1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 18:15
    In this thread i have described the Canaanite 'Genocide' as abhorrent, due to only being able to view it on the 'human level'. As a result of my atheist outlook, i can not differentiate it from any other mass killing. This has not changed.

In reflection though, i want to make clear that i do not find Christians in themselves abhorrent for viewing the Canaanite 'Genocide' as being divinely justifiable, although this is beyond my comprehension. When the 'higher level' is brought to the table it is time for us to part company on this issue.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 20:14
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    In this thread i have described the Canaanite 'Genocide' as abhorrent, due to only being able to view it on the 'human level'. As a result of my atheist outlook, i can not differentiate it from any other mass killing. This has not changed.

In reflection though, i want to make clear that i do not find Christians in themselves abhorrent for viewing ...[text shortened]... When the 'higher level' is brought to the table it is time for us to part company on this issue.
    " i want to make clear that i do not find Christians in themselves abhorrent for viewing the Canaanite 'Genocide' as being divinely justifiable,"

would you be comfortable sharing a cubicle at work with someone who says that sauron from lord of the rings might have had some good points when wanting to destroy the world. or someone who roots for the serial killer in horror movies, no matter how abnoxious (or not) the fictional victims are.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 20:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What is this disgusting view? Belief that God is good? Or is it that God will destroy evil? Is that disgusting to you evil man?
    the canaanite children were not evil. the egyptian first born were not evil. all the children in the world at the time of the flood were not evil. the children killed by bears were not evil.

killing these children would be evil.
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 20:32
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

would you be comfortable sharing a cubicle at work with someone who says that sauron from lord of the rings might have had some good points when wanting to destroy the world...
    Yes.

I simply wouldn't discuss those issues with them, as i don't believe Sauron actually exists.

I also would never work in a cubicle.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 20:50
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Yes.

I simply wouldn't discuss those issues with them, as i don't believe Sauron actually exists.

I also would never work in a cubicle.
    i didnt ask if you would cope. i asked if you would be comfortable. we all have weird issues, quirks of character. believing the death of thousands of hypothetical children would be warrented if god asked is quite a problematic quirk
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 01:49
    the canaanite children were not evil. the egyptian first born were not evil. all the children in the world at the time of the flood were not evil. the children killed by bears were not evil.

killing these children would be evil.
    Perhaps those children had a destiny to be very evil. We must let God be the judge of that. 😏
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 10:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Perhaps those children had a destiny to be very evil. We must let God be the judge of that. 😏
    oh so now you're comfortable with killing children, anyone before they are actually guilty of a crime?

gotcha
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 10:46
    oh so now you're comfortable with killing children, anyone before they are actually guilty of a crime?

gotcha
    It is not a matter of being comfortable, but a matter of who is the judge. I believe God is the judge of that, not us. 😏

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree