few posts ago, you took the right approach and asked for clarification, albeit rudely, and I took the time to explain - at which point you acted like you couldn't remember that you asked and tried to criticize my explanation out of context. You are yet to acknowledge that I was correct.
    You are the bomb. tw, but human knowledge is still not truth. It is just our best guess.
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 13:12
    btw You are not a clear speaker.
    Have you considered that the problem lies with you? Nobody else seems to have trouble understanding my posts.
    Silence is not acceptance. Although yes you are a force of nature. Kinda cool in your way.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 15:12
    Knowledge is our understanding. Which changes as we learn more.

That is how the real world uses the word.
    I note that you didn't respond to my posts about that. Please go back and respond to them.

Do you believe that Newton knew the laws of motion of real world objects?
    Do you believe that Freaky knows the earth is flat?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree