We Will Be Like Him

We Will Be Like Him

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Jun 17

Originally posted by sonship
It is sad that wolfgang59 is projecting his own mundane and sinful monotony ONTO the eternal salvation in Jesus Christ. What a tragic deception he is under.

Tragic deception or not, I asked a civil question which you choose not to answer.
Or cannot.

And talking of sinful monotony.
Can you shorten your prose?
I'm wasting so much ink.

F

Moves
24 Jun 17

It is sad that wolfgang59 is projecting his own mundane and sinful monotony ONTO the eternal salvation in Jesus Christ. What a tragic deception he is under. .
You should start a blog and you could deliver your self-sanctified monologues there, uninterrupted, while deleting all questions and observations that you didn't like, couldn't deal with head on, or that bruised or undermined your vanity. And then you could treat this place as the debate and discussion forum for people of all beliefs that it was intended to be.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17
2 edits

Originally posted by wolfgang59
If everyone has the same likes, attitudes, tastes, feelings, loves and hates.

What will differentiate you all?
Effectively everyone will cease to be.

You'll be DEAD.
Your question was addressed.
And the additional assertion you made ("you are DEAD" ) was countered by extending the reply to include it.

In brief again, God's limitless eternal life is being more and more transparently expressed unlimitedly. And this truth is communicated to us in Revelation in such signs as the twelve fruits of the tree of life and the twelve kinds of precious stones of the wall of the New Jerusalem.

If this is a waste of your time, you should go off and do whatever you think is more profitable to your time.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17
2 edits

As you can see. the bitter vehemence and anger against the revelation of God is shown in the posts of some people.

They seem to just hate what they hate what they hate about Christ and His salvation.
Now there will be self pitying protest of being picked on.

How bigoted.
How unfair.
"Don't they realize how good a person I am?"
"I am just so perfect you see?
But I can accuse Christians of anything I imagine to accuse them of. "

Perhaps examples will be demanded or an apology will be demanded.

It is not a matter of being a good man. It is a matter of being a God-man.
We will be like Him or we will see Him even as He is.

"Even THIS terrible person will be like Christ ???" As if there is no hope for anyone who is saved.

God is the God of eternal encouragement. If I can become like Him then there is hope for any other brother or sister Christians to become like Him.

And just as importantly, ANYONE who puts their live into the hands of Jesus Christ can be assured that they will be "LIKE HIM" .

Even I can become like Him.
So can any of you who are saved by the Lord Jesus Christ.

F

Moves
24 Jun 17
1 edit

As you can see. the bitter vehemence and anger against the revelation of God is shown in the posts of some people.

They seem to just hate what they hate what they hate about Christ and His salvation.
Now there will be self pitying protest of being picked on.

How bigoted.
How unfair.
"Don't thy realize how good a person I am?"
"I am just so perfect you see?
But I can accuse Christians of anything I imagine to accuse them of. "

Perhaps examples will be demanded or an apology will be demanded.

"Even THIS terrible person will be like Christ ???" As if there is no hope for anyone who is saved.

God is the God of eternal encouragement. If I can become like Him then there is hope for any other brother or sister Christians to become like Him.

And just as importantly, ANYONE who puts their live into the hands of Jesus Christ can be assured that they will be "LIKE HIM" .

Even I can become like Him.
So can any of you who are saved by the Lord Jesus Christ.

Are you being a little bit like Christ when you write screeds like this?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Tragic deception or not, I asked a civil question which you choose not to answer.
Or cannot.

And talking of sinful monotony.
I'm wasting so much ink.

This is pretty concise:

" Beloved, now we are the children of God, and it has not yet been manifested what we will be. We know that if He is manifested, we will be like Him because we will see Him even as He is."

And I just have to add this little bit more which is important prose too.

"And everyone who has this hope [i]set on Him purifies himself, even as He is pure." (v.3) [/b]

To receive more and more of the Holy Spirit to saturate your soul, this purifies the man or woman.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Readers please notice that the persistent like of inquiry like this:

tends to be the drip, drip, drip of accusation. It seeks to argue - 'You are not like Jesus. He is not like Jesus. She is not like Jesus."

The questioning wants to force faith to sound like self righteousness. If we proclaim our hope in the word of God then we are being self justifying.

I want the seekers and believers in Jesus here to notice that the overcomers are said to bring in the kingdom of God be the the word of their testimony. We believers in Christ can overcome the enemy by the blood of redemption, by proclaiming the facts of the word of His promise which is truth, and by loving the Lord Jesus above out own independent soul-lives inherited from the fallen Adam.

" Now has come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ, for the accuser of our brothers has been cast down, who accuses them before our God day and night.

And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they loved not their soul-life even unto death." (Rev. 12:10,12)

I like verse 11 which does not say that they overcame the accuser because they no longer made any mistakes. But it says they overcame the one who accuses day and night by "the blood of the Lamb".

Praise God for the firm foundation in the redemption of Jesus Christ.

We will be like Him and we overcome the accuser by the blood of the Lamb.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Jun 17

Forgive me folks. But to stimulate some discussion at least, I'll have to dignify this not too good post from Rajk999.

Who are the WE, in 'We will be like Him'?

The audience of [b]First John
which i would definitely include all the genuine Christians throughout the ages.

[quote] " Behold what manner of love the Fat ...[text shortened]... a glory that we are now on our way to being transformed into the same image by the Lord Spirit.
Genuine Christians? You are gradually changing your tune.
Some time ago it was all Christians.
So there are Christians who are not genuine.
I see my posts are changing you.
Too much pride to come out and say that Im right?

I notice that you avoid threads where you dont have a case. eg
1. Can A Saved Person be Cast out of Gods Kingdom?
2. Judgments - One or Two?
3. Best and Worse.

In 1, Checkbaiter is struggling hopelessly to explain and to support from the Bible what he believes. You would as well that is why you are staying out.
In 2 you keep away because you promote the idea that Matt 25 judgment is at the start of the 1000 year period, something which the Bible does not say at all.
In 3. Paul and Christ clearly identified 3 kinds of Christians, good, average and bad. with their respective consequences. You dont believe Paul or Christ.

So Yes .. you are a false teacher.

F

Moves
24 Jun 17

Readers please notice that the persistent like of inquiry like this:

tends to be the drip, drip, drip of accusation. It seeks to argue - 'You are not like Jesus. He is not like Jesus. She is not like Jesus."

The questioning wants to force faith to sound like self righteousne ...[text shortened]... on of Jesus Christ.

We will be like Him and we overcome the accuser by the blood of the Lamb.
yes, but what about my question? Are you being a little bit like Christ when you write screeds like these? You are either putting your Christian faith into action or you're not. Sometimes your ideology seems completely impotent in so far as it has no application to real lives in the real world. You don't even seem able to apply what you preach to yourself. Are you trying to be Christlike here, can I at least ask you that without popping the bubble of your soliloquy?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17
1 edit

"We will be like Him."

God is both RIGHTEOUS and FAITHFUL to make the believers LIKE HIMSELF.

Whether God decides He likes me today or does not like me today, it is a matter of His righteousness that He cause me to become forever LIKE HIM. It is His covenant to which He must be faithful.

Love makes the motive sweet. But RIGHTEOUSNESS makes the action judicially reliable. This is the firm foundation of the believer's foundation.

Oh, how the evil spirits hate this firm foundation of the Gospel of Christ.
This righteousness ( in addition to divine Love) is the power of God unto salvation.

" For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one who believes, both to Jew first and to Greek.

For the righteousness of God is revealed in it out of faith to faith, as it is written, But the righteous shall have life and live by faith." (Rom. 1:16,17)

F

Moves
24 Jun 17

Oh, how the evil spirits hate this firm foundation of the Gospel of Christ.
This righteousness ( in addition to divine Love) is the power of God unto salvation.
Does any of this righteousness shine through in your interpersonal relationships in this community?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17
4 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
You'll notice that Rajk999 will try very hard to pull EVERY thread (it seems that he has with me) to be about the SAME discussion.

