truth hurts....so, no!
    Truth only hurts when you don't know it
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 08:09
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well if you say so. But if you ever get to see one of our publications named "Mankinds Search for God", check it out. It will change your mind.
    By this reply I assume that your beliefs have been totally tailored to suit the JWs.
    You have the right to self determination yet you choose to not choose when it comes to most things ,(most "spiritual" subjects ). I'm confused...or is this another one of those paradoxy thingys?
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 17:341 edit
    Just because you don't like it does not mean it's wrong. It's just wrong to you. And if you thought you had a truth that would help people in spiritual ways, would you share it with others or just keep it to yourself?
    You seem to have lost the context of this discussion. In the following post you seemed to suggest an earnest openness by all participants as to what others are saying in an attempt to "find the truth".
    But if we all would listen on others comments then we learn what their saying which would help us all to find the truth. I think we all would like to have all the answers and sometimes by listening we might find them.

However the reality is that the JWs are not open to what others are saying as you've subsequently shown. Hence I was correct in doubting your sincerity. The point is your lack of sincerity.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 17:383 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    truth hurts....so, no!
    Yeah, truth only hurts when an individual holds a world view that is false.

As an example, in another thread RC told a lie in a misguided attempt to preserve his world view. Then he tried all manner of dishonest tactics in order to avoid admitting his lie. It was a really sorry display. We'll likely continue to see the same from G75.
  5. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 18:30
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Look, the forums can often become rife with squabbling. The best you can do is stick it out and try to argue your case as cogently as possible. What really annoys people on the forum is when someone repeatedly quotes Scripture, offering no argument, interpretation or even any comment -- as if their belief is self-evident and everyone else fails to understan ...[text shortened]... early, use good arguments and acknowledge when someone has presented you with a solid objection.
    Well said.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 18:56
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    By this reply I assume that your beliefs have been totally tailored to suit the JWs.
    You have the right to self determination yet you choose to not choose when it comes to most things ,(most "spiritual" subjects ). I'm confused...or is this another one of those paradoxy thingys?
    No we don't tailor anything. We believe in what the Bible says. For instance it clearly says to obstain from idols. So we have nothing to do with idols. It says to obstain from blood. So we have nothing to with blood.
    This is just two examples of God's commands that we take seriously and it is not open to opinion or what others might think or feel one way or the other.
    The Bible says do not murder. Is that open to be tailord by opinion or some religious thought? Certianly not.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 18:58
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You seem to have lost the context of this discussion. In the following post you seemed to suggest an earnest openness by all participants as to what others are saying in an attempt to "find the truth".
    [quote]But if we all would listen on others comments then we learn what their saying which would help us all to find the truth. I think we all would lik ...[text shortened]... y shown. Hence I was correct in doubting your sincerity. The point is your lack of sincerity.
    But being open does not mean you have to agree, right?
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 20:52
    But being open does not mean you have to agree, right?
    Ultimately no one has to agree, but that is not the point.

The point is your lack of sincerity. Your disingenuousness. Your use of deceit.
  9. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 11:17
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Even from what you've posted here, it seems that your willingness to listen is limited to finding how to best present your dogma. It is not so much an interest in "finding truth", as it is to determine how to best deliver the "truth" you believe you already have.
    Which really neatly describes the human condition. We all do this to a greater or lesser degree. We are all guilty of being dogmatic at times - even you ToO..........................even you

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree