We Will Be Like Him

We Will Be Like Him

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 Jun 17

Moves
25 Jun 17

Good grief, where's all this copy/pasted or lifted from I wonder.

Btw, is anyone reading all this stuff by sonship? Anyone at all?

Moves
25 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
You like repetition when it is talking about His mercy endures forever. You often refer to Psalm 136 either by allusion or quotation.
So it not alright for me to use some repetition in showing essentially the SAME THING? His mercy will render us eventually to be like Him.
This is rather hypocritical of you
You are neither filled with the spirit of god in regard to your posting, nor are you the reincarnation of the Psalmist, nor are you the Apostle John. You are just a Christian with some very strange beliefs about aliens on other worlds and some mystic, cultish tendencies with a penchant for stealing other ministers messages and presenting them here as your own, and this pious monologue of posts is another one you have lifted, I'm pretty certain of that.

Moves
25 Jun 17
2 edits

Originally posted by sonship in reply to divegeester
lalalalalalalalalalala
Which of my posts were you replying to?
I notice you edited out all of my text 😉

Moves
25 Jun 17
1 edit

Today as we are being made like Him the Christian has to be burdened for the lost.
Do you feel that your "burden for the lost" is best served by you spending days and weeks and months posting in here, or do you suspect that there are hundreds of people going to be burnt alive in your hell because they have not heard one of your sermons?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Jun 17

[b] " Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not yet been manifested what we will be. We know that if He is manifested, we will be like Him because we will see Him even as He is." (1 John 3:2)

In eternity we will be like Christ.
We will have His attitudes and tastes and feeling.
What He loves we will love.
What He hates w ...[text shortened]... ved person who receives the life of God mingled into his life.

"We will be like Him." [/b]
This is good. We will fully become like Christ at the rapture, for now we see in a mirror darkly.
As for now we are becoming more and more like Christ as we renew our minds to what the word says and to the extent we obey it.
When we do good, we are like Christ, as long as the motive is not self seeking.
I have said before that many Christians do not know who they are in Christ. They aren't even certain they are saved.
This is a great trick of Satan to keep people in the dark, to blind them of God's goodness and grace.
The bible says now we are sons of God...
1 John 3:1-2
Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.
NKJV

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
NIV

1 John 3:1-3
See what love the Father has given to us, that we should be called [the] children of God. For this reason the world knows us not, because it knew him not.

2 Beloved, now are we children of God, and what we shall be has not yet been manifested; we know that if it is manifested we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

3 And every one that has this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure.
Darby

What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it — we're called children of God! That's who we really are. But that's also why the world doesn't recognize us or take us seriously, because it has no idea who he is or what he's up to.

2 But friends, that's exactly who we are: children of God. And that's only the beginning. Who knows how we'll end up! What we know is that when Christ is openly revealed, we'll see him — and in seeing him, become like him.
(from THE MESSAGE: The Bible in Contemporary Language © 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. All rights reserved.)

Behold what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God; and (such) we are. For this cause the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

2 Beloved, now are we children of God, and it is not yet made manifest what we shall be. We know that, if he shall be manifested, we shall be like him; for we shall see him even as he is.
ASV

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Jun 17

Originally posted by checkbaiter
This is good. We will fully become like Christ at the rapture, for now we see in a mirror darkly.
As for now we are becoming more and more like Christ as we renew our minds to what the word says and to the extent we obey it.
I have said before that many Christians do not ...[text shortened]... he dark, to blind them of God's goodness and grace.
The bible says now we are sons of God...[b]
Seem likeyour point about the great trick of Satan, is helping some to live righteously, while some like you continue with your sin because you think that there are no consequences as you are saved and not even God can destroy you.

Isnt that strange.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Jun 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
Seem likeyour point about the great trick of Satan, is helping some to live righteously, while some like you continue with your sin because you think that there are no consequences as you are saved and not even God can destroy you.

Isnt that strange.
You lie, but not surprising anymore, it is to be expected.
Lie #1.. I repeatedly have said that sin has consequences.
Lie # 2... I have never said God cannot destroy anyone.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Jun 17

You lie, but not surprising anymore, it is to be expected.
Lie #1.. I repeatedly have said that sin has consequences.
Lie # 2... I have never said God cannot destroy anyone.
You said:
Sin has no consequences on your ability to enter the Kingdom of God. You cannot lose your salvation
God cannot destroy Christians, as they are born again of incorruptible seed.

Is that not true

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
You said:
Sin has no consequences on your ability to enter the Kingdom of God. You cannot lose your salvation
God cannot destroy Christians, as they are born again of incorruptible seed.

Is that not true
1. Not true
2. True
That is not what you said earlier.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 17

I have said before that many Christians do not ...[text shortened]... if he shall be manifested, we shall be like him; for we shall see him even as he is.
ASV
[/b]
Thanks be to God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 17

Jesus Christ came not for a "One Way
trip but for a "Round Trip."

God became man so that man might become God - in life and nature and expression yet not in the Godhead.

He became like us that we would become like Him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 17

I said God became like us that we might become like Him.
He is the most wonderful and terrible name in history - Jesus Christ.

God became man so that man might become God (that is) God in all of His communicable attributes.

How do you deal with the elephant under the carpet of human civilization?
Jesus Christ is what God meant by human being.
Jesus Christ is God-man.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
Are you already like him to a certain extent?
Are you already like him to a certain extent?

Yes.
But I never intended to be. I came to Jesus Christ to get help with a problem I was having. My intention was that He would help me and go away again. Maybe I didn't want Him to go too far, just in case I needed Him again.

His intention turned out to be different.
And I never thought that He would grow to be so precious to me and in me.

Now I realize why God created me and why Christ saved me.
The answer is in the Bible. And if I said that I did not realize it, I would be lying.

The world cannot give this and the world cannot take it away.

F

Moves
26 Jun 17

FMF: Are you already like him to a certain extent?

Yes.
But I never intended to be. I came to Jesus Christ to get help with a problem I was having. My intention was that He would help me and go away again. Maybe I didn't want Him to go too far, just in case I needed Him again.
Would you characterize yourself as more 'Christ like' or less 'Christ like' than other Christian posters here?