1. Wat?
    Moves
    11 Oct '11 02:10
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    [b]Whilst we are on the subject, did anybody ever achieve topping the thread list in all available categories simoultaneously??.... I dare you!
    Come on, I'm sure somebody out there is capable?

The above was written by you.

You obviously don't understand maths.[/b]
    I'm sorry?? 😲

What does that quote have anything to do with a fundamental mathematical or lingual flaw?

I think you don't even understand the basics of what that quote means, so I'll explain and put you out of your mathematical pain.

Each forum has a thread list, e.g. Chess, Help, GF etc.

All the forums have a category, as exemplified above.

To achieve having your own thread at the top of each forum, or category, simoultaneously would be a very difficult task.

That's what your quote means.

Please tell me how you conclude from that that I don't understand maths.

I really am not with you. Have you been hitting the whisky again?

-m.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '11 02:27
    I realize I can't prove "knowledge" wrong with "knowledge"

It isn't that these things are wrong they are just unimportant... but in a class of unimportance that they may as well be wrong. Knowledge is just a distraction, a waste of your time.

....But it isn't if you want* to live in a "knowlegeable" or "material" or "informative" world(where the majority of people want to live )... then you must rely upon it.

I'm telling you that your want* to live in this world is misplaced and misguided because it is just a distraction from the reality of physical death. You say it is progress but progression towards what? An easier life?

Because of this progress we now have the ability to wipe out our own race... given enough time this is exactly what we will do.

That is the best I can do to explain how logic and knowledge is "wrong" and it isn't sufficient at all. I don't know if the words to explain it even exist... at least if people like Siddhartha Gautama, Jesus Christ, or anybody else couldn't explain it well enough to convince you I probably never will be able to... even with a perfect command of every language.

* = This isn't a good word to use here to make my point but I can't find a better one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree