We Will Be Like Him

We Will Be Like Him

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
You'll notice that Rajk999 will try very hard to pull EVERY thread (it seems that he has with me) to be about the SAME discussion.

Genuine Christians? You are gradually changing your tune.
Some time ago it was all Christians.
So there are Christians who are not genuine.
I see my posts are changing you.

A few [b] years
...[text shortened]... ... and, let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from unrighteousness." [/b] [/quote][/b]
You are such a lying deceitful snake sonship.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Today as we are being made like Him the Christian has to be burdened for the lost.
How can we not feel that others should be told the Gospel ?
We have to have a burden that others be given a chance to hear about the salvation of Christ as we were.

The day will come when we will be like Him in regard to realizing His judgments are "true and righteous" and that even if the smoke of the vanquished ones goes up forever and ever.

We will be like Him.

And even if this is hard to imagine, regardless God shall wipe away EVERY tear from our eyes. All tears we experience today , God shall wipe away. God shall wipe away every tear and lead the saved to fountains of waters of divine life.

" For the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and guide them to springs of waters of life;

and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." (Rev. 7:16,17)

Maybe that very last second of our being transformed to be like Christ, seeing all things as seen through the eyes of God, will be for Him to wipe away all tears from our eyes. I don't know.

I do know that 'We WILL BE LIKE HIM."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
You are such a lying deceitful snake sonship.
Identify the lie I told.

Moves
24 Jun 17
2 edits

"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We wi ...[text shortened]... e will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"

...and so on and so forth...
I remember certain ministers from my youth who use to preach using this technique of an almost mantra or tantric like repeat of a key phrase which they wanted the congration to remember. I didn't like the sound of it then and I've not liked the technique since.

I'm sure your inderlying message is well intended, but I find you to be way to self-absorbed, somewhat pseudo-mystic in your approach and as I've said before, more than a little strange in your beliefs. If that makes me a bad person in your eyes and in danger of your eternal suffering...then so be it. It's not Christ I reject, it's you. Too much of you chap.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17

I don't know if Rajk999 is mad with me because i used the phrase "Genuine Christian".

This is nothing to be enraged with me about. If the New Testament did not talk about the wheat and the tares then there would be no need for the usage of such a phrase as "Genuine Christian".

If the New Testament did not encourage us that "The Lord knows those who are His" the perhaps there would be no cause to use such a phrase as "Genuine Christian".

At any rate I have asked Rajk999 to specifically point out the LIE I told by which he accuses me of being a liar. Let's see what he comes up with to back up his accusation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17
4 edits

I remember certain ministers from my youth who use to preach using this technique of an almost mantra or tantric like repeat of a key phrase which they wanted the congration to remember. I didn't like it the sound of it then and I've not liked the technique since.

You like repetition when it is talking about His mercy endures forever.
You often refer to Psalm 136 either by allusion or quotation.

So it not alright for me to use some repetition in showing essentially the SAME THING? His mercy will render us eventually to be like Him.

This is rather hypocritical of you.
Repetition is good for you to argue.
But repetition is not good for me to argue.

I'm sure your inderlying message is well intended,

Good enough for some.

but I find you to be way to self-absorbed,

I encourage readers to be absorbed with Jesus the Savior.
The message is not that we shall be like sonship. It is that we shall be like Jesus Christ.

And it does bear some repeating. We often forget.
We should not.

somewhat pseudo-mystic in your approach and as I've said before, more than a little strange in your beliefs.

You could identify what is strange about First John 3:1-3. .

And though other words are used elsewhere, the same concept is often repeated in the New Testament.

In how many different ways does the New Testament tells us of the Christians destiny to be like Jesus Christ? What do you think the process of sanctification is for?

Why not repeat "We will be like Him" which is a simple way of expressing what is repeated many many times and in many other ways in the New Testament ?

If that makes me a bad person in your eyes and in danger of your eternal suffering...then so be it. It's not Christ I reject, it's you. Too much of you chap.

You're the one who insists that to believe in the words of Jesus in a number of places makes me unlike God.

If I quote Matthew 25:41,46 as part of my belief or Revelation 20:10,15 which are by no means the only verses I talk about, then you say I am different from God's in character.

But unless God changes, my destiny is to see everything as He Himself sees them in terms of true and right judgment.

Concerning your most prominent criticisms of me I think there are only a few alternatives for you:

1.) Prove that Jesus didn't speak certain things the New Testament say He spoke.

2.) Prove that an interpretation of eternal suffering is wrong and should be replaced by annihilation into non-existence.

3.) Prove that God will change by the time we all who have believed into Christ become like Him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17

Psalm 136 repeats over and over again after every line practically that God mercy endures forever and ever.

Divegeester likes that kind of repetition.
No complaint of its pseudo mystic style there because it proclaims what he is interested in proclaiming.

I write a few times "We will be like Him" which is really the result of His mercy being forever and ever, and I'm self absorbed and pseudo mystical.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17
3 edits

"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
"We will be like Him"
Fourteen of the 26 verses of the wonderful Psalm 136 [NIV ]

Psalm 136
1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.
His love endures forever.
2 Give thanks to the God of gods.
3 Give thanks to the Lord of lords:
4 to him who alone does great wonders,
5 who by his understanding made the heavens,
6 who spread out the earth upon the waters,
7 who made the great lights—
8 the sun to govern the day,
9 the moon and stars to govern the night;
10 to him who struck down the firstborn of Egypt
11 and brought Israel out from among them
12 with a mighty hand and outstretched arm;
13 to him who divided the Red Sea[a] asunder
14 and brought Israel through the midst of it,

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17
1 edit

[b]You are such a lying deceitful snake sonship.
[/b]
identify the lie.
Where is the deceit that I wrote ?

Quote me.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17
2 edits

If I quote Matthew 25:41,46 as part of my belief or Revelation 20:10,15 which are by no means the only verses I talk about, then you say I am different from God in character.

But unless God changes, my destiny is to see everything as He Himself sees them in terms of true and right judgment.

Concerning your most prominent criticisms of me I think there are only a few alternatives for you:

1.) Prove that Jesus didn't speak certain things the New Testament says He spoke.

2.) Prove that an interpretation of eternal suffering is wrong and should be replaced by annihilation into non-existence.

3.) Prove that God will change by the time we all who have believed into Christ become like Him.

T

Moves
24 Jun 17
3 edits

[b] " Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not yet been manifested what we will be. We know that if He is manifested, we will be like Him because we will see Him even as He is." (1 John 3:2)

In eternity we will be like Christ.
We will have His attitudes and tastes and feeling.
What He loves we will love.
What He hates w ...[text shortened]... ved person who receives the life of God mingled into his life.

"We will be like Him." [/b]
The author of 1 John goes on to say what he had in mind when he said, "we shall be like Him".

1 John 3
4Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
7Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

Seems that somehow you've skipped exactly what's required to "be like Him"

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17
4 edits

I'm sure your inderlying message is well intended, but I find you to be way to self-absorb our eternal suffering...then so be it. It's not Christ I reject, it's you. Too much of you chap.[/b]
If that makes me a bad person in your eyes and in danger of your eternal suffering...then so be it. It's not Christ I reject, it's you. Too much of you chap.

Old chap please quote me where I said you are in danger of eternal suffering, where I personally made that charge about you because you have your belief in annihilation.

Can you produce this because I think you are exaggerating.

Over a year ago with someone, I identified a few prominent evangelical Christian teachers who have moved away from the teaching of eternal suffering. IE. I still listen to videos and read books by William Lane Craig even though he is one who seems not to endorse traditional concepts of eternal suffering. Clarke Pinnock also was a staple of college Christian literature when I was younger. He has moved away from conscious eternal punishment.

I never brandished help fire against YOU because you didn't believe what I did about certain verses.

I haven't changed my attitude and you're grandstanding or exaggerating.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Jun 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
The author of 1 john goes on to say what he had in mind when he said, "we shall be like Him".

1 John 3
4Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6[b]No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or ...[text shortened]... rother and sister.

Seems that somehow you've skipped exactly what's required to "be like Him"
Lol .. just repeat it over and over and you will be like Jesus Christ.
Truly a doctrine of simpletons.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]The author of 1 john goes on to say what he had in mind when he said, "we shall be like Him".
1 John 3
4Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
7Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

Seems that somehow you've skipped exactly what's required to "be like Him"[/b]

The main point of this thread has not been on that important aspect of the verse. It has rather been on the FACT that the Christians as children of God will be like Him.

Having said that, I would remind you that I did include the verse about PURIFYING which would touch on the HOW of preparation to become like Him.

I did not "skip" but included John's own words here:

" And everyone who has this hope set on Him purifies himself even as He is pure." (v.3)

And to this quotation I included this comment:

To receive more and more of the Holy Spirit to saturate your soul, this purifies the man or woman.

There is no being made holy apart from the Holy Spirit.
I also spoke of transformation by the Lord Spirit into the same image in Second Corinthians 3:17,18

There is no contradiction in these brief explanations I offered and John's words in verses 6 through 10.

Careful comparison of verses 6 through 10 with other passages on the processes of sanctification and transformation yield no contradiction.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jun 17

Lol .. just repeat it over and over and you will be like Jesus Christ.
Truly a doctrine of simpletons.
Are you being cowardly?

Why look over to ToO when it is I who asked you to identify the deceit and the lie.
I said quote me.

Are you going to hide your failure to produce behind a laughing nod to ThinkOfOne ?