What atheism really teaches

What atheism really teaches

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Apr 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Kepler
We? You doing a Mad Maggie and using the royal we inappropriately?
I know there was at least one other person. Let's just call him sonship for the present. Maybe JayWill. I thing two is enough to be referred to as we. Or perhaps it is my body, soul, and spirit, which make three.

Or perhaps it does refer to my royal side since I have a royal name -- RONALD.

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Ronald

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
25 Apr 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
The fool has said in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt,
They have done abominable works,
There is none who does good.

(Psalm 14:1 NKJV)

There you go Mr. smarty pants.
Oh I see now.
A 3,000 year old poem that doesn't even rhyme makes me wrong.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
25 Apr 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Or perhaps it does refer to my royal side since I have a royal name -- RONALD.

King Ronald? Never heard of him.

I have heard of these three clowns though;
Ronald Reagan, Ronald McDonald, Ronald Hinds

w

Moves
25 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Recently we had a summation of the Bibles message, you know, the earth will become a paradise, people will live in harmony forever etc etc i wonder of our atheist friends can provide a similar summation of their message,
All of mankind will eventually die off, thus freeing Mother universe from their parasitical existence of feeding off her natural resources and polluting it.

😵

P

Moves
25 Apr 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Atheism isn't a religion, and therefore cannot have 'teachings'.
As for what I, as an individual atheist teach, the main message is 'the Truth will set you free'. And the truth is that there is no God, and there will be no paradise after you die, and science is the best way to understand the world, and we should all strive to educate ourselves and unders ...[text shortened]... democracy, the system encourages short term planning at the expense of long term planning.
Amen

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
25 Apr 13

Atheism is a sort of religion in the sense that Atheism propounds similar views and it seems that most Atheist is the past 150 years have/ had a bone to pick with Theist. I know it goes both ways but it seems that way.

Manny

Cape Town

Moves
25 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71
Atheism is a sort of religion in the sense that Atheism propounds similar views
Atheism doesn't 'propound views'. Atheism is nothing more and nothing less than a description of people who do not hold a belief in God. Everyone is in fact an atheist with respect to all but one religion.

and it seems that most Atheist is the past 150 years have/ had a bone to pick with Theist.
Only the outspoken ones. The vast majority of atheists are never heard from at all so we don't really know what their views are.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Apr 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
King Ronald? Never heard of him.

I have heard of these three clowns though;
Ronald Reagan, Ronald McDonald, Ronald Hinds
Haven't you seen Ronald McDonald's crown?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Apr 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Atheism doesn't 'propound views'. Atheism is nothing more and nothing less than a description of people who do not hold a belief in God. Everyone is in fact an atheist with respect to all but one religion.

[b]and it seems that most Atheist is the past 150 years have/ had a bone to pick with Theist.

Only the outspoken ones. The vast majority of atheists are never heard from at all so we don't really know what their views are.[/b]
Atheism doesn't 'propound rational views'. 😏

P

Moves
25 Apr 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Robbie Carrobie
Recently we had a summation of the Bibles message, you know, the earth will become a paradise, people will live in harmony forever etc etc i wonder of our atheist friends can provide a similar summation of their message,
Just to drag this thread kicking and screaming back towards the original topic, although atheism does not have any specific message (since it simply a lack of belief in one-more religion than all the theists), I think what you are after is humanism, which has these kinds of viewpoints:

VALUES
Humanists believe that morality is based on human nature, human society and human experience; it has not come from a god.

Humanists believe that moral values stem from the human need for happiness and the fact that we must live co-operatively together.

There is no evidence for life after death, and so humanists place a special value on this life and on making the best of it. They do not expect justice in another life, and so work for justice in this one.

Humanists try to follow the Golden Rule: treat other people as you would like them to treat you, avoid harming others.

Humanists value all human beings, celebrating both our common humanity and shared values, and the diversity of human culture. Prejudices based on race, gender, nation or belief should not be allowed to separate us.

Humanists believe that humans alone are responsible for sustaining and improving our quality of life on this planet.

BELIEFS
Humanism is based on reason, not faith:

The humanist view of the universe does not depend on a belief in god or Gods. Humanists are agnostic (a- gnostic = without knowledge) because they think that we cannot know whether God exists or not. Because there is no evidence for the existence of God or for an after-life, humanists live their lives as atheists (a-theist = without god), and find other reasons for living good lives.

Humanists do not have sacred texts, traditions, dogma, prophets, or any source of authority other than human experience. Humanists look for evidence before they believe things and like to think for themselves.

Humanists believe that knowledge best advances through openness and co-operation, through experiment and observation, and through free enquiry and discussion.

Humanists accept that science provides the best available explanations for the existence of the universe and life on earth. Humanists do not believe that the universe or earth were created

From http://www.humanismforschools.org.uk/pdfs/HUMANISM%20-%20a%20summary%20for%20teachers.pdf

--- Penguin

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
25 Apr 13

That's what I am then, a humanist. Blimey, I've been one all these years and never knew I had a posh label. I thought I was just an annoying, cantankerous git.

O

Moves
25 Apr 13

That's what I am then, a humanist. Blimey, I've been one all these years and never knew I had a posh label. I thought I was just an annoying, cantankerous git.
Most people are, if religion would get off their case the vast majority of people would recognise this.

P

Moves
25 Apr 13

Well being a humanist and an annoying cantankerous git are not mutually exclusive options. I certainly manage both 🙂

--- Penguin

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Apr 13

Yeah, that too!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by OdBod
Most people are, if religion would get off their case the vast majority of people would recognise this.
Humanism is EVIL!

An insane form of thinking that invades the human mind convincing it of it's superiority over God and His Word.

Humanism is a direct enemy of Christianity. Humanism and the Church of Satan believes that you can do anything you want, just as long as no one else gets hurt. However, that is NOT what the Bible teaches. We are commanded in the Bible to OBEY GOD rather than men (Acts 5:29).

Humanism is horribly evil because it DENIES God. Humanism is evil because it seeks answers WITHOUT God. Humanism is evil because it does NOT recognize the Bible as God's Word. Humanism is wicked because it promotes the acceptance of homosexuality, witchcraft, abortion, assisted suicide, and every other evil act (as long as they think no one is being hurt).

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Humanism/humanism_is_evil.htm

Hunanism seems like the religion of the Atheist, dosen't it?