1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 01:26
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Actually your wrong but that's ok. We have to know and understand if nothing else a very basic knowledge of what other religions teach because of our door to door work. We meet every concievable religion and belief at the doors. So in order to know why they believe as they do and to hopefully answer their questions or objections to issues in the Bible we have to know at least a little of what they believe and why.
    No you dont know what other religons teach, you know how and where it contradicts your beliefs, and how to rectify those "erroneous" beliefs.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 01:311 edit
    Actually your wrong but that's ok. We have to know and understand if nothing else a very basic knowledge of what other religions teach because of our door to door work. We meet every concievable religion and belief at the doors. So in order to know why they believe as they do and to hopefully answer their questions or objections to issues in the Bible we have to know at least a little of what they believe and why.
    Even from what you've posted here, it seems that your willingness to listen is limited to finding how to best present your dogma. It is not so much an interest in "finding truth", as it is to determine how to best deliver the "truth" you believe you already have.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 01:35
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    No you dont know what other religons teach, you know how and where it contradicts your beliefs, and how to rectify those "erroneous" beliefs.
    Think he'll "listen" to this truth?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 03:16
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Well if you say so. But if you ever get to see one of our publications named "Mankinds Search for God", check it out. It will change your mind.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 03:19
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Even from what you've posted here, it seems that your willingness to listen is limited to finding how to best present your dogma. It is not so much an interest in "finding truth", as it is to determine how to best deliver the "truth" you believe you already have.
    Just because you don't like it does not mean it's wrong. It's just wrong to you. And if you thought you had a truth that would help people in spiritual ways, would you share it with others or just keep it to yourself?
  6. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 05:391 edit
    Just because you don't like it does not mean it's wrong. It's just wrong to you. And if you thought you had a truth that would help people in spiritual ways, would you share it with others or just keep it to yourself?
    The reason many refuse the scriptures is the flesh warring the truth of their being, and so one loses who they are due to not knowing this, which is why they are so advocate the opposite of it, not to mention the enormous amount of hypocrisy of most religions not LIVING what the scriptures teach...
  7. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 06:17
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    The reason many refuse the scriptures is the flesh warring the truth of their being, and so one loses who they are due to not knowing this, which is why they are so advocate the opposite of it, not to mention the enormous amount of hypocrisy of most religions not LIVING what the scriptures teach...
    You've done it again T&L - what the hell are you saying here? Or let me pull some of my hair out and then do a 'Taco' - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING HERE?
    The reason many refuse scriptures is because they're full of crap.
    Perhaps I should be a bit more specific - they are bigoted, ignorant, violent, repressive, hateful, shameful, and atrocious.

Oh, and they're pretty boring too.
  8. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 06:44
    Originally posted by amannion
    You've done it again T&L - what the hell are you saying here? Or let me pull some of my hair out and then do a 'Taco' - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING HERE?
    The reason many refuse scriptures is because they're full of crap.
    Perhaps I should be a bit more specific - they are bigoted, ignorant, violent, repressive, hateful, shameful, and atrocious.

Oh, and they're pretty boring too.
    Care for a game of blitz? lol
  9. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 06:51
    It's obvious I create a bit too much a stir, so when I feel I have stepped over one's border of knowledge and whatever I post is thrown back at me, I'll step away from what I would like to bring to attention...

I would love a game of chess if you are for it..
  10. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 07:27
    It's obvious I create a bit too much a stir, so when I feel I have stepped over one's border of knowledge and whatever I post is thrown back at me, I'll step away from what I would like to bring to attention...

I would love a game of chess if you are for it..
    Oh c'mon T&L, don't sook. Get in there and have back at us. We don't want to destroy you, we want to argue with you.
    C'mon and argue ... if you dare!
  11. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 07:301 edit
    Arguing is so silly
    blitz game?
    I got another 25 min. online? yes?
  12. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 07:39
    Arguing is so silly
    blitz game?
    I got another 25 min. online? yes?
    I'm not a member so I'm limited to 6 games. Keep me in mind for later though, I'm always up for a game.
    I regular game with a raving fundamentalist from Oregon. We've been at it for years- it's great.
  13. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 07:56
    Originally posted by amannion
    I'm not a member so I'm limited to 6 games. Keep me in mind for later though, I'm always up for a game.
    I regular game with a raving fundamentalist from Oregon. We've been at it for years- it's great.
    You mean you have never played a live blitz game on here before?

Right by the icon "Sieges" on your right side corner you will see 3 different boxes you can click, and "blitz" have's you have a live blitz game right then and there.. =]

Tonight I cannot, I'm off in a few, but possibly tomorrow, sure =]
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 08:06
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Think he'll "listen" to this truth?
    truth hurts....so, no!
  15. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 08:08
    You mean you have never played a live blitz game on here before?

Right by the icon "Sieges" on your right side corner you will see 3 different boxes you can click, and "blitz" have's you have a live blitz game right then and there.. =]

Tonight I cannot, I'm off in a few, but possibly tomorrow, sure =]
    Give me a yell tomorrow and I'm in ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree