What About Noah's Flood?

What About Noah's Flood?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
You know good and well what there is around the 2 meter ham band, right?
What's that?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by kd2acz
What's that?
🙂

k

Moves
08 Nov 12

🙂
Did you ever get Echolink up and running?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Nov 12

Did you ever get Echolink up and running?
I got it on my comp but have to get the mic activated. Not a huge job but have to do it. I use it on Skype sometimes, daughter lives in Brazil, mom in California so we can video each other there but haven't used it in a few months.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
Personally I think the biggest argument against the flood myth is that it violates the
known laws of physics.

But that might be because I trained as a physicist not a biologist.
A worldwide flood is impossible today because God made it so. However, things were not the same before the flood as they are today. The Physics did not change, but the conditions around the Earth, on the Earth, and within the Earth changed. If you had bothered to look and listen to the videos that I linked, you would know this. However, you WILLINGLY remain ignorant of these things.

Moves
09 Nov 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
A worldwide flood is impossible today because God made it so. However, things were not the same before the flood as they are today. The Physics did not change, but the conditions around the Earth, on the Earth, and within the Earth changed. If you had bothered to look and listen to the videos that I linked, you would know this. However, you WILLINGLY remain ignorant of these things.
No, I have seen the video's/links and know what they/you are claiming.

However what you are claiming is wrong and in violation of the laws of physics and are
thus physically impossible.

You are invoking a god (magic) in your argument.

My point is science (physics) says that this is impossible.

Period.

You can come up with all the magical explanations you like and this will not change.

You cannot thus claim sciences backing for these claims.

To do otherwise is lying.

I get that you think science is wrong, but that's irrelevant to the fact that it indisputably
disagrees with you.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by googlefudge
No, I have seen the video's/links and know what they/you are claiming.

However what you are claiming is wrong and in violation of the laws of physics and are
thus physically impossible.

You are invoking a god (magic) in your argument.

My point is science (physics) says that this is impossible.

Period.

You can come up with all the magical ...[text shortened]... science is wrong, but that's irrelevant to the fact that it indisputably
disagrees with you.
Since I believe I know the truth, I do not need everyone to agree with me to validate my belief. I do have enough scientists that agree with me for that. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Nov 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Since I believe I know the truth, I do not need everyone to agree with me to validate my belief. I do have enough scientists that agree with me for that. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
You may have ultra right wing nutter Paulists with an agenda claiming there was a flood, but their specious so-called arguments reach nobody but like minded right wing nutters.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
09 Nov 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
I too have an open mind, and I too seek the truth. But my point is that if there were evidence for a large wooden structure on the top of a mountain, scientists would be all over it. It would be a significant find worthy of significant investigation. The fact that this is not happening tells me that all scientists to date who have been presented with clai ...[text shortened]... claims to the point that I find 'inconclusive' to be an overly generous term for such claims.
I agree that....Why has it not been found yet? I've read a lot on it and it seems a lot like Big Foot 😉 There is a lot of Hearsay and stories about so called sightings but never anything solid. Stories of travelers throughout the ages supposedly seeing it. One from the 1300's stated that during clear weather it could be seen by men on top of the mountain as a black spot. However once again just writings. Josephus mentioned it briefly as being real. Other ancient accounts speak of it as being real. I hold out hope only because I believe the story was true. I do think however that given that if it is up on Mt. Ararat it is indeed a hard place to get to above 10,000 ft on any Mountain is a technical feat to get up there. I don't think there would be an argument there. Weather and always a Glacier up there.

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Nov 12

You may have ultra right wing nutter Paulists with an agenda claiming there was a flood, but their specious so-called arguments reach nobody but like minded right wing nutters.
I thought we were going to try to stop calling names, but you seem to like the idea of calling names.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
09 Nov 12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QvsG3E7WAn0

Long video about 44 mins this guy believes that the Ark is not on top of Mt. Ararat but 15 miles away it's a documentary from History Channel

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
09 Nov 12

LAT 39°26'26.24"N BY LON 44°14'5.45"E

Checked it out on Google Earth the formation is real. I think it is definitely a ship and man made after watching the video. The bible account does indeed say it landed on the mountains of Ararat plural

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Nov 12

Originally posted by menace71
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QvsG3E7WAn0

Long video about 44 mins this guy believes that the Ark is not on top of Mt. Ararat but 15 miles away it's a documentary from History Channel

Manny
Here is another video of two possible locations for Noah's Ark.

&feature=related

Z

Moves
09 Nov 12

Any broken ankles? 😉

I will add this article that I come across, it is fairly scientific so enjoy.

http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scientific_evidence_for_a_worldwide_flood.htm
Like i said, i know this dance.

This is roughly the middle. this is where you post a link that supports a global flood, or a young earth, or unicorns, created by a handful of "scientists" that the majority of the scientific community find hilarious.

What would follow next is that i waste time reading the stupid that is at that site (let's say 10-15 minutes), find numerous ways to disprove anything said there in about 5 minutes, but spend half an hour building my argument as if i was talking to 5 year olds, because i cannot use known facts from physics, geology, genetics, etc, i have to explain again every concept (isotope dating is the first to come to mind).

Then comes the even more aggravating part of the dance: the one where you ignore everything i posted (and worked for ), you then insult my religion, saying i am not a real Christian because i don't believe in the genocide God supposedly did, i call you a psychopath and i add yet another fundy to my fundy list.

So, let me break the chain right here and skip to the end, where we avoid and ignore each other.

Z

Moves
09 Nov 12

🙄 Whatever.
it's nice to see you're already at the "ignoring a well thought out argument" part of The Dance. so you see why i am reluctant to enact a copy of it between you and me, when you do so well with sonhouse.