1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 07:28
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is not that important to find Noah's Ark to us Christians, because we already believe. I would think it would only be important to skeptics. I have more important things to spend my money on.

P.S. It is the same for the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo, which we believers only point out as proof for the benefit of the skeptics.
    And I believe if you are capable of doing simple mathematics you will see that Abraham died in the noah flood.
    What is it like living in a flat world located at the center of the universe ?🙄
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 08:16
    Originally posted by caissad4
    And I believe if you are capable of doing simple mathematics you will see that Abraham died in the noah flood.
    What is it like living in a flat world located at the center of the universe ?🙄
    You better check again. Abraham was not even born until after Noah died.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 09:08
    It is not that important to find Noah's Ark to us Christians, because we already believe. I would think it would only be important to skeptics. I have more important things to spend my money on.
    So I am correct that you won't actually put your money where your mouth is.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 12:02

P.S. It is the same for the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo, which we believers only point out as proof for the benefit of the skeptics.
    Does it not give you any pause for thought that every skeptic here tells you that none of
    those things are even remotely convincing evidence (or even evidence at all)?

You spend an inordinate amount of time spamming stuff about these things which you apparently
    don't care about because you think 'skeptics care about it'.....

What would it take for us to convince you that we do not in fact consider this nonsense to be evidence
    or convincing?

I mean if you don't care, and we don't care, what purpose can your posting it possibly have?

Now if you ever get actual evidence by all means post it.

But repeatedly spamming stuff that we have already explained isn't evidence to (as you say) 'convince us'
    is just stupid.

I mean, do you think we are going to change our minds simply based on the number of times you post
    the same nonsense?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 12:19
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    That is because you have no concept of what the words 'evidence' or 'proof' actually mean.

First due to the problem of hard solipsism (the how can you tell if you're in the matrix problem)
    there is no such thing as absolute 100% proof of anything outside of logic and mathematics.

If you are discussing anything about the world/reality we live in ...[text shortened]... stinguish between them
    and is thus not evidence or proof of either/any of them?
    the myth of sisif comes to mind whenever i see so much work done trying to convince rjhinds.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 12:21

it is insulting to assume all christians believe in noah's ark. insulting to me and to every christian out there that uses his brain for more than chewing his food.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 18:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So I am correct that you won't actually put your money where your mouth is.
    Sometimes you speak with intelligence. 😏
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 18:56
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Does it not give you any pause for thought that every skeptic here tells you that none of
    those things are even remotely convincing evidence (or even evidence at all)?

You spend an inordinate amount of time spamming stuff about these things which you apparently
    don't care about because you think 'skeptics care about it'.....

What would it take ...[text shortened]... ng to change our minds simply based on the number of times you post
    the same nonsense?
    Do you think I will change my mind when you continually post the same nonsense? Yes, I think you do. You believe if you tell a big lie over and over, it will soon be believed. You can fool some of the people, but this redneck ain't one of them. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 18:59
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    it is insulting to assume all christians believe in noah's ark. insulting to me and to every christian out there that uses his brain for more than chewing his food.
    I do not need to assume all Christians believe in Noah's Ark, I know they do. 😏

10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 00:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There was also the flood that created the Med. It was something like 6 million years ago. Maybe too early to have been seen by intelligent beings capable of creating a mythology.

That was a flood that lasted something like 2 years, the time it took to equalize the water level of the Atlantic and the Med.

There is this controversial proposal about a f ...[text shortened]... he Zanclean flood:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanclean_flood

Bit over 5 million years ago.
    Nobody knew how to write back then. The Persian Gulf flood is in the location described in the Bible and just before the invention of writing.
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 04:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But it holds very little validity in some cases (including this one).

[b]Another thing if if is up there it's above 10, 000 ft. In elevation no easy feat to get up there. The thing would not be easy to move that's assuming it's in one piece.

Nevertheless someone would have got up there and taken photographs and samples etc. The moment there was so ...[text shortened]... to the extent of putting their money on it. How much would you donate towards an expedition?[/b]
    I'm not sure I even agree....The biblical descriptions states that the ark rested on the mountains of Ararat. What and where is this ? You need to understand people of faith will believe differently no matter what. I'm willing to have an open mind because I do seek the truth.

Manny
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 10:05
    I do not need to assume all Christians believe in Noah's Ark, I know they do. 😏

like i said, insulting
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 10:32
    Originally posted by menace71
    I'm willing to have an open mind because I do seek the truth.
    I too have an open mind, and I too seek the truth. But my point is that if there were evidence for a large wooden structure on the top of a mountain, scientists would be all over it. It would be a significant find worthy of significant investigation. The fact that this is not happening tells me that all scientists to date who have been presented with claims of an ark have not been convinced by the evidence of its existence. This leads me to be extremely sceptical of any such claims to the point that I find 'inconclusive' to be an overly generous term for such claims.
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 13:32
    Do you think I will change my mind when you continually post the same nonsense? Yes, I think you do. You believe if you tell a big lie over and over, it will soon be believed. You can fool some of the people, but this redneck ain't one of them. 😏

Oh good grief...

YOU stated that YOU were presenting these 'evidences' to convince skeptics.

So I responded by telling you that AS A SKEPTIC these so called 'evidences' were no
    even remotely convincing to me AS A SKEPTIC.

Do you really think I am lying when I tell you that what you are presenting as evidence is
    not convincing as such, to me or people like me?

YOU are the one 'telling a big lie over and over' and expecting people to believe it simply
    because you say it often enough.

I am telling you as someone from and of the group of people you claim you are trying to convince
    that what you're doing will not work on us.

What about that do you not get?
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 17:02
    I would like to throw a little unknown fact into the mix. Does anyone know the makeup of the animals that went on the ark?

-K

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree