1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 23:551 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Would you characterize yourself as more 'Christ like' or less 'Christ like' than other Christian posters here?
    You know Paul wisely advised us not to measure ourselves by ourselves.

" For we do not dare to class or compare ourselves with any of those who commend themselves; but they, measuring themselves and comparing themselves with themselves are without understanding." (2 Cor. 10:12)

This is probably because God is after a corporate expression rather than individual competing units in that sense.

I'll let others judge who is more or less Christlike than who, when and when not, and by how much.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 00:22
    Originally posted by sonship
    You know Paul wisely advised us not to measure ourselves by ourselves.

[b] " For we do not dare to class or compare ourselves with any of those who commend themselves; but they, measuring themselves and comparing themselves with themselves are without understanding." (2 Cor. 10:12)

This is probably because God is after a corpora ...[text shortened]... ll let others judge who is more or less Christlike than who, when and when not, and by how much.[/b]
    It would seem that your "We Will Be Like Him" is just pretentious talk-the-talk stuff and not in any way shape or form a thing of walking-the-walk. Any and all questions about its possible application are met with evasions and deflections.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 00:36
    Being made like Jesus is also finding our soul, paradoxically.
    In other words Jesus was saying that to lose this "thing" which we have inherited from Adam's fall, denying it, to instead gain Christ - is FINDING our life.

" For whoever wants to save his soul-life shall lose it; but whoever ioses his soul-life for My sake shall find it." (Matt. 16:25)

This is a great paradox in the Bible.
    It is better to lose now and gain at the last.
    It is far inferior to gain now only to lose in the end.

To be like Him is to find our soul.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 00:371 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Being made like Jesus is also finding our soul, paradoxically.
    In other words Jesus was saying that to lose this "thing" which we have inherited from Adam's fall, denying it, to instead gain Christ - is FINDING our life.

[quote] [b] " For whoever wants to save his soul-life shall lose it; but whoever ioses his soul-life for My sake shall find it." ...[text shortened]... t is far inferior to gain now only to lose in the end.

To be like Him is to find our soul.
    Which aspect of your persona here on this forum is the most Christ-like part?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 01:36
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Who are the WE, in 'We will be like Him'? Do you even know? You continue to promote your false doctrine, fooling both yourself and gullible Christians. You ignore the teachings of Christ and the Apostles and preach your own or that of a man... which in essence promotes and teaches Christians to continue with lip service to Christ, denouncing good works and ...[text shortened]... s of God and sons of the Devil
    - sons of God are righteous
    - sons of the Devil are sinful
    [/b]
    - There are two kinds of people and its not Christians and non Christians, its sons of God and sons of the Devil
    - sons of God are righteous
    - sons of the Devil are sinful

In the metamorphosis of a caterpillar into a butterfly there is a transition from one form to another.

Peter, the leading disciple, when he expressed his opinion that Jesus should have self pity and not submit to execution, Jesus turned to him and called him "Satan".

"And Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, God be merciful to You, Lord! This shall by no means happen to You!

But He turned and said to Peter, Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me, for you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of men." (Matt. 16:22,23)

Mind you, that a few verses before this Peter had confessed that Jesus was the Son of God. And Jesus spoke well of Peter, saying that he was a stone in the building of His church. Changing his name from Simon Bar-jona to Peter (a stone) signified Jesus would CHANGE the man. He would change the natural man into a spiritual stone fit for the building of His church.

[b" Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, becuse flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in the heavens.

And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it." (Matt. 16:17,18) [/b]

The point here is that this disciple was in transition. At one moment he was the reliable stone for the building of Christ's church. Yet in another moment Jesus turns to him and rebukes him as 'Satan". His revelation has been obscured by his concerned for "the things of man" - the typical self saving God contrary elements of a rebellious and fallen world.

Whether a Christian is behaving like a son of God or a child of Satan may be a matter of where he sets his mind at the moment. Where he stands - with God's will or with the things of fallen man.

Paul was a son of God. But Paul also said that in his flesh dwells no good thing. He knows that the fallen man is still with him. He must be transformed. He must turn his heart to the Lord Jesus within and set his mind not on the fallen Satanified nature but on the new man growing from his spirit.

"For I know that in me, that is, in my flesh nothing good dwells, for to will is present with me, but to work out the good is not." (Rom. 7:18)

Though he is in the process of becoming a mature son of God, Paul has not illusions about what evil potentially he could do for the Devil if he gave himself over to the flesh.

The exhortations of First John are much the same. The sons of God must set their mind on that indwelling divine SEED that it fill up their living. If they fail to do so they still could virtually just behave as sons of the Devil.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree