1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Nov '12 22:10
    Originally posted by menace71
    The U2 was not around in 1949 ? But some plane in 1949 took pictures ?

First flight was 1955 ***Added***

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_U-2

Manny
    Maybe I got that mixed up. I thought it was a U.S. spy aircraft that took the first picture and perhaps my date is incorrect too. I can't say for sure.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Nov '12 23:02
    The U2 was not around in 1949 ? But some plane in 1949 took pictures ?

First flight was 1955 ***Added***

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_U-2

Manny
    This is what I was thinking of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ararat_anomaly
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Nov '12 23:21
    Noahs flood is the one that created the Persian Gulf as well as English Channel and Nordic Fjords.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 00:152 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Noahs flood is the one that created the Persian Gulf as well as English Channel and Nordic Fjords.
    There was also the flood that created the Med. It was something like 6 million years ago. Maybe too early to have been seen by intelligent beings capable of creating a mythology.

That was a flood that lasted something like 2 years, the time it took to equalize the water level of the Atlantic and the Med.

There is this controversial proposal about a flood from the Agean to the black sea, about 7000 years ago:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge_hypothesis

The flood that filled the Med was this: The Zanclean flood:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanclean_flood

Bit over 5 million years ago.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 00:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There was also the flood that created the Med. It was something like 6 million years ago. Maybe too early to have been seen by intelligent beings capable of creating a mythology.

That was a more or less permanent flood, that lasted something like 100,000 years, the time it took to equalize the water level of the Atlantic and the Med.
    I am sure this alleged 6 million year old flood is another deceptive fairy tale for atheists from Satan the devil. 😏
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 00:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am sure this alleged 6 million year old flood is another deceptive fairy tale for atheists from Satan the devil. 😏
    I am sure you think so, still up there in your world of fantasy. It really doesn't matter what you think, the facts speak for themselves. I changed the 100,000 year flood to 2 years based on the Wiki article. Still dated back 5 million years. They can tell the time frame by the junk that accumulates on top of the flood rock debris. Yes Virginia, it can be dated and pretty accurately too. Just as with the age of the Universe and Earth.

I presume you will go to your grave with your illusions. So be it. Your blinders makes you immune to wonder, you have already proved that time and time again. The moon landings were boring, the deep field astro image from Hubble is boring.

You have a very limited mind, a one trick pony. No, I think Ponies have more tricks than you do.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 01:18
    I am sure you think so, still up there in your world of fantasy. It really doesn't matter what you think, the facts speak for themselves. I changed the 100,000 year flood to 2 years based on the Wiki article. Still dated back 5 million years. They can tell the time frame by the junk that accumulates on top of the flood rock debris. Yes Virginia, it can be d ...[text shortened]... ou have a very limited mind, a one trick pony. No, I think Ponies have more tricks than you do.
    There seems to be no sense in trying to reason with you. I guess it is right that you can't teach an old dog, like you, new tricks. 😏
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 01:23
    There seems to be no sense in trying to reason with you. I guess it is right that you can't teach an old dog, like you, new tricks. 😏
    Exactly what 'reason' are you talking about? You have nothing but a biblical fairy tale and you think that is real. There is no 'reason' in that, just stubborn fixation on mythological dogma.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 06:47
    Exactly what 'reason' are you talking about? You have nothing but a biblical fairy tale and you think that is real. There is no 'reason' in that, just stubborn fixation on mythological dogma.
    The reason is in those videos I linked, that you refuse to watch because you willingly choose to remain ignorant. 😏
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 07:52
    The conspiracy you speak of involved Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny hiding inside the Great Pumpkin. 🙄
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 07:57
    Originally posted by caissad4
    The conspiracy you speak of involved Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny hiding inside the Great Pumpkin. 🙄
    No, I was referring to the evolution deception fairy tale or conspiracy if you like. 😏
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 02:56
    No, I was referring to the evolution deception fairy tale or conspiracy if you like. 😏
    If you want to see flood records for yourself you should travel to an area called the Scablands here in the US. You can see for yourself evidence of multiple floods dating back 25,000 years.
    As for evolution, you are a prima facia case that not all of a species has evolved.😛
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 03:50
    Originally posted by caissad4
    If you want to see flood records for yourself you should travel to an area called the Scablands here in the US. You can see for yourself evidence of multiple floods dating back 25,000 years.
    As for evolution, you are a prima facia case that not all of a species has evolved.😛
    No I couldn't, since this world has not existed 25,000 years.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 05:02
    Hearsay while not being solid still has some validity until proven false.
    But it holds very little validity in some cases (including this one).

Another thing if if is up there it's above 10, 000 ft. In elevation no easy feat to get up there. The thing would not be easy to move that's assuming it's in one piece.
    Nevertheless someone would have got up there and taken photographs and samples etc. The moment there was some credible evidence that it existed the Christian world would be all over it and pay whatever it takes to get it publicized and verified etc. The fact is that even Christians don't believe the reports so far at least not to the extent of putting their money on it. How much would you donate towards an expedition?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 05:232 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But it holds very little validity in some cases (including this one).

[b]Another thing if if is up there it's above 10, 000 ft. In elevation no easy feat to get up there. The thing would not be easy to move that's assuming it's in one piece.

Nevertheless someone would have got up there and taken photographs and samples etc. The moment there was so to the extent of putting their money on it. How much would you donate towards an expedition?[/b]
    It is not that important to find Noah's Ark to us Christians, because we already believe. I would think it would only be important to skeptics. I have more important things to spend my money on.

P.S. It is the same for the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo, which we believers only point out as proof for the benefit of the skeptics.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree