1. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 23:20
    Originally posted by Penguin
    You posted the wikipedia article as an example of where wikipedia gets it wrong. However, you have failed to identify any part of the article that is actually wrong. Likewise, you have also failed to identify any part of the 'giant skeletons' article that is wrong.

And we have still not had any reliable reference to anything indicating these skeletons mig ...[text shortened]... any 'giant human skeletons'. Amazing.
    [/i]

Now it is 6 pages. Stunning!

--- Penguin.
    Somehow I think that if there were giant skeletons claimed to be found that were monkey-like ("ape"-like, if you prefer), most of you athiest evolutionist fruits would be all over that, touting it as obvious fact.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 00:07
    Originally posted by CLL53
    Somehow I think that if there were giant skeletons claimed to be found that were monkey-like ("ape"-like, if you prefer), most of you athiest evolutionist fruits would be all over that, touting it as obvious fact.
    Exactly!
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 00:21
    To heck with it, some people just don't get it. Their own web sites state the obvious, per no claim to be the equivalent of authoritative information content. Read their information, the sites are operated entirely on the theory that information posted will be edited and re-edited, again and again, to finally converge on commonly accepted material. Note that even if the theory held, commonly accepted does not make something factual.
    indeed. you should apply that to your bible.

nobody is claiming that wikipedia is authoritative. yet, you still haven't presented any case for your demented allegations. you haven't found anything that's inaccurate (though i'm sure inaccurate things exist on it), and you haven't proven that absurd things can get on (and stay on by implication) wikipedia.

so the case remains open and you remain a douche.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 08:51
    Probably not, since most people whom you would consider 'atheist evolutionist fruits' would still want to verify that these skeletons actually existed before citing them as evidence.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 14:38
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    indeed. you should apply that to your bible.

nobody is claiming that wikipedia is authoritative. yet, you still haven't presented any case for your demented allegations. you haven't found anything that's inaccurate (though i'm sure inaccurate things exist on it), and you haven't proven that absurd things can get on (and stay on by implication) wikipedia.

so the case remains open and you remain a douche.
    It seems to me that the religion of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is an absurd thing that has been put on Wikipedia and remains on there. But I do agree that some good factual information is on there. I even filled in a missing reference, that they were asking for, once myself.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 14:42
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Probably not, since most people whom you would consider 'atheist evolutionist fruits' would still want to verify that these skeletons actually existed before citing them as evidence.
    You said it -- most -- but we have some of those others on here. 😏
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 15:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It seems to me that the religion of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is an absurd thing that has been put on Wikipedia and remains on there.
    Whether or not the religion is absurd, the article describing the religion is factual. Even the word 'absurd' appears in the Oxford dictionary, that doesn't make the dictionary absurd any more than an article describing absurd religions makes Wikipedia factually incorrect or absurd.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 16:00
    You said it -- [b]most -- but we have some of those others on here. 😏[/b]
    "some" is probably an understatement
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 16:27
    It seems to me that the religion of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is an absurd thing that has been put on Wikipedia and remains on there. But I do agree that some good factual information is on there. I even filled in a missing reference, that they were asking for, once myself.
    you've somehow missed the concept of an encyclopedia.

if someone is banging their head on a brick wall as you and cll53 are doing here, and the media reports your absurd actions, it does not imply in any way that the reporting media is absurd.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 17:14
    you've somehow missed the concept of an encyclopedia.

if someone is banging their head on a brick wall as you and cll53 are doing here, and the media reports your absurd actions, it does not imply in any way that the reporting media is absurd.
    However, it would indicate that their report is incorrect if they described the actions absurd. 😏
  11. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 21:58
    However, it would indicate that their report is incorrect if they described the actions absurd. 🙄
    okay, it looks like you've entered super stupid mode. i'll talk to you again in a week or so after you've settled down to normal stupid.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 22:11
    okay, it looks like you've entered super stupid mode. i'll talk to you again in a week or so after you've settled down to normal stupid.
    It would be both absurd and incorrect. How is that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree