1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    09 Jul '15 11:251 edit
    sorry about the missing y in the title.

    so what did the canaanites do to be labeled evil? i am asking for specifics.

    also, i would like to know what sort of evil needs 400 years to cook properly? god said to abraham that he will give him canaan, but not for 4 hundred years because the canaanites are not evil enough yet
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    09 Jul '15 11:26
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    So I guess that answers it🙂
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    09 Jul '15 13:251 edit
    Their ancestor, Ham, committed a lewd act on Noah. So Noah cursed Ham's son, Canaan, as punishment.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8572
    09 Jul '15 13:36
    Originally posted by vivify
    Their ancestor, Ham, committed a lewd act on Noah. So Noah cursed Ham's son, Canaan, as punishment.
    Where is your evidence for this lewd act committed by Ham?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    09 Jul '15 13:40
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Where is your evidence for this lewd act committed by Ham?
    the bible😀

    and it was the lewd act of pulling the pants off his father to see his junk, which is kind of disturbing but certainly not deserving of having your descendants genocided
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    09 Jul '15 13:42
    Originally posted by vivify
    Their ancestor, Ham, committed a lewd act on Noah. So Noah cursed Ham's son, Canaan, as punishment.
    this curse was the cause. something that magically turned future generations descending from canaan more and more evil.

    i am interested to know exactly what evil acts the canaanites did.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8572
    09 Jul '15 14:50
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    the bible😀

    and it was the lewd act of pulling the pants off his father to see his junk, which is kind of disturbing but certainly not deserving of having your descendants genocided
    That's just the point old chap, the Bible is vague to say the least on the whole naked episode.

    "Noah, a man of the soil, proceeded to plant a vineyard. When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent. Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father's nakedness and told his two brothers outside. But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it across their shoulders; then they walked in backward and covered their father's nakedness. Their faces were turned the other way so that they would not see their father's nakedness. When Noah awoke from his wine and found out what his youngest son had done to him, he said, ‘Cursed be Canaan! The lowest of slaves will he be to his brothers.’"

    Genesis 9:20-25
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    09 Jul '15 15:09
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    the bible😀

    and it was the lewd act of pulling the pants off his father to see his junk, which is kind of disturbing but certainly not deserving of having your descendants genocided
    They were so nuts in those days, N could have done the same if the brat had just given him the finger🙂
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    09 Jul '15 15:11
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    That's just the point old chap, the Bible is vague to say the least on the whole naked episode.

    "Noah, a man of the soil, proceeded to plant a vineyard. When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent. Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father's nakedness and told his two brothers outside. But Shem and Japheth too ...[text shortened]... e said, ‘Cursed be Canaan! The lowest of slaves will he be to his brothers.’"

    Genesis 9:20-25
    Bit of an overreaction, eh. Can you imagine what N would have done if the perp had been female? Off with her head.....
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    09 Jul '15 16:45
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i am interested to know exactly what evil acts the canaanites did.
    The same evil grotesque immoral things people do today all over the world. Just use your imagination!
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    09 Jul '15 17:30
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Where is your evidence for this lewd act committed by Ham?
    It's just an assumption based on how possess Noah was when he woke up from being passed out drunk. There's no evidence of what the actual act was.
  12. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    09 Jul '15 18:03
    They practiced human sacrifice including sacrificing children.

    http://christ.org.tw/bible_and_theology/Bible/Burnt_Offering_of_Children.htm
  13. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    09 Jul '15 18:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    They practiced human sacrifice including sacrificing children.

    http://christ.org.tw/bible_and_theology/Bible/Burnt_Offering_of_Children.htm
    Like abortion.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8572
    09 Jul '15 19:28
    I have no idea where this thread is going, but i have popcorn.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93528
    09 Jul '15 20:12
    sounds like noah was embarrassed about what he was packing.
Back to Top