Genuine Christians? You are gradually changing your tune.
Some time ago it was all Christians.
So there are Christians who are not genuine.
I see my posts are changing you.

A few years ago, I wrote on this Forum one important passage which bears repeating now. It is the wonderful rule of Second Timothy 2:19.

I expounded on this a few years ago.

" However the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, The Lord knows those who are His, and, Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from unrighteousness." ( 2 Timothy 2:19)

Rajk9999 struts about now boasting that I have learned anything new from his diatribes.

This verse has two important truths concerning God;s church.

1. The Lord KNOWS those who belong to Him.

Sure, we may make a mistake. But God KNOWS those who have His life. God KNOWS those in whom He has imparted Christ. God KNOWS those into whom He has dispensed His Holy Spirit.

We who are of the church universal should not TRY to be ambiguous about it. But the fact of the matter is that sometime we will makes mistakes. The principle and the fact are different.

In principle why should be attempt to be unclear about who is the Lord's ?
But in fact sometimes we may overlook someone or falsely include someone.
The Lord knows who are His - who have His divine life.

2.) Everyone who names the name of the Lord should depart from evil. Of course having the Lord's life we should seek that that divine life deliver us from unrighteous living.

Rajk999 loves to imagine that this is not important to me.

Here again are these two old important aspects of the firm foundation of the truth of the Gospel.
"However the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal."

Number 1:

"The Lord knows those who are His, ... "

And gloriously Number 2 as well:
" ... and, let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from unrighteousness."

F

Moves
24 Jun 17

Don't forget - "We Will Be Like Him"
When you say "will", do you mean 'after you die', as opposed to it starting to show itself during your lifetime?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17

Paul is saying that WE ARE ... (as living now and unto the future) are BEING transformed into the same image.

" But we all ..."

"WE ALL" of course includes the Apostle Paul himself.

"But we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory even as from the Lord Spirit."

What Paul does not say is that we cannot cause the process to be retarded.
He does does not say that all advance at the same pace and at the same time.
This would be idealism to assume this.

The process may be arrested and procrastination may ensue. However, it is a process of sanctification that every believer will undergo.

And from one degree of expression to another degree of expression to another, to another to another - "from glory to glory" the saved man or woman is to be like Him.

As man deep in his spirit beholds and reflects the Lord Jesus spiritually, he will arrive at the same image,. We will one day see Him as He is and be like Him.

" Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not yet been manifested what we will be. We know that if He is manifested, we will be like Him because we will see Him even as He is." (1 John 3:2)

This multitude in heaven apparently is LIKE HIM and sees things as through the eyes of Christ and His Father. The rejoicing is great as the judgment of God upon His enemies renders them defeated forever.

"After these things i heard as it were a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, Hallelujah! The salvation and the glory and the power are of our God.

For true and righteous are His judgments; for He has judged the great harlot who corrupted the earth with her fornication, and He avenged the blood of His slaves at her hand.

And a second time the said, Hallelujah! And her smoke goes up forever and ever." (Rev. 19:1-3)

There seems not a depressed one among them.
As God sees reality they too see reality.
Probably at this point the full subtly of the Devil has been make naked and exposed that only Hallelujah! can result in him being so crushed and defeated by God.

"We shall be like Him"

The pushback I expect for this post will be to try to get me to identify exactly WHO is the one being so judged there. This is to force the Christian to appear hateful and bigoted.

In principle the specific revelation is about the eternal judgment of those who have corrupted the earth and been a cause of the shedding of the blood of Christian saints.

The main point of my post is that those conformed to the image of Christ fully, rejoice fully in the true and righteous eternal judgment of God's enemies there.

"And a second time they said, Hallelujah! And her smoke goes up forever and ever."

Moves
24 Jun 17
1 edit

As you can see. the bitter vehemence and anger against the revelation of God is shown in the posts of some people..
Good grief. Your sanctimonious self-righteousness and spiritual self-important makes me wince with embarrassment.