1. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 13:45
    Originally posted by sonship
    Penguin, most of the people I hear harp on "lack of any evidence for God" are simply posturing. When it comes down to it it is an incessant unwillingness to accept plausible evidence.
    I do not deny the existence of evidence, I do deny the existence of plausible evidence that outweighs the evidence against.
    Giving examples of converts doesn't prove that such evidence will be convincing to me. After all, I could give examples of converts to Islam, yet you would not be therefore convinced that the evidence they looked at must be valid.
    So present your evidence.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 15:24
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I do not deny the existence of evidence, I do deny the existence of plausible evidence that outweighs the evidence against.
    Giving examples of converts doesn't prove that such evidence will be convincing to me. After all, I could give examples of converts to Islam, yet you would not be therefore convinced that the evidence they looked at must be valid.
    So present your evidence.
    We have been presenting our evidence for over a year and supporting it with quotes from the Holy Bible and links to articles and videos on YouTube, but you perfer to stick your head up your bum instead of paying attention.
  3. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 15:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We have been presenting our evidence for over a year and supporting it with quotes from the Holy Bible and links to articles and videos on YouTube, but you perfer to stick your head up your bum instead of paying attention.
    The trouble is that the bible is completely consistent with being a collection of ancient contradictory myths and legends, composed and compiled entirely by men of the age, just like the Vedas, Hadiths, Koran, Illiad and Odyssey, Roman and Norse legends. It is not serious evidence of anything else.

All the youtube videos that you favour (at least the one's I have had the misfortune to see) have turned out to be utter bollocks.

But we are getting off topic here.

--- Penguin.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 16:001 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    There are no gods.

~~THE END~~
    This ship is unsinkable!

~~THE END~~
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 16:47
    I generally don't waste my time on youtube videos, but the evidence presented by theists on this forum, that I have looked at, has not been convincing to me (or I would be a theist by now).
    It is interesting though that in nearly every discussion regarding such evidence, there is actually a very tiny number of theists that actually agree on what the evidence is and what it points to. By this I mean that theists themselves are usually not in agreement. If you can't convince your fellow theists who already agree on some of the major points, how can you expect to convince me?
    If you look at the John 3:16 thread, I pointed out at the beginning that the verse was not that easy to understand, and a number of theists immediately called me out and announced that it was simple and straight forward. Yet several weeks later, theists are still arguing over the exact meaning.
    Then there is a subset of theists who claim that any evidence for God would violate some basic principle of faith.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 18:09
    Originally posted by Penguin
    The trouble is that the bible is completely consistent with being a collection of ancient contradictory myths and legends, composed and compiled entirely by men of the age, just like the Vedas, Hadiths, Koran, Illiad and Odyssey, Roman and Norse legends. It is not serious evidence of anything else.

All the youtube videos that you favour (at least the one' ...[text shortened]... ee) have turned out to be utter bollocks.

--- Penguin.
    For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false

(2 Thessalonians 2:11 NASB)
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 18:17
    I generally don't waste my time on youtube videos, but the evidence presented by theists on this forum, that I have looked at, has not been convincing to me (or I would be a theist by now).
    It is interesting though that in nearly every discussion regarding such evidence, there is actually a very tiny number of theists that actually agree on what the evid ...[text shortened]... et of theists who claim that any evidence for God would violate some basic principle of faith.
    I do not lump myself in with theists. I am a believer in Yahshua (Jesus the Christ, Creator and Saviour, and not in Jehovah or Allah or any other false god.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy! Glory be to God!
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 18:25
    [b]For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false

(2 Thessalonians 2:11 NASB)[/b]
    So this supposed all loving god sends deception down to Earth because mere humans tick it off. Yessir, GREAT god you have there. An insane individual with all the emotional maturity of a 12 year old boy.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 18:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So this supposed all loving god sends deception down to Earth because mere humans tick it off. Yessir, GREAT god you have there. An insane individual with all the emotional maturity of a 12 year old boy.
    The deluding influence is only for those that will not repent and believe on the only begotten Son of God, like yourself. Prepare yourself for Hellfire!
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 20:15
    I do not lump myself in with theists. I am a believer in Yahshua (Jesus the Christ, Creator and Saviour, and not in Jehovah or Allah or any other false god.
    Which is my point exactly. If your evidence can't even convince those who already believe in gods, then it won't have much chance of convincing me.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 20:51
    Which is my point exactly. If your evidence can't even convince those who already believe in gods, then it won't have much chance of convincing me.
    In one way they are just like you. They do not have ears to hear or eyes to see such things. I show you the evidence of the Shroud of Turin and it only hardens your heart, like the Pharaoh in the time of Moses and the Exodus,
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 04:58
    In one way they are just like you. They do not have ears to hear or eyes to see such things. I show you the evidence of the Shroud of Turin and it only hardens your heart, like the Pharaoh in the time of Moses and the Exodus,
    Or maybe, the evidence simply is just not convincing. But I realise its always easier for you to pretend that the listener simply can't hear you. And it way my understanding that it was God, that deliberately 'hardened' the heart of the Pharoah. So maybe God simply doesn't want me to believe. That might even mean that you showing me evidence is against Gods will.
  13. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 07:35
    [b]For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false

(2 Thessalonians 2:11 NASB)[/b]
    Ha! I explain why the Bible is not considered evidence of God and your response is to quote from the Bible.

You clearly have your fingers in your ears.

--- Penguin.
  14. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 09:27
    We? You doing a Mad Maggie and using the royal we inappropriately?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 10:531 edit
    Originally posted by Penguin

All the youtube videos that you favour (at least the one' ...[text shortened]... ee) have turned out to be utter bollocks.

--- Penguin.

evidence for that assertion, nil.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree